The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from anttt69 :I really thought they wanted to be seen as the best & only accurate training tool for racing drivers in the U.S. but seeing them take 3 years to bring an update falls way short of that. They are making themselves out to be something they are not.

Quote from SidiousX :I'll give you a hint, it starts with an L, and ends with a ive For Speed.

I don't see anything in that quote that could be said for LFS.
Quote from zeugnimod :I don't see anything in that quote that could be said for LFS.

Well if you take the "best racing tool" and "US market" into account, then yeah it falls short. If you talk about the delay, then of course it matches LFS perfectly.
The part where he says it takes 3 years to bring an update is LFS spot on
That's debatable.
Quote from ldriver :The part where he says it takes 3 years to bring an update is LFS spot on

That's what I was going for.
Southpark & Nascar
UK can't see that
Anyone running a shift macro? Is it done in the profiler or with an outside program? I have a g25 btw.

The new transmission model has really hurt my desire to run iracing. I figure I might as well try a macro and see what the difference is.
Very fast lap. Well done
That's insane.

That car is such a deathtrap.

How much wheel lock do you use? If you're using 1:1 rotation that was some crazy sawing at the wheel there!
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :How much wheel lock do you use? If you're using 1:1 rotation that was some crazy sawing at the wheel there!

Using 900 in windows and in game.

It's so crazily bumpy there I was having to do a shedload of counter-steering, and of course with the tire model as it is the only way to go fast is to drive it like Richard Burns rally

In replays it does always seem to look like your doing a lot more work with the wheel than it feels like you are in reality
Is it possible to control the cars with the mouse, like in LFS? If so, I was thinking about giving it a try.

The biggest thing that scares me, though, is the price.
No mouse control in iRacing.

It does support joypads i believe, but really a wheel is the only way to go.
Thanks, mate. I need to get a wheel anyhow, I might give this a try in jan or feb.
There's usually a rockin promotion near Christmas, might want to keep an eye out for that.
Quote from Alles :Old news Stuart :P Nice video tho

Regards, Ales

Hehe, old news indeed I was just deleting a load of replays and spotted a few that i thought I'd keep and stick on youtube.

Brands Hatch week coming up... lets see if we can get near that record EDIT: Scrap that..I just saw the record time..not a hope in hell of getting that one

See you on track mate.
HAHA ye i totaly agree. Martin did an incredible lap time... Hes just alien thats the only thing that comes to my mind tho

CU on track.

Looks pretty nice in my opinion
Quote from Alles :HAHA ye i totaly agree. Martin did an incredible lap time... Hes just alien thats the only thing that comes to my mind tho

Hmm, I'm only 2/10th's off his time and have an optimal 2/10ths better than his lap...... It's on!

@aroX123 yup, looking good. Should be a fun little car
@arox123 looks nice to be honest, although not completed yet in its iRacing tv segment it looked to be about 2-3 seconds faster a lap that the slowstice and about .5-2 seconds slower than the SRF per lap.... an adequate middle car for the rookies by all means.
Too bad the solstice is a brilliant car to drive
I have a question guys, you let off the throttle while changing gears or you do flat shift (like in LFS)?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG