1024 or more
512MB
256MB
768MB
128MB
384MB
64MB or less
640MB
so..as anyone could predict and as the poll clearly shows that in year 2011 majority of lfs players have more than 512MB VRAM, result is that the next patch will bring high-res textures right?
Already installed high res texture patches.
Pure speculation
I imagine that the benchmark is Scawen's computer.

Something tells me that he isn't running enthusiast hardware.

This is pure speculation.
1024mb...
Quote from xfirestorm :Since when does the amount of GRAM determine the overall performance of the gfx card?
Where is the GRAM frequency? GPU frequency? For starters.
Then you have, pixel/vertex shader versions etc.

Don't turn LFS into another NFS/CoD/etc serries, where each year you get better graphics(HELL YEAH!), the same old story(MEH, BETTER GRAPHICS!), maybe just slightly altered story with some new stuff that are fun for a few minutes(STILL, BETTER GRAPHICS!).
The graphics look good enough and with lower textures etc. you have more potential players. Not everyone of us have the money to buy 500core cpus with 10 gfx cards in sli mode you know.(A little bit of sarcasm there)

As for the wanting for LFS gfx improvements over use of multi-cores. Is your gfx going to do the simulation computations when you're on a full grid instead of the other cores that are doing "nothing" when you are playing LFS?

Instead of better graphics and new content I'd much rather see some improvements to the sim, like water/oil temperature, brake wear and brake temperature etc.

Talking about CoD series, look this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_nqhViIDN0
Quote from Matrixi :It's hardly pedantic to tell people how SLI (or crossfire for that matter) really works, since by reading this thread, the majority of SLI owners seem to believe it really doubles their vram.

I actually made a mistake of buying a GTX 295 by believing what the box said (1792MB) and was hugely disappointed when GTA 4 only displayed a lousy 896MB worth of usable memory.

I don't take this game or game forum seriously enough to delve into what's useless technical arcana to someone like me. :rolleyes:

Before you roll your eyes at my passing off disinterest as sloppy neglect, I did take the time to point out what my actual cfg was and what I voted, so that in case I was wrong as I suspected, the poll maker could account for this in his stat gathering.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG