The online racing simulator
Rockingham
(206 posts, started )
Errr... Guys.

Rockingham appears to have shrunk in the wash.
Quote from azasmith14 :Right. Let's look at this from a logical point of view...

Demo - 1 track, many variations. 3 cars.
S1 - 4 tracks, many variations, 6 cars.
S2 - 7 tracks, many variations, 11 cars.
S3 - 8 tracks, many variations, 11 or 12 cars.

You are proposing people pay another £12, to get one track and possibly but unlikely another car?

Maybe if they produced another 2 tracks. Then went from 11 cars, to 15. Then S3 would be about ready for a release. Trouble is, they've got most car classes covered.

Why not. We pay with no worries U$25.00 for one track or car in iRacing.
Quote from Speed Soro :Why not. We pay with no worries U$25.00 for one track or car in iRacing.

I don't and won't.
Quote from zeugnimod :Yeah, they said that included in the initial S3 release will be Rockingham and most likely one more new car but more cars and tracks will be added along the way [...]

Hmm...

I think it's reasonable to assume that an outsider who looks at LFS without all our knowledge could be scared of the time between updates. I mean, somebody who lands on lfs.net to this day can doubt the continuous upgrade status of the project (and only the server downtime updates will tell that the project has had any activity since November '09). So, with an outside view, and let's say a reasonable doubt about further upgrades' development time frame, if one learned that in order to obtain one more track and one more car he needs to pay 12GBP, he'd be right (imo) to avoid the purchase.

Put it this way: if I'd never played LFS, I'd probably still buy it for what is it now, but I wouldn't spend more in order to receive potential further updates. I'd see it as too much of a risk.
This is the 2nd time they have done this that we are aware of. What is the devs problem?
They host promotional events yet dont tell anybody??? This is downright rude & .. to the community. Why is this some sort of secret??

A promotion is a promotion you spread the word get the product out there everyones a winner. I really do not understand them at all?? Two members of my family have thier cars insured with Adrian Flux & we live about 70 minutes from the track. I am sure that there are many LFS S2 racers who live a lot nearer.

Why the heck is this kept a secret?
Uhm, well, because everyone already knew about it?
ok so where was the announcement?
Quote from DevilDare :Uhm, well, because everyone already knew about it?

I (like many other forum users, I guess) thought that it was a one-off thing for the BTCC event last year...
#91 - e.M
Quote from DevilDare :Uhm, well, because everyone already knew about it?

nobody knew it will be there again
I had the impression it was permanently set up at the track?
Quote from Bob Smith :I had the impression it was permanently set up at the track?

I saw the Adrian Flux stickers and thought it was part of their stand :/
No point operating on a whim. There was no announcement which seems very odd. The community has been left in the dark.
Quote from anttt69 :No point operating on a whim. There was no announcement which seems very odd. The community has been left in the dark.

The devs have nothing todo on when the Rockingham track makes and appearance with the organizers, just a rough guess but the devs gave Rockingham owners permission to use lfs for promotion proposes for rights to have the track imported into the game.
i'm just gonna paste this here.
Quote from bunder9999 :i'm just gonna paste this here.

Exactly.

I thought that it is permanent too.

And if its not, the devs probably dont have anything to do with it. I think its up to Rockingham when to put it up.
I guess rockingham/adrian flux have the promotional rights to it?

Quote from Adrianfluxblog :This included Track and Rally racing, trade stands, car clubs, live stunt teams, the F1 pit stop challenge and the Rockingham virtual racing game.

Link : http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/blog/tag/rockingham
So..

It would be nice if the devs would make a comment on why we cannot get rockingham when it is obviously fully playable...
I agree this is not fair. The community left guessing because the Devs dont want to put us in the picture. They may have a reason for not wanting us to know. We cant be sure, but a promotion is a promotion.?? Right?

So, from our detective work so far :detective we can deduce that the Devs in partnership with Rockingham/Adrian flux have set up a group of simulators at Rockingham race track. These simulators are running an early version of S3 which includes the newly scanned Rockingham in glorious detail.

At undisclosed times/days/events the simulators are fired up & the general public/guests get to drive them. There has been no official word from the Devs about any of this other than a few lucky folk who just happened to be in the right place at the right time (or where they?). :detective

If the devs dont want to announce it then maybe we should announce it ourselves.

Rockingham
(206 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG