The online racing simulator
NASCAR The Game 2011
(238 posts, started )
Urgh....

Why do they have to have that "Drafting" points/meter thing.... It looks so cartoonish and is just terrible....
Quote from DevilDare :Urgh....

Why do they have to have that "Drafting" points/meter thing.... It looks so cartoonish and is just terrible....

the HUD is fully customizable so you could take the draft points off if you wanted too.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
It sounds like a lot of fun, hope the driving physics will be fun. No need to be a SIM, but at least fun and challenging
Quote from Bose321 :In the first video the rear is damaged, and in the second video they show some pictures of cars that look damaged to me.
Can't see how this will be a selling game, can't imagine it's fun to drive circles all the time, let alone on a console.

Go troll in another thread.
Quote from Bose321 :can't imagine it's fun to drive circles all the time

I'm guessing... You don't know the typical American / American roads.. Do you? They suck balls!
Way too cartoonIsh IMO. Maybe wIthout the HUD It wIll look better though.
LOL, did they forget about restrictor plates?
New view they are experimenting with.
I don't like it, it seems too close to the dials
I found it OK
As long as it has chase veiw I am happy
-
Still be you in your cock - pit
-
If you mean your cock - pit (note that space between the words), I can survive not having that stucked all over my face
-
Oii! It's not whales, I prefer to call them big bombs of luuuve! The more the better!
(not really, but luck is not on my side)
I should have elaborated about Richard's test drive with Eutechnyx; he's working here for a little while to give us feedback on the setup adjustments present and the physics in general, plus help refine the default setups for each track. He's picked up a lot of knowledge about the sprint cup series in general from talking to drivers and engineers so is actually proving more useful that I would have expected on the technical front (which is great).

He's staying in Newcastle for the weekend too so I'll offered to take him out tomorrow night. I'll try and be a little better behaved that I was with a certain Norweigan guy on a pool table in Wales...

Also, another video interview with some more gameplay footage: http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360 ... -2011-the-game-daily-demo
Interesting, using someone who's never driven said car/s (outside of iracing) to give feedback......not sure if its a good idea, or not.

I'd imagine someone who commentates on the sport has "picked up a lot of knowledge", not sure you'd want them helping out developing something as fundemental as physics though......
I too put the same concern to him and he came up with some good reasons.

* A real driver is used to all the physical forces acting on them and, consciously or not, these are influencing how they drive. This is why it can be harder for a real driver to transition to sims than vice versa, as they are losing sensory inputs instead rather than gaining them.
* NASCAR are big on entertainment, one aspect being lots of cameras mounted on cars. You can compare what the driver is doing with the wheel and pedals compared to driving in the sim. In fact he has been quite critical of iRacing in places, which has surprised me.
* He's chatted with drivers too and can compare the techniques he's using at a track with what they do. He's also worked out the general setup of a car from watching it go round the track and confirmed this with the teams. Clearly his attention to detail is excellent.
* On the assumption that iRacing has got some aspects right, he can compare how adjusting something in that sim affects the car in a different way to our sim, and we can think about why and if we want to do anything about it.

We have tuned to the tyre slip to get the car to yaw in a way that matches telemetry data, and then he mentions the same figure for tyre slip, is very encouraging. He's honest too, if I ask a question he doesn't know, he'll outright admit so. This gives me confidence to trust what he's saying. Plus he really likes my new force feedback system which cheers me greatly, although I suppose thanks should go to Todd Wasson for conveniently explaining how it all works on this forum some time ago.

NASCAR The Game 2011
(238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG