The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Presumably to fix the issue with stats updates. I think I broke the system yesterday by winning a race. The stats weren't built to handle that condition.
Quote from adamlfs :Yeah there is no doubt that its a brilliant track and the only other game/sim i've driven it in was Forza and iRacing's version is a massive step up.

I've watched ya crazy WR lap there moose and like you said it's always T1 and the final turn that catch me out. I just can't react to the car when it's gonna jump and slide.

Just a final question from me :P What rotation would you said is the best? im using 720. And a force setting of about 12-16 in game.

I'm 900 rotation and set the logitech profiler to 107% ffb. ingame I'm at between 20 and 50% car depending...
Quote from adamlfs :
Just a final question from me :P What rotation would you said is the best? im using 720. And a force setting of about 12-16 in game.

Every car except the Lotus I run at 900 in game/in windows which lets iRacing sort it out (I don't care about a "hard stop" if you've hit the hard stop you've crashed )

FFB in the Radical around 8, though I'm using a DFGT.. The G25/27 FFB seems a bit weak in comparison so your setting of 12 might be fine if that's the wheel you have (you can feel the tyres and more subtle forces a lot better with lower FFB settings, go to high and it all gets clipped out)

StableX is obviously more interested in having a workout than feeling what his car is doing
that was fun.

Hosted MX5 at Lime Rock (LOTA).

Yeah, very clean and fun racing. We actually went 3 wide on Limerock and lived!
There was no T1 wreck.
Well, I wrecked myself in T1 if that counts. :P
Picked up a new video card and finally got in a proper try (was set to buy a GTX 460 on sale but just before stepping into the store I found a 9800GT that was on an even bigger sale).

Initially had massive massive massive stuttering issues even though I was getting a solid 80 fps or so (apparently this is common). Played around with the settings semi-randomly and now it runs smoothly.

The MX5 is not slidey like the Solstice.
Yeah the solstice feels like a boat in comparison. Wonder why since it's not exactly a Cadillac xD
Quote from The Moose :

StableX is obviously more interested in having a workout than feeling what his car is doing

wimp
Quote from StableX :wimp

lol

Seriously...how the hell you can drive like that I just don't know. I just tried it with the FFB at 30 in sim and it feels bloody awful. There's a complete lack of any meaningful information in the FFB when its that high. You must drive by visual and sound cues only as you certainly dont get any help from the wheel like that.

No wonder you're so slow
The fixed setup on the RHD mazda is way too tight. I did some hosted session last week at mosport and really free'd the thing up. Now I feel like I can't turn
Ovals... Dunno, it might be ok on higher licensed servers. Last week I gave it a go again and tried the Indy @ Charlotte. Needless to say it was horrible, the walls are like magnet, then I steered way too much and then changed direction too fast, ended up like this. So yeah, no ovals for a while.

Quote from spanks :The fixed setup on the RHD mazda is way too tight. I did some hosted session last week at mosport and really free'd the thing up. Now I feel like I can't turn

It definitely understeers a lot. The first few laps it's not bad, but about 10 laps in (at LRP) it gets pretty understeery, then seems to free up later on though.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It definitely understeers a lot. The first few laps it's not bad, but about 10 laps in (at LRP) it gets pretty understeery, then seems to free up later on though.

If its anything like how the tyres on the solstice react, then you have to change your driving style to look after the front tyres.. Which in the solstice was, get off the throttle and really throw the car in, and maximise exit. Obviously I don't know if that will work with the mx5, since I haven't driven it.. But there's an idea for you
I don't find it to be that bad, I can manage it but I was pretty decent in the Solstice as well.

We'll see over time if my love for the MX5 stays. So far I like it, but I liked the Solstice as well.
Haha, running solo at Talladega is one of the most boring things imaginable.
carburetor cup is briliant ! i came secon with a time dif of 0.007
Quote from UncleBenny :Haha, running solo at Talladega is one of the most boring things imaginable.

Talladega is a nice track just to drive around anyway, having seen all of the cheesy movies. Still can't get over how crazy the banking is!
Having seen high banked tracks in person, racing them on a computer game still doesn't do them justice at all. Those turns at Talladega are literally 4 stories high.
Quote from UncleBenny :Having seen high banked tracks in person, racing them on a computer game still doesn't do them justice at all. Those turns at Talladega are literally 4 stories high.

+1. I've been to Daytona and Talladega, and got to stand on the apron in the corner at Daytona. Nothing can compare, its just awesome.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG