The online racing simulator
NASCAR The Game 2011
(238 posts, started )
Looks like Burton's been driving on his roof.
Is it just me, or did they somehow make martinsville look like twice the size in that picture?
Just field of view, same with the Phoenix picture. The tracks look accurate, which is always nice to see.
Why no PC love? They even made it for wii...
Well, but it looks great. The damage shot shows us that there are some damage modell, that probally is awesome by judging the pictures.
Quote from The Very End :Why no PC love?

I did link:
Quote :
VG247: Can you explain why there’s no PC version?

Dave Thompson: The lack of retail space for PC currently means it’s tough to justify the costs of development for traditional distribution. Nevertheless, we have something up our sleeves that should satisfy the legions of dedicated PC racers – watch this space.

Quote from http://www.develop-online.net... :having 43 cars in a pack race on one track, complete with multi-car “pool ball” crashes is intense fun and even those who have never seen nascar will be challenged by the game play.

Quote from http://www.prnewswire.com... :the game also includes in-depth multiplayer modes which allow up to 16 players to battle it out for the win online.

So will the online races be padded out with a load of AI, or just be 16 cars ?
Quote from Bean0 :So will the online races be padded out with a load of AI, or just be 16 cars ?

Just 16 cars, as far as I'm aware. I think this is due to network bandwidth limitations, but we've got some people working on a new system that uses less bandwidth that should allow for many more cars. Don't know when that will be ready to see use in a game though.
Ah yes, I suppose you need it to run with a home connection acting as the host, so upload bandwidth is very limited.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Looks like Burton's been driving on his roof.

the damage model is not final, they are still working on it.
so the pc surprise is just ACR?
Why can't people do gameplay trailers, looks like codemasters made that trailer
Greg Biffle won't be happy that his car just got demolished in the trailer.
They should hire the Polphony staff to make their trailer.
they said the car won't really roll over that easy, they just did that for the trailer.
The trailer is obv not gameplay footage, so you're not seeing the actual physics running there. And while rendered, I'm told that is using the same models and textures as the game. Effects are different too; ludicrous amount of sparks not present in game.
Just seen some in-game footage and also behind the scenes stuff on the local news, it looks pretty good

Couldn't spot Bob though.
He was obviously at the pub making another beer throne.
Quote from Bean0 :Just seen some in-game footage and also behind the scenes stuff on the local news, it looks pretty good

Couldn't spot Bob though.

Oh? Are there videos of this on the internet?
Quote :Sorry, the video could not be found

:gnasher:

Thanks for the effort at least mate

Edit: Record it in a new video? (a)
Was just about to post that link. The camera did swing past my head on Monday morning but it seems I didn't make the cut.

Maybe if I'd been doing something more interesting, like testing out car handling with the G25, rather than debugging blind AI that were crashing into one another, I'd have been more interesting for the camera.

Edit: For those who can't watch, I've managed to get a firefox plugin to rip videos, but it's only giving me the damn 30 second advert at the start, not the main feature. :|
Quote from Bob Smith :Was just about to post that link. The camera did swing past my head on Monday morning but it seems I didn't make the cut.

Maybe if I'd been doing something more interesting, like testing out car handling with the G25, rather than debugging blind AI that were crashing into one another, I'd have been more interesting for the camera.

Edit: For those who can't watch, I've managed to get a firefox plugin to rip videos, but it's only giving me the damn 30 second advert at the start, not the main feature. :|

uhg.. i wanna see some gameplay :P

NASCAR The Game 2011
(238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG