The online racing simulator
I have also thought about this, and think it could be damage related.

Scawen already stated somewhere that break-off wings are planned for single seaters, so we could hope that tintops would also get some parts that could fall off (bumpers, bonnet etc). This would of course mean that the models would need to be redone to show whatever is behind/under the removable parts.

It would seem rather pointless to do work on updating the current models if they are to be replaced.
Quote from Bob Smith :Scawen is known to be working hard still on tyre physics. He might not be putting in the big hours he did at the start of this project, but then why should he? It's clearly not ideal to go so long without an update, but Scawen is commited to tyres, and at least when it's updated, he hopefully won't have to go back to it for a long time.

What I find more worrying is why we couldn't of had at least content patches in the meantime. Sure Rockingham, Scirocco and other surprises have to wait, but the existing models and textures could have been polished to a shine by now. So the question is either, why couldn't they be released, or why haven't they been done? We've had nice updates to tracks and interiors before, why can't we again to tide over the community until Scawen has something for us?

i don't mean to stir the pot, but aren't you a beta tester?

Quote from Bean0 :I have also thought about this, and think it could be damage related.

Scawen already stated somewhere that break-off wings are planned for single seaters, so we could hope that tintops would also get some parts that could fall off (bumpers, bonnet etc). This would of course mean that the models would need to be redone to show whatever is behind/under the removable parts.

It would seem rather pointless to do work on updating the current models if they are to be replaced.

best theory i've seen so far.
Quote from bunder9999 :i don't mean to stir the pot, but aren't you a beta tester?

I cannot find his name in the credits.
Quote from Zen321 :
- Bundling arbitrage : I've read several times that a single-track and 2 cars (the 'Roc and the unknown car) felt not sufficient to justify the £12 for S3. As such, they may have decided to bundle the new content addition with S3 to improve the perceived deal by the prospective customers, while waiting to release upgades to the current track at the same time as S3 goes live to incease the impact of the new version.

I think that you are correct in that s3 would need more content than just rockingham and 1 more car, the vws is as previously posted by Scawen to be available to s1 and 2 users so would not be classed as part of s3.

Whatever the current situation I really cannot see the devs just giving up on LFS, I would say its more the fact that Scawen wants everything to as close to perfect as he can get it before release. Going by his last few reports/updates the detail and research that are going into the new tyre physics is extremely complicated. This is obviously going to take a massive amount of time to perfect and implement into LFS. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

It does get a little flustrating not having any updates (both patch wise and not hearing how its progressing) but that said there is still plenty of life left in LFS as it currently stands, given the current release has remained untouched for quite some time now I would still say that it's up there with the best of the other sim's.
Quote from RasmusL :Certainly.. I've never had such bad technical issues with any sim. It seems to have no support for my G25, even though I know it has. It makes the wheel shake uncontrollably when the game starts, and I cannot start the car. Yes, I tried the mouse So first it makes my G25 go insane, then the rest of the game doesn't work, and then it crashes. I've tried pretty much everything, the game just doesn't work. I say typical Italian stuff

Any other sim works. LFS, RBR, GTR Evo, rFactor. NKP does not, messed with it for about 2 hours to no avail. It's uninstalled now

NKP has the typical Italian design. Its magnificent when it works right, but otherwise it's down more than an Eastern European prostitute.
I'm sure as soon as people quit asking and bitching for new content, it shall be here before we know it.

kthx.
no. i must refer to early 2009
#34 - arco
Quote from dawesdust_12 :NKP has the typical Italian design. Its magnificent when it works right, but otherwise it's down more than an Eastern European prostitute.

How the hell do YOU know about Eastern European prostitutes? You're Canadian, eh?
I get around.
#36 - ToJo
I don't understand why everyone is nagging about the new content wich hopefully will come. LFS might not look as good as iRacing, NkPro or any other newer sim. But as far as playability, and the fact hat you can jump right into any race whenever still makes it for me the most enjoyable sim today. And I also race in both iRacing and NkPro. But then again I look more at the course and planning the next turn then looking at the scenery...
Quote from ToJo :I don't understand why everyone is nagging about the new content wich hopefully will come. LFS might not look as good as iRacing, NkPro or any other newer sim. But as far as playability, and the fact hat you can jump right into any race whenever still makes it for me the most enjoyable sim today. And I also race in both iRacing and NkPro. But then again I look more at the course and planning the next turn then looking at the scenery...

new content doesn't always mean texture updates.
Quote from Funnybear :Why release visual updates for a short term fix when you know you've got to do them all over again to accomodate new physics. Why work twice as hard goin over the same ground when once over when the new physics is done is a far more sensible option.

Why release S2 when S3'll eventually replace it? It's a theoretical/philosophical argument, that. But even speaking only on principle rather than specifics, you might have a development issue if your plan for a gradual release roadmap takes you at some point to something like two years without any release.
One thread is enough , dont you think?
Quote from RasmusL :Certainly.. I've never had such bad technical issues with any sim. It seems to have no support for my G25, even though I know it has. It makes the wheel shake uncontrollably when the game starts, and I cannot start the car. Yes, I tried the mouse So first it makes my G25 go insane, then the rest of the game doesn't work, and then it crashes. I've tried pretty much everything, the game just doesn't work. I say typical Italian stuff

Any other sim works. LFS, RBR, GTR Evo, rFactor. NKP does not, messed with it for about 2 hours to no avail. It's uninstalled now

I tried the NKP 1.2B and it was working fine right away with my G27 :/
I had some bugs a few years ago but since 1.0.3 it went well and even the RPM leds are working! The netcode in NKP is far from LFS tough. The 1.2C is already out so I guess you were not the only one with problems!

Back on topic: Devs did not leave the **** bridge. They're busy working instead of chatting here that's all.
/thread

Scawen is working for some physics, how hard is that to understand? Maybe what if I say that they simply have no time to make any posts on LFSForum? And also that it would be waste of time to post for kind of threads about where people asks "how long it would be?" "how soon it will be released?" "what problem is there?" or best one "Can I help you Scawen? I can code too!", ehh...

I have read several posts what Scawen have wrote, and people still makes same mistakes. Actually, even I do when im posting this, but maybe these forums will go pretty much with facepalm - power.

How about if we just go to play some LFS instead of asking or posting or something else trolling?"

Just my 2€ lal. --->
#42 - Uke
Quote from Skytrill :The 1.2C is already out so I guess you were not the only one with problems!.

I even autoupdated it to 1.2C as one of the things I tried. Changed nothing.
After being a fan since the beginning I'm now officially worried about LFS.

In all of these years this is the first time I've felt the need to express my worry :worried:
#45 - tpa
Quote from slamdunk :after being a fan since the beginning i'm now officially worried about lfs.

In all of these years this is the first time i've felt the need to express my worry :worried:

+1
I'm getting very curious. If the Live For Speed would be a political system, then which one it would be?
Quote from slamdunk :after being a fan since the beginning i'm now officially worried about lfs.

In all of these years this is the first time i've felt the need to express my worry :worried:

+1
The cake is a lie
Quote from CodieMorgan :The cake is a lie

There was a cake at the end, and a tasty one at that

/metaphor ended

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG