The online racing simulator
How crap that you can't watch a multiplayer replay from onboard. Not even from onboard your own car?!

I'm frequently reminded of the half-baked feeling.
Quote from sinbad :How crap that you can't watch a multiplayer replay from onboard. Not even from onboard your own car?!

I'm frequently reminded of the half-baked feeling.

You cant even view onboard when you use the 'watch race' function on the multiplayer lobby.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
This thread needs more pics of skylines @ SSR7
Quote from danowat :Online "hub" is up and running > https://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/gt5/signin/

Nice, it makes managing some things like messages and photos much easier, but it's pretty lagged right now
That appears to be the Hong Kong site though

You can do quotes here for messages, but you can't in the game.

----

BTW B-Spec has better rewards, you win a brand new Zonda R in the final championship event in the 3rd hall
Need to be at level 15 to get it though. Saves you the 2+ million needed to buy it
B-Spec is great. It's been a great credit whore as I've hit on girls the past week.
any brake fade?
thats expected
Either the comfort soft tires are a bit grippy, when driving the miata, or my tires on my miata are crap. The rear end sticks in the turns, even when I turn in a bit rough. The rear just wont step out. The car, stock, on comfort hard tires, should be able to get a little sideways in third gear. The turn-in has to be pretty darn rough to get the rear to step out. Maybe the comfort tires are a step up from my tires.

Also, I raced against B.Senna.
Fark sake, just went to order the 320GB bundle and it's out of stock from amazon!!!!!!!!!! What's the difference between the collectors edition and the normal one?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Fark sake, just went to order the 320GB bundle and it's out of stock from amazon!!!!!!!!!! What's the difference between the collectors edition and the normal one?

Its the same price at play with free delivery here and its in stock. So tempted to buy it
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Fark sake, just went to order the 320GB bundle and it's out of stock from amazon!!!!!!!!!! What's the difference between the collectors edition and the normal one?

The EU Collector edition gets you 5 Chromeline car DLC codes, some posters cards, a thick Apex booklet and dynamic theme for the PS3 XMB OS thing (pretty crappy one at that)

The US version has more fruit and cost more too
http://blog.us.playstation.com ... llectors-edition-unboxed/
Quote from GAVD999 :Its the same price at play with free delivery here and its in stock. So tempted to buy it

Honestly IMO, not worth getting a PS3 just to play GT5.
That would make it one expensive game, which you may or may not like...

If you already have a PS3, then GT5 is worth getting, but it can frustrate and delight in equal amounts.
I sometimes wonder what goes through the collective minds at PD... there are some strange oversights

Then again if your a Nurburgring junkie then there is nothing that comes close
Quote from CoolColJ :Honestly IMO, not worth getting a PS3 just to play GT5.
That would make it one expensive game, which you may or may not like...

If you already have a PS3, then GT5 is worth getting, but it can frustrate and delight in equal amounts.
I sometimes I wonder what goes through the collective minds at PD... there are some strange oversights

+1
What I hate about each successive GT release is that they add some good things, but disgard half of it in the next release. GT5:Prologue had some good ideas, that evolved the GT concept from earlier games, then GT5 ditched them altogether. That's like chasing your own tail, and wasting a lot of dev and coding time.

The tuning is getting more simplified each time around. Can't set individual gear ratios anymore, nor even save setups - PS3's HD is perfect for that!
Even Prologue had 3 slots, and all the settings on one easy to read page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4TuRHGUvi8

Prologue also allowed you to adjust the steering lock, not so in GT5.

I don't get this low, mid and high rpm range turbo only upgrade system
Yes you would either have small, medium or large turbos to do this in real life, but you can also set boost pressure for each turbo type in real life too. The first GT did allow you to adjust turbo pressure :/

I miss being able to flick through each car in the replay using the D pad, now you have to select it from a menu, which is tedious.
There used to be lots of shortcuts with the pad, they're mostly gone now

Hopefully a few patches will fix all the wrongs, and add more rights.. but there are no sure fire guarantees. A lot of stuff that seemed dead certain to be in GT5 before release, are missing....
ALOT of good stuff from GT5:P went AWOL, along with those you listed, time trial leaderboards was one of them, also the "PP" system, which was good too, is missing.
I doubt they will ever go around to get it all back, the fact that they took it out mean it was a design decision, something must have gone in their head to make things this way. I Don't know if PD is the kind of game developer that changes stuff if the fans cry hard enough, but my impression it isn't the case.

Didn't feel too disappointed buying a PS3 just for this (bar few games like uncharted and, so), but then I get everything second handed and the money would've been wasted on some fancy transformer collector toys, or Rockband DLC anyway.
Watch the credits of GT5. To me it makes sense that they took this much time and only have 200+ premium cars after seeing them. It's not exactly a lot of people who worked for this game.

Personally, i believe they don't really listen to the fans. GT is like their own little perfect game (for them, obviously), i think they do whatever the hell they want with it (which isn't exactly what the players want usually).

Quote from jibber :Watch the credits of GT5. To me it makes sense that they took this much time and only have 200+ premium cars after seeing them. It's not exactly a lot of people who worked for this game.

Personally, i believe they don't really listen to the fans. GT is like their own little perfect game (for them, obviously), i think they do whatever the hell they want with it (which isn't exactly what the players want usually).

I wonder what other game that comes into peoples mind when saying that?

(insert cheesy grin here)

I didn't want to mention it, but yes, it was in my mind aswell.

You will never get your bloody rally pack!
How about we run, just for fun obviously, because there is no way of policing it, a weekly time trial competition?.

We could use a randomly selected car and track, run them stock, with comfort hard tyres and no assists.

Any interest?
Quote from danowat :How about we run, just for fun obviously, because there is no way of policing it, a weekly time trial competition?.

We could use a randomly selected car and track, run them stock, with comfort hard tyres and no assists.

Any interest?

How about an LFS Reasonably Priced Car on Top Gear Test Track?

I'm organising it with Syncro-Gaming so have rules outlined already that can be used here if need be - I can't officiate it though as I have a RACE07 championship to run over there too!

The way I've done it over there is to roll onto a standing start, do the lap (make sure it's not a red time) and take a photo with camera/mobile phone and upload it.
I was just thinking, a different combo a week, just for a bit of a laugh.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG