The online racing simulator
2010 - What did you achieve?
(85 posts, started )
#1 - Zay
1. Make new friends, and get closer to my other friends.
2. Doing well in school.
3. Did well in karting.
4. Really stepped up my game in hockey(im a goalie)
5. Spent more time with family.
Those are a few, I will probably think of a few more though.
#2 - J@tko
  • I got into my first choice uni
  • I got good A-Levels
  • I got a life
  • I got some awesome new friends
  • I kissed a girl and I liked it
  • I survived first term at uni without any major catastrophes
LFS wise,
Absolutely nothing like the last couple of years.. stuck in an endless loop cause of this night shift and see no way out of it..
The same as the last 3 years. Nothing worth pointing out.
Finding a girlfriend an achievement?
  • Got a job.
  • Got a fairly large payrise in that job.
  • Finished the core part of my project at work
  • Made new friends at my job
  • Learnt a lot to do with programming (always am)
  • Learnt a lot about the working world (again, always am)
  • Bought my own car
  • Started snowboarding
  • Saw S14 DAFT again
Nothing.
Well ... absolutely nothing.
In Chronological order:
  • Had very nice relations with a girl in a cupboard
  • Did very well & got top grades in college
  • Good interview for university, very promising
  • Suddenly girl hates me
  • Didn't get into University
  • No jobs in a dead region
  • Girl still doesn't like me
  • Went through depressive emo stage
  • Got over myself
  • Wrote this post
Was loving 2010 until everything suddenly pooped on me.
I think I met someone.

That is all.
1. At the start of the year itself, I did the first ever paid project, on myself, without my uncle's company's help. http://buttonbashers.com - The movie list, on the right (It's a bit heavy, because I wasn't that good at flash programming yet. Still not, but I know the ways to do it heaps better now).

2. DONE HIGH-SCHOOL! :bannana_p

3. Started a job at my uncle's company, because I didn't get accepted for the specialty I wanted in the uni.

4. Did my first ever big flash project. (You can see it only when I'm at work, because it works from my lappy. Every Monday to Friday from 09:30(10:00, realistically, because I'm almost always late :razz to 18:00 GMT+2, here: http://studio.lemon.bg:1991/lemon/flashbooks

5. Just finished my first ever big programming(PHP + javascript(consisting of pure js, ajax and jQuery)) project. It's a german website for students, looking for a job(obviously, in germany). The owner of the website connects the two parties, and gets a commission. Live here: http://studijobagent.de ..The administration system is actually 90% of the project. What you see on the front side, is just like 10% of everything.

X. Made some new friends, got closer to others.

Y. Finally fixed my car in a way, that it is now actually safe to be driven.

Z. Made some discoveries about my personality(no, not that :razz: I like taking pictures of just about everything. And that I'm very good at coming up with super idiotic ideas for pictures, that turn out to be... idiotic(and sometimes funny). One of them was to stick out of my car's window and pretend I'm flying it. Looks pretty retarded, taking in mind that you can see the wheels, being on the ground..

B?. Yesterday(17 Dec, 2010) was my first business date. If it's called a date, haha. I met the boss or owner(not sure) of one of the biggest pizzerias in my city(name - Godzila). I loved how I was the youngest one there, and yet as the only programmer in the room, everyone needed my opinion. ^_^

I. got a lappy.

Was an awesome year for me, personally. But I hope, that I will be accepted in the Uni, that I want next year, because this is still my main priority.

And I know that it is on topic, but anyway, sorry for sharing so much personal info.
Went to Sweden Rock festival
Got a temporary job for 4 months.
Quit my phone job
remade my room
bought a TV a ps3 and some stuff for my miata
Then i got stressed depressed and unemplyoed and havent pulled out of it yet...
#13 - 5haz
-Got a driving license
-Went to Scotland
-Generally unremarkable summer
-Got a place on a degree
-Left a boring town for the sticks
-Made great new friends there
-Discovered the joys of cider
-Played ridiculous amounts of pool
-Discovered Football isn't too bad after all (but West Ham still are)
-Got a car
-Couldn't insure car
-Went back to boring town
-Got snowed in

Interesting year its been, certainly better than the last.
Quote from Zay :(im a goalie)

Noice! I still wish I didn't quit hockey in highschool... miss playing so much. Goalie = funnest position to play, by far.
- passed all my gcse's
-got a girlfriend
-split up with my girlfriend
-epic leavers prom
-epic summer
-got a kart
-met jordan2007
-got snow in wigan
All you guys saying, "got a girlfriend" make it sound like you are some kind of freaks because its an "achievement".

Anyway...

- The whole year in general. Not an achievement, but still, terrific year as a whole.
*Finally finished my Engineering apprenticeship after 4 years

*Quit my job 2 days after

*Started Uni
Quote from DevilDare :All you guys saying, "got a girlfriend" make it sound like you are some kind of freaks because its an "achievement".

Anyway...

- The whole year in general. Not an achievement, but still, terrific year as a whole.

So getting a girlfriend means nothing to you? You say that months/years of chasing down the one you love and finally getting her is NOT an achievement?
Quote from 91mason91 :So getting a girlfriend means nothing to you? You say that months/years of chasing down the one you love and finally getting her is NOT an achievement?

I really doubt any of them did "chase".
#20 - aoun
Quote from 91mason91 :So getting a girlfriend means nothing to you? You say that months/years of chasing down the one you love and finally getting her is NOT an achievement?

Yeh it is i guess, but its a kick in the balls once its over..

..coming from experience..

Finding a girl is NOT an achievement. Anyone here can find a girl, get with her, marry her, f*ck her (sorry), etc. but it takes alot to find the RIGHT girl. You have more chance curing cancer.
Hmmm let's see

* Got a GF, lost her shortly after
* Earned some savings after some hard work this year
* Got in better physical and mental condition
* Improved my guitar skills a bit, after buying me some motivation with a new guitar

I guess that is all, been a pretty lame actually.
Quote from 5haz :-Got a driving license
-Went to Scotland
-Generally unremarkable summer
-Got a place on a degree
-Left a boring town for the sticks
-Made great new friends there
-Discovered the joys of cider
-Played ridiculous amounts of pool
-Discovered Football isn't too bad after all (but West Ham still are)
-Got a car
-Couldn't insure car
-Went back to boring town
-Got snowed in

Interesting year its been, certainly better than the last.

lol
...not alot lol
Nothing on the material side.
Just improving myself after some shit i had to go through in early years, so i think i can go in the public without any shame.
Haven't found job, gf, wallet on the street, just gaining some precious experience.

But i got PRO in iRacing WOOT.
Quote from aoun :Yeh it is i guess, but its a kick in the balls once its over..

..coming from experience..

Finding a girl is NOT an achievement. Anyone here can find a girl, get with her, marry her, f*ck her (sorry), etc. but it takes alot to find the RIGHT girl. You have more chance curing cancer.

:sadbanana

2010 - What did you achieve?
(85 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG