The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :It's freakin annoying that we never know what exactly are we looking at, standard or pro physics.. That night racing on Le Mans looks too 'clean' and 'static' for my taste..

Seeing how easily he took on the AI with subpar driving I'm betting on Begineer or Intermediate mode here
The AI was pretty tough at Gamescom in Pro mode - AI is set at the hardest level in this mode.

Le Mans is pretty bumpy though, just didn't seem to show it on the video, but it is extremely bumpy at speed, the FFB will shake you to bits
as it should be then going down the old straight pre chicane days
If you watch the bit here where the old race cars are driving on Le Mans, the trackside appears quite bare compared to the other versions we've seen.
It's probably the older variant.

at 0:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS9GCcBX8tQ
i dont think tha was lemans was it.

looked more like laguna seca
It is le mans, I recognise that long straight
Quote from R3DMAN :i dont think tha was lemans was it.

What are you blind the track side board even says 24 Hueres du mans.
1st gif looks like real life almost.

Quote from R3DMAN :i dont think tha was lemans was it.

Do you even know what laguna seca is!? that looks nothing like it.
Theres something iffy about the night lighting, cars are getting lit somehow when there are no lights present.

But other than that, looks pretty spiffing, can't be sure if the VW camper race is cool or really, really sad!!
Quote from danowat :Theres something iffy about the night lighting, cars are getting lit somehow when there are no lights present.

What about lamp posts, there gotta be some lamp posts on the track..
Yup plenty of lights around
Quote from Boris Lozac :What about lamp posts, there gotta be some lamp posts on the track..

The light doesnt seem directional though? As though the whole car is illuminated in a dalylight glow, there are no dark areas. Also, track looks pretty bright to say its night, too. Maybe its another early build. I hope so, atleast...
I don't know, don't really care though... night and rain are just a gimmick to me, no matter how good it's done. Meaning i'll be driving on 'classic' conditions most of the time
Well this is going to be a expensive game for me, New system plus game.

Hope the package deals are good.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :When you see the prices I can imagine you saying thishttp://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

More or less, temped to get a preowned 80gig but by the time I'd rip the hd out for a bigger one it would be cheaper to get it new.

Either way I'm still bying it
Quote from burn4u :Well this is going to be a expensive game for me, New system plus game.

Hope the package deals are good.

maybe new monitor too for 3D
They need to remake the GT1 introduction with GT5, mmmm
Quote from danowat :Theres something iffy about the night lighting, cars are getting lit somehow when there are no lights present.

But other than that, looks pretty spiffing, can't be sure if the VW camper race is cool or really, really sad!!

There are spot lights on the track at regular intervals at night, but it can get pretty dark in places, like on the long straights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJXEBpsDi_w
BTW I think the Karts in GT5 should sound like the car in the above vid
Quote from Boris Lozac :I don't know, don't really care though... night and rain are just a gimmick to me, no matter how good it's done. Meaning i'll be driving on 'classic' conditions most of the time

For me the wet weather will add lifespan to my interest in every circuit- less so the night time.
I'm confident it will look good anyway, SSroute5 looks pretty good in GT3 even now, and they did a decent job of the wet SSroute5 too.
Interesting...

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG