The online racing simulator
You're probably doing pictures in the wrong mode pearcy, I can't say I notice a loss of quality when uploading to picasa, some pictures turn out a little darker then expected but 95% of them are just fine. CoolColJ posted about it somewhere in this thread, press triangle in photomode change mode to 2 or 3 and the cars look a lot cleaner, you can also change the aspect ratio to 16:9 there so you do your picture in real 1080p resolution.
Quote from Mustafur :I did the IS-F in 8:09 (Completely stock all aids off but ABS on 1) which is 9 seconds faster then the real life time but i will admit there is a few seconds more i could of got out of that.

I think I did a 7:45 or so with it. Didn't check what tires it has. The car drove quite well for a 1600kg lump imho. Did some mistakes in that lap too losing at least 5 seconds. Also tried the lexus LFA and it was faster than the nissan gt-r. Didn't check its tires either.

The zr1 is a beast though! At times I was afraid of going flatout into turns where I earlier had gone flatout without second thoughts in the acr viper. The corvette defenately has enough power as is .

And the viper has just as crappy gearing for nordy as in real life. Watching Tom Coronel hitting the rev limiter for couple of seconds about 20 times during the youtube lap feels awfully familiar now . Especially the first half of the lap you are constantly going into corners and having second thoughts about the gear you've selected. And with such tall gearing the car doesn't want to rotate into the corner which means earlier apex and less speed through the turn. The gearing probably hurts the viper's lap time too compared to the vette.

Anyone have any idea how much is the price of the jag xj220 in the user car dealership? I'm thinking about saving a bit just in case...
Quote from Hyperactive :I think I did a 7:45 or so with it. Didn't check what tires it has. The car drove quite well for a 1600kg lump imho.

Almost identical time here 7:44.8, on default tires which is the sport hard.

It is sporty in a very heavy footed sort of way, you feel the weight is there and it's very stable, but it stills respond to turn in rather sharply.

I guess the real time is done in worse rubber, gonna try once on comfort soft.
How can I upload replays?
Some cars come with tires that are too good for it imo, like 370z and Lotus Esprit, they came with Sports Hard, and they are so much more enjoyable to drive with Comforts.

My ring times are:

Lexus LFA: 7.38.xxx (matched the real time)
Mclaren F1: 7.21.7xx (have no idea what is the official lap time)

The LFA record is with ABS-1, and Mclaren is abs-off. I'm driving everything with abs off now, so i guess i'll do the Lexus again.
I'm actually lapping Tsukuba quite allot for laptime comparisons.

Since its less friendly for high-speed cars the corners are what matters more.
7:26 in the ZR1 with some minor mistakes, that thing has some sort of hyperdrive in third gear.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I'm actually lapping Tsukuba quite allot for laptime comparisons.

Since its less friendly for high-speed cars the corners are what matters more.

I do the same because its a smaller track and you get results quicker.
not a very fair track though, it favors smaller cars like the EVO and NSXs. I use Suzuka for general testing.
Quote from JJ72 :not a very fair track though, it favors smaller cars like the EVO and NSXs. I use Suzuka for general testing.

its good for testing the agileness of a car, but after a certian limit of power its pointless.
Hi guys,

can anyone tell me what car they used to do the Pick up truck challenge?

In the used car section there is only the Midget?

Haven't found any other truck

Thanks

Pete
had a pretty good run with the 430 scuderia....only 7:28.

The more I run the more I realize how a monster the GTR is, how on earth can it be so much faster than things with more power and less weight?
Quote from JJ72 :
The more I run the more I realize how a monster the GTR is, how on earth can it be so much faster than things with more power and less weight?

It is a Ring machine isn't it, no wonder it's official medical/safety vehicle on the track..
Quote from Boris Lozac :It is a Ring machine isn't it, no wonder it's official medical/safety vehicle on the track..

yeah, but can't say I like how it drives.

Basically you brake in a stable manner, turn it in, mesh the throttle and let it work its magic, it just hooks and zoooommm there you go, however once in a while on some corner the magic doesn't work and you grab a handful of understeer. only happens 1% of the time maybe and on very specific corners.
I agree, tried that official time trophy a couple of times but i can't complete a lap due to it's wierd, way too stable behaviour..
Quote from Madman_CZ :Hi guys,

can anyone tell me what car they used to do the Pick up truck challenge?

In the used car section there is only the Midget?

Haven't found any other truck

Thanks

Pete

You win a Dodge RAM on one of the races or licenses, I just tuned this up quite a bit (as standard it's rubbish)

By the way, TVE, do you still think there is bad sense of speed? Check out this real lap with GT3 on the Ring, it looks like he's going 30mph all the time... I don't quite get it as why do real laps look this slow..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTRku4hySn0
That's because of the field of view, Boris.
The X2010 is just........ holy shit.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :You win a Dodge RAM on one of the races or licenses, I just tuned this up quite a bit (as standard it's rubbish)

Yeah u get the dodge ram 3500 for completing one set of licenses. I didn't tune any part of mine and golded the pick up event, just block the others on daytona :P
Pikes peak coming that would be NICE!!
Anyone got a Taurus SHO they don't want?, been on the look out in the UCD for an age, and not had one turn up......
Quote from JJ72 :yeah, but can't say I like how it drives.

Basically you brake in a stable manner, turn it in, mesh the throttle and let it work its magic, it just hooks and zoooommm there you go, however once in a while on some corner the magic doesn't work and you grab a handful of understeer. only happens 1% of the time maybe and on very specific corners.

I dunno, I seem to lose the rear end on the GT-R quite a lot under brakes, and that's with ABS on
See 4:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df2Z6RhP92I

The same thing is said to happen on the real car

Chrisuu01 - you need a capture card or device to upload replays
My Viper doing a stoppy On the hill it just floats away you have to go pretty slow up there.
Attached images
Nürburgring Nordschleife-1.jpg

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG