The online racing simulator
2010 - What did you achieve?
(85 posts, started )
  • I got to travel on a motorbike
  • I got reasonable life
  • I got to know some new nice persons
  • I got to ask out a few girls however some did not accept the offer and al the dates failed
  • I Got accepted for a college level(NVQ) 2 levels higher
Well, apart from sim-racing,
  • Somehow passed my exams after leaving school around February 2010.
  • Attended to the rallye of France-Alsace.
  • Got my pre-driving license(basically I'm allowed to drive with parents now, until I drive 3.000km, turn 18, and pass the full one)
  • Got back to cross-country after a 3 years break. Got back to decent standards quickly, first podium of the season like 2 weeks ago.
Can't recall of more
Plusses
  • Went to Amsterdam's Cat Museum (life long dream accomplished!).
  • Went on a roller coaster for the first, second and third time.
  • Career wise 2010 was a huge success.
  • I partied hard and developed more of a social life.
  • Met more friends.
  • Got my finances to a position where next year looks reasonable.
  • I am happy with most aspects of my life and thirsting for fresh challenges again.
Downers
  • Spent the year mostly single with too many first dates and not enough second dates.
  • Not enough sex.
  • Spent the year financially insecure.
  • Had to buy a car.
  • I like the girlfriend [in a friend context] of the ex I never completely got over, she's nice. Damned.
Options For Challenging Myself
I will probably do one of the following in 2011 to enrich my life experience.
  • Considering making a go of it in another country for a bit, i'm well travelled but i've never tried living overseas. I'm thinking Amsterdam.
  • Considering running another LFS championship
  • Considering writing a commercial computer game
  • Considering starting my own business.

#29 - aoun
Quote from Becky Rose :Plusses
  • Went to Amsterdam's Cat Museum (life long dream accomplished!).
  • Went on a roller coaster for the first, second and third time.
  • Career wise 2010 was a huge success.
  • I partied hard and developed more of a social life.
  • Met more friends.
  • I am happy with most aspects of my life and thirsting for fresh challenges again.
Downers
  • Spent the year mostly single with too many first dates and not enough second dates.
  • Not enough sex.
  • Had to buy a car.
  • I like the girlfriend [in a friend context] of the ex I never completely got over, she's nice. Damned.
  • Considering making a go of it in another country for a bit, i'm well travelled but i've never tried living overseas. I'm thinking Amsterdam.
  • Considering running another LFS championship
  • Considering writing a commercial computer game
  • Considering starting my own business.

Thats not always a bad thing.... ..or am i just being silly?
hmm...

Quote :Plusses
  • Bought an i7 to replace a HP LH4 and a Dell PE2500. Energy consumption decreased by 60%.
Downers
  • Spent the year alone because nobody ever calls me unless they want to sell me weed.
  • Spent the year single.
  • Hence, no sex.
  • Watched my job turn to shit because they like abusing ABCD's.
  • Consider writing a commercial computer game. (I should probably learn C first.)
  • Consider improving my unofficial home business.

we'll see how things pan out, but i don't think i'll stick to either of those two challenges.
#31 - Zay
Quote from MAGGOT : Goalie = funnest position to play, by far.

Yea man, fo sure. Been playing goalie for a couple years now, incredibly fun.
Wow, a year passed and I haven't done anything yet
Actaually i started thinkin and i realised i finished driving school this summer. Gotta do the exams tho.
I set up my own business and managed to keep it running without problems for nearly a year (27th Jan)
Get a girlfriend that was way outta my league
Buy myself a decent car
Get my own place
Pull my finger out and replace the broken pedals on my G25 meaning I can play LFS again

Probs more, not a bad year for me tbh.
  • Made new friends
  • Drifting my bimmer alot without crashing it
  • got my first speeding ticket
  • got a job
  • and i got a girlfriend
Way too much
Moved from a town that is going to go the way of the old coal mine towns.

That is all.
Quote from JPeace :Nice one, not many people understand just how difficult it is to start your own business and keep it running - pardon me for sounding like someone out of dragons den but was it successful?

Thanks man

It is, its still running, profiting nicely and I am totally on top of everything. Things are on the up and up and I am very much looking to what 2011 brings.
#39 - PoVo
Survived another year of waiting for the Scirocco..
Somewhat chronological order:

- started driving lessons.
- found out how it is to do work as a garbageman, it was pretty fun, but hard work.
- got a job at an amusement park.
- started to 'like' a co-worker.
- got my drivers license.
- got a positive review at the end of the season and they want my back next year.

That's about it.. Everything worth mentioning anyway
#41 - Jakg
Bought a new car

Learnt how to pimp new car (before I got the ZT I took it to a garage to change a headlight bulb ffs!)

Said goodbye to the Wira forever

Learnt how to program in Java

Conquered my irrational fear of SQL
Stayed alive for another year
Got a couple of world records in iRacing
Acquired a freaky internet stalker
Quote from The Moose :Acquired a freaky internet stalker

You lucky sausage!! I have a freaky stalker, but sadly it isn't over the internet, I can't just switch it off... She is everywhere!!! :@
I quit my pills and I'm slowly recovering. This year was wasted.
Quote from Jakg :Learnt how to pimp new car (before I got the ZT I took it to a garage to change a headlight bulb ffs!)

You have no idea how many people who drove tarted up cars came to my old garage to get a bulb changed. One of them tried it, ****ed up then came to us to sort out his problems. Which in this case he snapped off the clips the retaining pin holds onto and because he didn't want to buy a new headlight housing, I had to botch the bulb into place.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to own a toolbox. This specific chap would boast for weeks how he just installed a new turbo kit (it was a slightly breathed on STi), yet couldn't install a bulb without ****ing it up. Something tells me he lied about the turbo.
Quote from The General Lee :Thanks man

It is, its still running, profiting nicely and I am totally on top of everything. Things are on the up and up and I am very much looking to what 2011 brings.

If you ever need a Stonesoft Firewall Solution, Sonicwall IPS solution, Shoretel Phone Solution or just some general computer networking assistance...hire me mate. £18k/+ benefits. :hide:

Here Physco, read this and weep...in my (chavvy) Corsa, my friend lost one of the headlight clips so when I came to fit my HID's they wouldn't stay in...so what I did was bodge it with gaffa tape for about a month, which worked quite well actually, and then when my friend fitted non genuine Vauxhall Corsa facelift lights (the angel eyes), I jacked his clips which were too big, slightly bent them so they sort of stayed in place and wrapped the whole thing in gaffa tape!

Also I took it to Halfords to get the wiper blades changed...reason being it took me 25 minutes last time I tried, fiddly little bastards.
Quote from The General Lee :[...]
Pull my finger out and replace the broken pedals on my G25 meaning I can play LFS again
Bailed on meeting Danny and Jamie again.

Probs more, not a bad year for me tbh.

Fixed
Quote from Leifde :Fixed

FORGOT ABOUT THAT. What a bastard he was. Ah he was telling me the other day he should have a new E36 328sport so he won't have any excuse next time.

What have I done this year, maybe I should actually post on topic..

In sort of Chronological order...things I actually achieved. If I were to list the f*** ups, it would be a whole lot longer!
  • Got some IT qualifications and experience
  • Met a new girl
  • Got a good job (good opportunities..pay is only so-so and it's very hard work..)
  • Bought a brand new MY10 Triumph Street Triple R in Orange (my dream bike since it was first released in 2008)
  • Passed my driving test, finally
  • Fell in love with my still best friend (which is both really cool and awkward at the same time)
  • Actually got internet
  • Moved out of my stupid little bedsit into a proper 2 bedroom flat
Plus all of the above without resorting to alcohol at all...shows what can be done! DANNY IN THE SUMMER I'M GOING TO BRING MY BIKE UP TUT LEEDS AND VISIT YOU BY THE WAY MAN LOVE RULES? Niall can ride pillion imagine how funny he would look
Quote from S14 DRIFT :If you ever need a Stonesoft Firewall Solution, Sonicwall IPS solution, Shoretel Phone Solution or just some general computer networking assistance...hire me mate. £18k/+ benefits. :hide:

Here Physco, read this and weep...in my (chavvy) Corsa, my friend lost one of the headlight clips so when I came to fit my HID's they wouldn't stay in...so what I did was bodge it with gaffa tape for about a month, which worked quite well actually, and then when my friend fitted non genuine Vauxhall Corsa facelift lights (the angel eyes), I jacked his clips which were too big, slightly bent them so they sort of stayed in place and wrapped the whole thing in gaffa tape!

Also I took it to Halfords to get the wiper blades changed...reason being it took me 25 minutes last time I tried, fiddly little bastards.

You can't beat a botch. I need a new rear cluster (the contact patches for the brake/tail light has worn so it keeps shorting), but being a tight bastard, I applied liberal amounts of solder. Won't last forever, but will do the job for now.

Seriously? I takes no longer than 10 minutes in the snow with frozen hands to change a set of blades and that includes putting the passenger side on wrong (I always put the passenger side on wrong, not sure why but every time I've changed blades, I did the passenger side wrong), taking it off and refitting it.

You just need to image it all in a exploded view, same works when working on anything, mentally image it exploded view so you know how it works and can put it back together.
I've learned how to mastrubrate with right hand /joke, actually I can't :

2010 - What did you achieve?
(85 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG