The online racing simulator
#751 - CSF
Quote from g7usl :Your explanation although sensible does tend to rather miss the point

Paying customers have a right to complain. What makes things worse though is the fact that 'Franky aka Dean' can't be bothered to come here to actually explain the reasons for the downtime and to give us some idea as to how long to expect this to continue. This lack of communication only leads to further dissapointment.
If he is interested in continuing his business he should come here and explain, at the very least, he alone owes us this.

Of course you are correct, but there are ways to go about things.
Quote from g7usl : the fact that 'Franky aka Dean' can't be bothered to come here to actually explain the reasons for the downtime and to give us some idea as to how long to expect this to continue.

fact? have you been speaking to franky? did he say he can't be bothered to give an explination? while you were speaking to franky, did you ask him what the problem was? maybe a death in his family have kept him away from 500servers. maybe he injured himself and has been in hospital. maybe his pc shat itself and he has no way to get online and resolve the issue. maybe he's depressed and working on 500servers might not help him come round. maybe 16 hour days have taken their tole on him and he is finding it difficult to make the time for 500 servers.
so yeah, i'd like to see proof of this fact you talk about.
While any of that could have happened dadge, you're missing the point. This is business, and his business has responsibilities. If personal life is interviening, as it sometimes does, he just needs someone who can cover his back during such times. Unless he wishes his business to get a negative reputation.
for sure, i agree. but when people spout nothing but non-sense and claim it to be fact, then there's a problem. i have said to franky to show me the ropes so i can cover for him when he's unavailable but it was only really mentioned in passing. we have yet to have a full conversation about the matter.
i completely understand where everyone is coming from and i am willing to offer my help. this has been the first time in the 8 years i have known franky where i am unable to get intouch with him.

yes this is not a good time for 500servers but again, in all the time i have known franky, this is the first time that an issues has been unresolved straight away.
i just hope he's ok and that 500servers recovers asap.
Redline Racing are back up
Redline racing servers are back up. Hopefully it's fixed.
Well now the site (500servers) is up again, so i'm guessing its sorted for the moment.. Good job Franky! =)
Ahh...champion... great news.

See guys panic over... Now my favourite servers are back online I can race in the knowledge that all the wreckers and idiots I've had to tollerate today wont be bothering me again.
gandlers, you dont undersand. We pay GOOD money for these servers and they have crashed for ATLEAST a total of 30 days this year. Thats a whole month
Quote from Bmxtwins :gandlers, you dont undersand. We pay GOOD money for these servers and they have crashed for ATLEAST a total of 30 days this year. Thats a whole month

Then ask them to make a new policy? "If the servers go down for a totalt of 30 days or more per year, u get a free month" or something totaly stupid like that ^^
IMO

People would prefer for the servers to have no downtime, rather than a free month.

This is the reason they stuck with Franky, when the cheaper server suppliers appeared, and then vanished agian,

Like the previous poster said, maybe Franky should show him the ropes, help him out a bit, whilst he his doing 16hr days.

Until you have ran your own hosting company, you don`t realise how time consuming it can be,

Good work Franky
Quote from Mikjen :IMO

People would prefer for the servers to have no downtime, rather than a free month.

This is the reason they stuck with Franky, when the cheaper server suppliers appeared, and then vanished agian,

Like the previous poster said, maybe Franky should show him the ropes, help him out a bit, whilst he his doing 16hr days.

Until you have ran your own hosting company, you don`t realise how time consuming it can be,

Good work Franky

You're totally right about what you said,
but still, its not like there is just 10 servers that he has to check up on.

And as the whole 500servers.com went down, im pretty sure it was their ISP or something that went crazy..
Quote from Koa128 :We are entering October, any update with the USA server service guys?

We should be starting this month, I have no other information other than that right now,

Quote from Mustangman759 :well the servers have been laggy lately. no cpanel so we couldnt set insim for race. Were trying to add .
http://www.500servers.com/foru ... ntrol-panel-maintainence/
4-8 hours ok understandable but its been like 2 days

I'm curious as to wether this is connected with this weekends outage at all. Do you know when the lag first started.. and is it continuing now?

Quote from Bmxtwins :Well I am not particularly happy lately, lots of time outs and lag which is unacceptable IMO. I love the service dean provides but hes falling behind atm.

As above, If you can throw some more information at me about the lag (including a tracert to one of the server IP's if you can please) that would be appreciated and i will look into it,

Quote from boothy :We had 44 people on the GTAL server without problems...

Interesting... May i ask what IP the GTAL server is currently running on please.

Quote from Bmxtwins :Dean I'm having trouble getting airio connecting to my server, can you help?

Yes, Of course, If you can open a support ticket on the CP i will look at it for you (if you have already opened one, i will get to it shortly as i will be working my way through the ticket system after this post)

Quote from dadge :dean is currently doing 16 hour days at his new job. i will send him a text to see if he can look into it during a break.

If you include travelling it was actually closer to 19 hours, leaving me litterally time to collapse on the bed, sleep for 4 hours, wake up and have a quick wash, then repeat the day.

Quote from Bmxtwins :Dean I demand you become super-man and never get tired so you can work at night too!

Consider it done!. (or not.... The work times are coming down to more "realistic" hours now, so hopefully the superman saga won't be needed).

Quote from AcesHigh :My server is so laggy its hard to play...

As requested from some of the above, If you can send over any more information it would be appreciated, Such as when you first spotted the lag and if you can provide a tracert (if the lag is still present) to one of our server ip's , that would be appreciated.

Quote from 91mason91 :Why doesn't dean get volunteers to help him with the support side?

Dadge has mentioned he is around to assist and offered to help. I will be showing him the ropes and begin using and abusing him shortly. He will be more of a technical assistant with me, rather than somebody who will babysit support requests. (although im sure he will pick up that ball in some cases).

Quote from rpm-powered :anyone tell me how put my insim on 500servers? cant upload folder

If you have not already followed the advice of others and opend a support ticket at 500control.co.uk with the zip file attached, please do so and i will get to it shortly.

Quote from Drift King CZ :We were drifting at AU1 with 512 objects layouts yesterday... firstly at the CoRe server, but it was kinda stuttering, lagging ... like not high ping, but there was a small LFS freeze every 5 seconds or so for everyone in the server. So we went to TEM server and the same thing was happening ... so I started my own server and everything was ok :/.

As further above, any further information would be much appreciated.

Quote from Bob Smith :As of today, my cPanel interface is telling me

Really need to get in and configure a few things today!

The Cpanel Licensing issue is still happening, I have put in a ticket with Cpanel who normally respond and resolve in 12-24 business hours (so, mondays - fridays)

Quote from Bmxtwins :aggrevated. Anyone got a company that can match 500servers at 50% of their price for a year as that is what i pay atm

There are several providers who also advertise on this forum, I'm sure somebody would be able to help you out, Sorry you feel this way.

Quote from Töki (HUN) :It's impossible to practise on our servers, the stuttering in every 5 seconds is annoying. Reinit didn't solve the problem, other servers are fine.

As further above, Any further information would be much appreciated. Thanks

Quote from Mustangman759 :hey dean seems everything went down including webspace?

Everything is now back online.

Quote from Bmxtwins :TeamSpeak just crashed. :/ xcite said theres did as well

Quote from jasonmatthews :Our teamspeak died also just now.

The TS Service is now back online, But please note Teamspeak is not officially supported by 500servers and is not something that is included with your server(s). The TS Servers are provided out of good will by the ATC Team who have allowed their TS service and license to be used by those who request it from me.

Quote from gandlers :Yes, all of the 500servers network appears to be down. This includes customer Webhosting, their own website and all of the game servers.

500control.co.uk still works as it appears to be on a different network and uses different name servers.

Now you can bitch and gripe about this, but you get what you pay for. If you want a service that will never experience problems you need to get real. The internet is built on hardware and bandwidth that is both very expensive and will sometimes go faulty. Equipment and connections can and will develop faults, to build a network that is fully resilient requires at least twice the hardware and bandwidth. This means that to do this the network will be twice as expensive and cost twice as much to run and maintain. In order to sustain this business someone has to pay for the extra hardware and interenet bandwidth, that will be us the customers. The cost of server rental will be significantly higher, then you will bitch about price...

Im sure it is well known within 500servers that there is something major causing network wide problems, they are more than likely dealing with it, but as it happened at the weekend, there will be fewer people available to work on resolving this, and they may not even be able to get replacement hardware until Monday.

Yeah this isnt great, my website has been down since yesterday tea time, the LFS servers I have admin rights on are all down and I am forced to use other server full of halfwits and crashers.

Posting the same messages over and over moaning that stuff being down and it is unacceptable isnt helping and will do nothing to expedite the resolution of this problem.

Thank you for your support and the attempt at explaining the possible situation.

Quote from Velocity. :Agree with you but some sort of announcement (from 500 servers) regarding the situation would go along way And thats why people start to bitch about it. And rightly so imo

had i have been able to do so, an announcement would have been made. (as expected)

Quote from g7usl :Your explanation although sensible does tend to rather miss the point

Paying customers have a right to complain. What makes things worse though is the fact that 'Franky aka Dean' can't be bothered to come here to actually explain the reasons for the downtime and to give us some idea as to how long to expect this to continue. This lack of communication only leads to further dissapointment.
If he is interested in continuing his business he should come here and explain, at the very least, he alone owes us this.

Of course you have the right to complain, but please do not pass out personal judgement as "Fact". The lack of information had nothing to do with not being bothered as you will find out further on in this post.

Quote from Bmxtwins :gandlers, you dont undersand. We pay GOOD money for these servers and they have crashed for ATLEAST a total of 30 days this year. Thats a whole month

30 Days? I do not know where this number has come from, There have been 5 Major outages this year, the longest being 3 Days long. Of course this is still not an acceptable number, but i just prefer to have the facts straight.

so.... Whats going on??? you are all asking!

In September i was offered a new job as a computer technician, Between 12th September and 6th October i have been doing 14 - 16 hour days (+ Travel) whilst training. The training has now completed i am happy to say,

However, On Thursday evening my father had a heart attack and was taken to hospital . As he lives in Norfolk i had to travel up there to see him.
(he is stable now but is being kept in until at least Wednesday... FYI i will likely be going back to norfolk for a couple of days then)I stayed until this morning when i started my journey home, Unfortunately i did not know about the servers having issues untill i borrowed another passengers charger (i forgot mine) and got some battery life in my phone, which is when i got dadges text about the servers being down and decided to divert to the datacenter (just meant having to deal with more rail replacement buses).

The actual issue was to do with the Cisco Router. Im not a cisco certified engineer so i just got one of the on-site tech's to have a look at it for me. Its now working and my regular network guy will be taking a look at it for me on tuesday to see what actually caused the issue.

My Long days are now down to 1 day scheduled per week (currently changes each week but will soon be sorted) so i will have some more time to get things back on track and to train dadge up.

On a plus note, More work means more money available for me to invest into the 500servers systems for the future. So upgrades will be coming by our 5th annerversary (which is december this year).

Hope that clears things up for you guys.
#763 - CSF
Mmmmmmmm yes sleep time Dean.
Quote from franky500 :Interesting... May i ask what IP the GTAL server is currently running on please.

81.19.209.205 - off at the moment, as we were on a backup and named it the same for ease of driver use.
Sorry to hear about your father, hope he gets well soon.
Thanks Deko,

Thanks Gandlers, Me too. I appreciate that my family affairs dont have any meaning to people here, But i decided to let you all know so that you can at least understand whats going on recently.
Thanks for the update Dean, and hope your father gets well soon
I do hope your father recovers quickly Franky and please accept my apologies for 'sounding off'? Health issues are always important, Thank you for repairing the servers, it's much appreciated.
Hahah dean at the last post I was being rather exagerative. Anyways will send a support ticket with IP of server (with info) etc.

Good luck with work and family Dean. And now that you have given us an update, I forgive you
Well I decided not to post here, because as I recognized that some servers and websites were down, I already saw enough posts about that issue here.

And - as usual - things got sorted as soon as possible.

Best wishes for your father and you from our whole team!

Next time I suggest to sort out your more important private things first that heading to the first computer you can get a hand on to sort out your business things...
Quote from franky500 :The Cpanel Licensing issue is still happening, I have put in a ticket with Cpanel who normally respond and resolve in 12-24 business hours (so, mondays - fridays)

Thanks for the heads up.
thanks for the heads up franky...

best regards
thanks dean, hope your dad is well. and good luck with your new job aswell
"Could not connect to the master monitor."
This thread is closed

500servers.com Support Thread
(2865 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG