The online racing simulator
Quote from War :I smell a demo guy talking smart things. Wait, that can't be true

And what did you find......Demodetector boy? OMG this forum is start to piss me off.......
Quote from SouvlakiTheBest :And what did you find......Demodetector boy? OMG this forum is start to piss me off.......

I totally agree. Demo racers are discriminated here, that simply makes Demo racers piss off, and make them less interest to buy LFS. I am playing on demo sometimes, it is bad to be demo racer? Demo Racers got more oil in their heads (in positive) (quote), than S2 guys?, who are spamming about patch, that WILL come out, and make a joke on a devs, only because they must "wait long" for a patch. IF LFS IS NOT ATRACTIVE SO WHY YOU ARE POSTING HERE OR PLAYING IT? Go play something else, and respect devs work to make this game better.. Crist this forum is really pissing me of too.

Demo Racers are not worse than anyone in here. They have their rights, and if they have their word about situation, they can post it. We are living in a free world and we can say what we want right? Right!

Be patient... Patch will come.

AND WHERE'S ADMIN/MODERATOR? Close this thread to stop this circus. Or Scawen pls do it... Just close this until the patch/new worth know information come.
The reason why this thread is kept alive is because it prevent other topics to be made about the same thing. If one topic can contain the spam of 10 others - just kept in one place, then why not do that? Looks better overal on the forum
The forum would look better with a test patch section
Quote from ldriver :The forum would look better with a test patch section

Quote from teh truth.
I never said that I am no better than the others, in fact I often like to poin out that I'm one of the less usefull persons on this forum

Sure, why even reply to this topic when I should have done something else? Who knows. I like to talk, discuss and and chit-chat with people in the LFS community, about LFS, the life and everything in between.

Usefull - no, harmfull - you deside.

Edit: How I see posts made by users in this topix?
Quote from Amynue :In perfect world Scawen, Eric and Victor would be at the top of the list.
But in the first place we would be already playing with 0.6D patch, waiting for the 0.6E patch, which would be the rallypack one.

ZOMG! Rallyplaxz?!?
Quote from zeugnimod :15

15 posts are still 15 if they differ from each other in some way.
Since this hasn't happened so far and the only thing i could read was "i do whatever i want and bla bla bla" i would consider Scawen as thou he hasn't still said anything about the development of the new stuff.
He says they're working on stuff but not only he's the only one to rarely appear among mortals when there should be two other developers at work, he's not able to give us an estimate of the progression of the improvements.
Thing is i don't keep my simulator in a closet until i can't get people who play it to get killed when they crash into a wall at 200 mph. There should be a checkpoint that once hit allows me to show what i was doing in my basement for a whole couple of years.This aura of incredible elitenes he's trying to give to his work sounds more like an excuse not to say the real truth.
Quote from JPeace : and in comes Rockclan etc. Stay tuned for Fepic Ails folks!

What is it with you and several other peoples problems with rockclan? Like seriously, It's like you guys are ****ing four year olds and clinging to the last peice of information in the damn classroom to tattletale on the teacher, He's not a bad guy, I've talked to him, He's not all OOH SHINY THING, And you guys pick on him (Talking to the few of you) Like he's not suppose to be here cause he has autism? I'd love to see the guys that picked on him have some certain problem to see how it feels to be picked on cause you were born with a slight problem.
About the whole DEMO dilemma. I respect DEMO racers in general. They are playing my beloved game. However, in all honesty, the problem with them on the forum COMPLAINING about the game is totally ignorant. Like others, buy the game, then complain. And even then, that doesn't give you full authority to go ranting and screaming that the graphics aren't good enough or "me dr1fT1nG = cr@$h int0 wa11 = LFS sux0rs". The fact is that you haven't bought the game, and you haven't done anything to make anything better. You just haven't had the experience yet, even if you have driven in LFS for 35 000 KM. You haven't driven the cars, and the tracks yet. Are you cracking? I hope not, but then you are still racing offline.

DEMOs are like immigrants. They have to contribute to the country, swearing allegiance and being part of the country before they can vote. Before that, they cannot. Nothing against immigrants.

Comments, suggestions? I guess, if it makes the game better.
Quote from The Very End :I never said that I am no better than the others, in fact I often like to poin out that I'm one of the less usefull persons on this forum

Bullshit!

You are better than me at least =) And you are probably smarter than 30% =)
plz just get off the demo or s2 discrimination talk it will end up deleting it by the mods...
Say nay! To all the nay sayers out there - Problem solved.
:woohoo:
Quote from thisnameistaken :It's also interesting to note who's posted the most in this thread.

http://www.lfsforum.net/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=63604

You and Zeug need to find hobbies!

"Forum spammer" is a very honorable hobby, no?

Quote from IlGuercio :
He says they're working on stuff but not only he's the only one to rarely appear among mortals when there should be two other developers at work, he's not able to give us an estimate of the progression of the improvements.

You must not be on this forum (or on IRC) a lot if you want to suggest that Victor doesn't show any "signs of life".

Quote from TehPaws3D :What is it with you and several other peoples problems with rockclan? Like seriously, It's like you guys are ****ing four year olds and clinging to the last peice of information in the damn classroom to tattletale on the teacher, He's not a bad guy, I've talked to him, He's not all OOH SHINY THING, And you guys pick on him (Talking to the few of you) Like he's not suppose to be here cause he has autism? I'd love to see the guys that picked on him have some certain problem to see how it feels to be picked on cause you were born with a slight problem.

IIRC, nobody except himself and you just now have ever mentioned his autism.

The fact is that he mostly posts shit. And those posts get the (more or less) appropriate responses. He would still get the same responses if he didn't have this "slight problem".
Scawen some news

"Im working on it"

Okay
Quote from zeugnimod :

You must not be on this forum (or on IRC) a lot if you want to suggest that Victor doesn't show any "signs of life".

In fact i'm not, surely much less than you are.
So? What's your point, doctor, will i survive?
There is something i can't stand about all this stuff going on, or rather not going on, so i come back from time to time and see if something has changed.
But, looks like i have, like you, been waiting for nothing so far.
The truth is that an experiment like this, where the developers are in strict contacts with the buyers and players, would have required a better effort in communication from the developers side since we're not talking to a corporate but to a tiny group of friends. Again, the management of the community has been so minimal that the only official race was that LX week years ago (correct me if i'm wrong) which looks like a bit of a joke since LFS is (maybe was) a popular and good simulator. Something should have changed when everything went from being known by a bunch of people to be played even by 14 years old guys which post like they are texting.
Everyone has come to the conclusione that THEY could have given LFS a different and more serious attitude than it has but looks like THEY are perfectly fine with their attitude. I mean, 2 years for a car to be released (maybe 2, who knows) ? And still i don't know how it is possibile for Scawen to know what he's doing if he doesn't know how much is there to correct in the tyre physics (since he says he can't give us an estimate about the residual work) .
Now let your usual "it's their game and they work as slow as they want and blah blah blah" since looks like some of you can't really write down a post that isn't a copy of what is between the quotes.
Mind if I stir things up a bit? I see an opportunity here...
Quote from CodieMorgan :Mind if I stir things up a bit? I see an opportunity here...

Things are already stirred, very...
But I have a really big spoon. ants:
Does anybody know WHEN?

WHEN will the new tyrephysics and stuff go into public testing?

WHEN will the scirocco be introduced?

WHEN will we be riding on the Rockingham track?

WHEN will it be called S3 and we will be (WILLING) to buy some more

into Live for Speed - goodness?

My wallet has suffered a lot of inflation since I took it into my hand
to PAY...

Greetings, Dandy
Quote from IlGuercio :In fact i'm not, surely much less than you are.
So? What's your point, doctor, will i survive?
There is something i can't stand about all this stuff going on, or rather not going on, so i come back from time to time and see if something has changed.
But, looks like i have, like you, been waiting for nothing so far.
The truth is that an experiment like this, where the developers are in strict contacts with the buyers and players, would have required a better effort in communication from the developers side since we're not talking to a corporate but to a tiny group of friends. Again, the management of the community has been so minimal that the only official race was that LX week years ago (correct me if i'm wrong) which looks like a bit of a joke since LFS is (maybe was) a popular and good simulator. Something should have changed when everything went from being known by a bunch of people to be played even by 14 years old guys which post like they are texting.
Everyone has come to the conclusione that THEY could have given LFS a different and more serious attitude than it has but looks like THEY are perfectly fine with their attitude. I mean, 2 years for a car to be released (maybe 2, who knows) ? And still i don't know how it is possibile for Scawen to know what he's doing if he doesn't know how much is there to correct in the tyre physics (since he says he can't give us an estimate about the residual work) .
Now let your usual "it's their game and they work as slow as they want and blah blah blah" since looks like some of you can't really write down a post that isn't a copy of what is between the quotes.

I am with you man....
I tried futusly to suggest a few ways to give a breath of life to lfs and instead of having people trying to improve lfs all i got was the below :

1. Lfs is "their game" and they do what they want.
( I know that ,but is it bad to expect improvement ? )
2. Demo users must die ! (With those responses i am glad i did not use my brother's account )

3. Lfs is a sim it does not need graphics because it is not NFSPEEDZZZZ !
(Ok i know that too,that's why i still bother,but is it a bad thing to have a simulation that looks good too ?- i mean take a look at the recent competitors,rfactor's latest mods look sweet,as well as the upcoming rfactor 2.And while gtr evo/race on are far from perfect they look quite nice,especially with the hdr plugin....)

4.Leave lfs as it is i don't want a screenshot generator !
(Me neither but if my 3.5 year old computer can run lfs at full detail at 1920x1200 with a 16 car grid with 200 fps,you don't expect lfs to be halted graphically so your $400 grocery store offer computer can still run it ? )

5.Lfs its all about quality not quantity-i don't want many bad tracks and cars.
(I support this more than anybody else but really how long will a run of the mill in real life track and a ff car last ? A week or two perhaps ? )
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG