The online racing simulator
I tried iRacing and...
(257 posts, started )
I weep for the species..
I tried iRacing around January this year and I can say I was bitterly unimpressed with it.
Until around 2 weeks ago I still had the same verdict about it, but then I hired another month and with a completely different state of mind from the first time round, then drove until I am where I am now, Class C road course 3.55. Now I thoroughly enjoy the simulator and have purchased 2 tracks, the Ford Mustang and FG01 V8 supercar. My opinion has completely changed about the sim because of the state of mind I went into the simulator with the second time round.

The moral of the story is, You can not drive iRacing in the same manor you would drive LFS. You need to be cautious, you need to be concentrating 100% every lap and if you let go of that concentration you might as well withdraw from the race. That is what I love about iRacing, it is a real simulator. Forget the cowboy overtakes, forget the flat out through yellow flags, forget not concentrating on anything but your own line, because if you even think of doing anything I have mentioned you are doomed from the green light.

That is my take on iRacing.
Well said Jake. Perfect explanation.
Quote from jakeeatworld :I tried iRacing around January this year and I can say I was bitterly unimpressed with it.
Until around 2 weeks ago I still had the same verdict about it, but then I hired another month and with a completely different state of mind from the first time round, then drove until I am where I am now, Class C road course 3.55. Now I thoroughly enjoy the simulator and have purchased 2 tracks, the Ford Mustang and FG01 V8 supercar. My opinion has completely changed about the sim because of the state of mind I went into the simulator with the second time round.

The moral of the story is, You can not drive iRacing in the same manor you would drive LFS. You need to be cautious, you need to be concentrating 100% every lap and if you let go of that concentration you might as well withdraw from the race. That is what I love about iRacing, it is a real simulator. Forget the cowboy overtakes, forget the flat out through yellow flags, forget not concentrating on anything but your own line, because if you even think of doing anything I have mentioned you are doomed from the green light.

That is my take on iRacing.

I agree with you as the same happened to me, but in iRacing i miss the fun we used to have in LFS, why? you may ask as nothing has changed. Well thats simple its just that the drivers are no longer using LFS
Quote from rockclan :iRacing is in any way better then LFS.

LFS was my love for years, both thanks to the sim and thanks to the community.

But the community and now also the devs have let me down very much.

I'm even considering arranging my whole team a free rFactor, since I've lost the hope for this game.

My team has very much potentional, and we just got SPAM Energy Drink as permanent sponsor today. We all still love LFS, but the community is letting us all down.

I have some good contacts as ISI, and I might consider arranging free rFactor for my whole team, and going on there, if the devs don't do the right thing.

As far as I know my team mate his account bohne1995 or what ever the name is, is still not unbanned, from getting a ban for nothing. His account got hacked and then he got banned for account sharing, this is just to redicoulous.

I am starting to lose fait in LFS, and may this be a warning to all off you, who are ruinning the fun for -TRR- members.

Epic post.

I don't think anyone cares how many free rFactor licenses you give out to your team or if your not very intelligent teammate hasn't got his account back because he ran a program from a complete stranger.

Don't let the door hit you etc...

Btw, is that a threat in the last line?
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Quote from zeugnimod :Epic post.

I don't think anyone cares how many free rFactor licenses you give out to your team or if your not very intelligent teammate hasn't got his account back because he ran a program from a complete stranger.

Don't let the door hit you etc...

Btw, is that a threat in the last line?

People like you ruin all the fun for all LFS racers.

You ruin the sight that LFS has for the public.

You should get a 1 month ban, and rest on your leaves.

But that's just my opinion!
#207 - CSF
And I believe speedhackers should have 999 day bans. Infact no, they should have their licences ripped up.
Damn, I must be important.

Ruining ALL the fun for ALL LFS racers.
Quote from CSF :And I believe speedhackers should have 999 day bans. Infact no, they should have their licences ripped up.

who gives a shit, i would buy a new one anyways.

But if that now happens, I might not!
#210 - CSF
Quote from zeugnimod :Damn, I must be important.

Ruining ALL the fun for ALL LFS racers.

Damn chase cam noob.

Quote from rockclan :who gives a shit, i would buy a new one anyways.

But if that now happens, I might not!

Who gives a "shit" about what you think then?
Quote from CSF :

Who gives a "shit" about what you think then?

The fact that I'm trying to keep this ****ing simulator that I love alive!
#212 - CSF
Quote from rockclan :The fact that I'm trying to keep this ****ing simulator that I love alive!

Sorry but I'm pretty sure it can comfortably stay alive without your "help".
Quote from zeugnimod :Sorry but I'm pretty sure it can comfortably stay alive without your "help".

Sure, with all these people leaving lfs and not liking it anymore thanks to the devs who don't seem to care arse about their community that they have brought togheter!
I would love to say something that insults you here rockclan but I LOVE THIS SIMULATOR AND I DONT WANT TO GET BANNED FROM THESE FORUMS
I don't think these people ruin this game/simulator, I think they run it
#216 - CSF
Quote from rockclan :Sure, with all these people leaving lfs and not liking it anymore thanks to the devs who don't seem to care arse about their community that they have brought togheter!

Really. Interesting. I remember Victor offering to SC an event a few weeks ago because Deko was struggling. Don't see many developers offering to do that.
Quote from Hahmo :I would love to say something that insults you here rockclan but I LOVE THIS SIMULATOR AND I DONT WANT TO GET BANNED FROM THESE FORUMS
I don't think these people ruin this game/simulator, I think they run it

The fact that new potentional buyers that I'm trying to attract won't buy it thanks to **** tards like you!
Ban me if you don't like what I say, I couldn't care less, would buy another account and being able to live the anonime life that I want, since you guys seem all such faggots against me!
Why wont they buy it? Because people like me who do a lot of stuff in this game and actually drive decent laptimes in real leagues, not like your team who loses by 40+seconds to oscarhardwick in less than 20 laps race
#220 - CSF
:clapclap:
Quote from rockclan :Sure, with all these people leaving lfs and not liking it anymore thanks to the devs who don't seem to care arse about their community that they have brought togheter!

Do you actually believe that or are you just mad at them for not blindly listening to you and giving your teammate his hacked account back?

Quote from rockclan :The fact that new potentional buyers that I'm trying to attract won't buy it thanks to **** tards like you!

Just don't link them to the forum so they don't see the dark side.
My friend Spaaki (username bohne something) Got his account perm
banned after being hacked by someone. The fact that everything we
tried, has not changed your mind, really dissapoints me.

I want the best for the team mates of Team Rock Racing, no matter how
young or how stupid they might be, we inside the team love each other,
and want the best for each other.

I am starting to lose fait in LFS, and that is something really big
and disspointing for me.
#224 - CSF
How on earth did we let an iracing topic turn into Rockclan hour.
Quote from CSF :How on earth did we let an iracing topic turn into Rockclan hour.

The fact that you react with stupid ignorant replies might help!

I tried iRacing and...
(257 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG