The online racing simulator
Probably not The Hurt Locker. Thought it was pretty crap TBH.

What? You'd rather diffuse bombs in a war-torn hellhole than hang out with Liv Tyler? This movie was highly unrealistic...
Just recommending paper man again

Very nice film
Leaves of Grass.
Proof.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Probably not The Hurt Locker. Thought it was pretty crap TBH.

What? You'd rather diffuse bombs in a war-torn hellhole than hang out with Liv Tyler? This movie was highly unrealistic...

lol, that wasn't Liv Tyler, it was Kate from lost. Everyone knows she's hella worthless and annoying.
Quote :lol, that wasn't Liv Tyler, it was Kate from lost.

OMG you're right! Haha. Well, that explains things then!
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :Just recommending paper man again

Very nice film

Twice recommended...I'll give it a try...Triangle was a good unknown and
I always wanted to see a remake of.."Day of the Triffards" and some fool made it a series.

Go Miners!
Wings of Desire: 9/10, Columbo was great in this
Let Me In: 7/10, not as good as the original, but pretty damn good
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Think i'll watch this one latter on this month

Jackboots On Whitehall (Think a British version of Team America set in the 1940's)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm liking the look of that.... good find sir.

On the funny fims vibe...

Super Troopers
"The book of Eli"

Found it really good with an amazing twist!!
Quote from aoun :"The book of Eli"

bah jesus propaganda
Jackass 3d omg it's funny and nasty!
Never Let Me Go (8/10): About the best that could have been done in a 2 hour movie, given the source material. Not as good as the book, but little is.
i really enjoyed the social network
even with the dubbing which presumably made some scenes less interesting than they could have been
Has anyone seen "Monster" yet? Apparently its the way Cloverfield SHOULD have been and it's getting rave reviews left and right. Basically the "Paranormal Activity" of Monster movies since it's on a $5,000 budget.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Has anyone seen "Monster" yet? Apparently its the way Cloverfield SHOULD have been and it's getting rave reviews left and right. Basically the "Paranormal Activity" of Monster movies since it's on a $5,000 budget.

Its good, but a little bit slow, doesn't really go anywhere, and the ending is a bit odd.

Its basically a film about racial oppression.

Bit of a marmite film I think, but I enjoyed it, the chemistry between the 2 leads was good.
Quote from aoun :"The book of Eli"

There was a twist?

Nothing personal fella, but if you didn't see that "twist" coming you must have had you brain removed

The book of Eli was the worst film I've seen this year.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Has anyone seen "Monster" yet? Apparently its the way Cloverfield SHOULD have been and it's getting rave reviews left and right. Basically the "Paranormal Activity" of Monster movies since it's on a $5,000 budget.

seen it, but... 6/10 for me

but what would i recommend is
scott pilgrim vs the world
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446029/

excellent mix of...everything? well its 7/10 for me, but totally worth watching, liked the idea very much but the story is a bit shallow

I liked most of the elements of the movie. The camerawork, editing, audio, world setting and effects were very very well done and very realistic in their portrayal.

However I didn't like the method of storytelling, especially the drawn out "meaningful" music video segments with the leads "sharing moments" and the lead characters didn't interest me in the least, in fact about 1/4 of the movie in I was hoping they'd just die and have the camera wander around showing the disaster zone instead.

Quote from majod :Just finished miniseries Riget (The Kingdom)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108906/
and II
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0127392/

10/10 + 9/10...a must-see horror series, amazing scary stuff... + brilliant humour...

Those sound interesting - I've been digging around for some decent horror stuff recently. I've found this site to be an a pretty dependable "guide" for such.
Watched Kick-Ass last night, should've seen it earlier, it's freakin awesome

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG