The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
Quote from anttt69 :Anyone know how to adjust steering sensitivity in RBR? My profiler is all screwed up so cant use that.

i don't use the ptofiler. use windows controller config. i keep all the settings i have for lfs and it works sweet for rbr (400°).
Afternoon all

Installed this yesterday and the RSRBR2010 mod with all updates and full car pack but i seem to be having some issue with sound, it just does not sound right in some of the cars and i am not sure what the problem is.
I get some clicking from time to time and the engine sound does not sound right on and off the throttle anybody else on here had any issue or know off any issues?

Also does anyone know good settings for steering i use a momo racing wheel and pedals many thanks Billeh

EDIT: Sound card is audigy 2
sorry bud. i'm unable to hlp you. but you might have better luck posting your question on the rbr forums.
Quote from dadge :i don't use the ptofiler. use windows controller config. i keep all the settings i have for lfs and it works sweet for rbr (400°).

Ok so i uninstalled Logi Profiler set it up in windows but where do i find the option to set the degrees of motion?
Attached images
cp.JPG
Quote from anttt69 :Ok so i uninstalled Logi Profiler set it up in windows but where do i find the option to set the degrees of motion?

i have the profiler installed but i don't run it..
to change the rotation go to the controller config window (your screen shot)the settings tab. next to the test tab.
Ah i see i think ive been down this road before. I set it up in settings but no option to save, i load up RBR no change, go back to settings & its back to default??

I cant seem to get the settings to stay.
Quote from anttt69 :Ah i see i think ive been down this road before. I set it up in settings but no option to save, i load up RBR no change, go back to settings & its back to default??

I cant seem to get the settings to stay.

i think you have to run rbtsr and launch the game through that. then change your options in the game and save.
i think you have to save the profile for it to keep the settings. overwrite the current profile.
double post!

if you can, read over the instal instructions for rbrsr. i'm nearly certain there was a proceedure you had to follow to be able to change your settings.
Is it possible to use the rsrbr cars without installing rsrbr? By that I mean do the new RSRBR 2010 car packs auto-install or they just extract?
I'd guess not after reading the install instructions, reads to me that you need the RSRBR mod before you can use the car packs.

* Installation

Please uninstall RSRBR 2009 AND the game Richard Burns Rally if you've already installed.

o Install the Richard Burns Rally game and create a MULLIGATAWNY* profile (or replace the plug profile that you've saved before)
o Please download the file RSRBR 2010 Edition HERE
o Double-click the file Install_RSRBR_2010.exe to start running
o Choose your language

[Cliquez pour agrandir]
[Cliquez pour agrandir]

o Follow the instructions and remember to check the path to your original game
+ installation may take some time, please wait
+ dll files can open windows error: click IGNORE (These dll files are present on your computer)
+ If you have Vista or Windows 7, please follow this tutorial: Installation sous Vista/Windows 7
o Your RSRBR 2010 installation is complete

[Cliquez pour agrandir]
[Cliquez pour agrandir]

o Download car pack(s) HERE

[Cliquez pour agrandir]
[Cliquez pour agrandir]

+ Follow the tutorial proposed HERE

o Download or updates available HERE taking care to read how to install them. Download all the updates required (marked in the title of the update) and install them in order taking care to check your car packs, or by installing the "complete pack" of cars at the end of the last update.

Be careful, you can get an update and involve a pack of cars. This is not mandatory unless you have already installed.

Example: Update 01 + Car Pack AWRC09 to be updated. Go to the "Updates RSRBR 2010" part and then, in the "RSRBR 2010 Car Packs" part retrieve the pack of cars in the update. All you need it's to install its.

* Launch Game

Upon installation, the file created 2 icons on your desktop:

Image RSCenter: launch direct interface
Image Lanceur d'Add'on: Several choices are available to start.

1. Image Setup Manager
2. Image Skin Manager
3. Image PaceNote Manager (not provided for download on the forum)
4. Image 3D Manager
5. Image Send Replay
6. Image Send Time
7. Image RSCenter

Double-click the icon RSCenter to launch the interface (Click once if you do from Lanceur d'Add'on). Please enter your settings. Choose Mod, Pack (one or ones you've downloaded previously), Country, Tracks ... and GO !!

[Cliquez pour agrandir]

Tutorial installation packages: CLICK HERE
Tutorial for using RSCenter: CLICK HERE

Good game!

Rallyesim Team

(*) MULLIGATAWNY profile: this player name can unlock ALL cars and ALL tracks of the game for playing on RSCenter (RSRBR), it is ESSENTIAL, even if you already have your own profile. The absence of this profile in your game is a likely cause of non-functioning one. ATTENTION: must create the profile through the original game "Richard Burns Rally_SSE.exe" and not by RSCenter.
Remember to select it in the RSCenter setting.
Hmm... would anyone who has the cars isntalled be willing to pack up a couple of them (with the physics files) and upload them for me so I can attempt to install manually? I can give a small list of the ones I'm after.
Manaed to get the sound working alot better after updating a couple things but now the only cars that sound wrong are the group b monsters .
I am running RSRBR in a league at Race Department at the moment in a group N impreza, epic fun in all aspects
Ugh... I'm getting a lot of crashing in RBR now. If I manually quit a stage (in quick rally) it crashes, after completing a stage in championship it crashes during loading of the service park, I can't progress to the second rally in the championship because it just crashes every time....

Is there any sort of crash log in RBR? I can't figure out what the problem is. Shouldn't be the cars I have installed, since I can drive them just fine...
I always got lots of crashes in RBR, usually between stages. Long before I started installing mods and add-ons. I think it's fairly flimsy.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I always got lots of crashes in RBR, usually between stages. Long before I started installing mods and add-ons. I think it's fairly flimsy.

I recall it crashing after watching replays for a little while after I installed it originally, but then that stopped. I've recently re-installed it, though (due to uninstalling a mod breaking it) and this crashing is getting ridiculous.

Found the 'CRASHDUMP.TXT' file. It says this:

exceptionhandler called( MYSTIQUE_2010 11 18-20 40 54.dmp )!!

Hooray criptic notices! I just wanna rally
have you made sure you're fully patched up? i've never had these issues.
1.02 is the latest. Only 2 patches, right?
i think so. the version i bought was one of those "best sellers" collections. it came already up to date.
I've got the 'Sold Out Software' version
Quote from MAGGOT :I've got the 'Sold Out Software' version

thats what i have, i am getting the same as u but not so often it seems. i just save right away after each stage so if it does crash i can still progress.
Quote from BenjiMC :thats what i have, i am getting the same as u but not so often it seems. i just save right away after each stage so if it does crash i can still progress.

I was doing the same, but it seems the second time it loads up the rally hq it crashes, no matter what, which means that I can't progress to the next rally (as it loads rally hq to show the podium of the first rally, then loads rally hq again for the japan rally, upon which it crashes).

I seemed to have improved the situation a little.. it still crashes, but not as often and I was finally able to progress to the next rally. I disabled EAX in the game config and things seem a lot smoother.
Quote from MAGGOT :

1) Do you have any kind of addon tracks/cars installed ?
2) Have you tried re-installing ?
Quote from TypeRacing :1) Do you have any kind of addon tracks/cars installed ?
2) Have you tried re-installing ?

3 Cars, 06 and 08 Subarus and 06 Focus. It was crashing before that, though, and I have done a re-install. I've been reading lately, though, that the game has been fairly unstable for some.

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG