The online racing simulator
With Physx it'd be like 0.4 FPS on cargame because there are more crashes than cars.
Quote from rc10racer :If LFS had phsysX it would just look the same as that but the tyre smoke is running of the game engine so it looks sub-par.

Yeah, but you don't need PhysX to do volumetric smoke, it just helps when there's a whole buttload of it going around! A decent CPU should propably handle it quite well without the need for a GPU to step in.

Actual PhysX support would be nice too, but I reckon they must have some kind of licensing fees if it's to be used on a commercial title like LFS.
Quote from baSh0r :With Physx it'd be like 0.4 FPS on cargame because there are more crashes than cars.

At least people maybe start learning to brake for yellow flags.

Maybe Scawen also finally learns that it's not the best idea to put TEXT MESSAGES in the middle OF THE SCREEN.. Blocking all view.

Also crash detection would be neat...

But, all we do care about again is smoke from tires.
Quote from GeForz :So what exactly does "ostpwikintaifellyyswarlockcookiefalkendotfxalkengrandfalkendeggiougetimbabknicotmcopspaz" mean?

licence plates
Quote from Matrixi :I wonder is the new tire smoke volumetric in LFS, Mafia 2 has done it pretty darn nicely. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WT4hsoByJU

Why doesn't the smoke rise more than a couple of feet?

Why does the car inhale all the smoke when it drives back between the garages?

Shit smoke tbh.
-
(Bose321) DELETED by Bose321
Surely you can easily mention another title with better smoke then? Picture related?
Attached images
lfs_00000613.jpg
do you really think that the ****ing smoke of all things is currently lfs' most pressing issue?
Quote from Matrixi :Surely you can easily mention another title with better smoke then? Picture related?

Bad Company 2, hands down. About car related smoke, don't know what comes close. How about NFS ProStreet? I thought the burnouts looked awesome, where the smoke went around the wheelarch etc. The smoke itself was OK though.
Quote from Shotglass :do you really think that the ****ing smoke of all things is currently lfs' most pressing issue?

Agree, I don't give a damn, current smoke doesn't win any prizes for looks, but it's fine with me, the updated smoke that is coming will just be welcome.
Unrealistic smoke is still unrealistic smoke. It looks different but it doesn't look any more realistic. When the car is between the garages the smoke doesn't diffuse upwards, when the car is in the open area it doesn't diffuse outwards, it just doesn't behave like smoke at all.

Yeah it probably uses more CPU than LFS smoke, but it doesn't look any more realistic.
Quote from Shotglass :do you really think that the ****ing smoke of all things is currently lfs' most pressing issue?

Eh? Did I claim so?

As far as I know, the smoke has been updated along with the tire physics, so it's a rather relevant discussion isn't it? Or do you rather want to go back to the usual "WHEN IS IT OUT?!?!?!11" bickering that this thread is mostly about? Fine then.
I remember Scawen writing a post about new smoke coming from every part of the tire, not just the part which is touching the ground... can't find it now.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :I remember Scawen writing a post about new smoke coming from every part of the tire, not just the part which is touching the ground... can't find it now.

Here it is.
Quote from Bose321 :Bad Company 2

I think we are talking about tire smoke, not the smoke in overal.
Quote from Matrixi :As far as I know, the smoke has been updated along with the tire physics, so it's a rather relevant discussion isn't it?

with lfs not intended to be a screenshot generator or a drift centric game i dont think its particularly relevant
also from how i read scawens post he said the the way smoke is emitted is changed he never mentioned that the whole method of how smoke is drawn will get changed
Quote from Amynue :I think we are talking about tire smoke, not the smoke in overal.

I said that because his post was not that clear if it was tire smoke only, but I know what he meant, that's the second part of the post about.
Quote from Scawen :After the updates are done and the beta testers are quite happy with it, I think there will be a decent period of public testing.

How does one go about becoming a beta tester anyway? I really don't care about VW, but I'd love to see if there where any changes to InSim.
Quote from Dygear :How does one go about becoming a beta tester anyway? I really don't care about VW, but I'd love to see if there where any changes to InSim.

You need to win LeMans 24h in real world.... and beta testers also have to wash devs foots every Sunday.
Well its nice hearing from the devs in the forums.And as i said in previews posts its clear that they really try to improve the game.What saddens me and a lot of other people and i have it said many times and time again is why devs do not think about using some of the most talented users to help them...
As i said earlier i understand hiring more devs is out of the question and i can perfectly understand this.But as i said earlier they could go partly to the rfactor way and make for example a contest of making new context and the best overall mods could be integrated in the game with honorable mention...
For starts there could be a contest of remaking the original car models and try making ultra realistic models of the actual cars-minus the badjes ofcourse...The best models could be integrated in the game and as far as handling it would stay the same as only the models exterior and interior would be changes....
Next they could make a contest of the best track improvement or actually making/converting a new track.The best track could be incorporated in the main game-If there are license issues the solution is simple the extra track could be downloaded as a patch...

So please i beg the devs.....Think about this..................
Quote from Raito :You need to win LeMans 24h in real world.... and beta testers also have to wash devs foots every Sunday.

we wouldnt have a Scirocco but an Audi S3 or even an R15 *cough*
Quote from cargame.nl :Maybe Scawen also finally learns that it's not the best idea to put TEXT MESSAGES in the middle OF THE SCREEN.. Blocking all view.

Why the sarcastic comment?

The tone of your comment suggests that you think I am really quite stupid. But maybe your comment is the thing that needs attention, because I really have no idea what you are talking about.

I am not aware of putting any text messages in the middle of the screen which block all view. That sounds like a very serious bug - maybe it should be in the bug reports section? Or maybe you are exaggerating and really you have noticed some text that could be in a better position? In which case you should be writing in the improvement suggestions. Post a screenshot as well so we know what you are talking about.

Either way, your comment is not about tyre physics or the Scirocco. Sarcastic posts like yours and scipy's are not welcome here. From the tone of your text, your intention is to annoy me. You are wasting my time. If you want to post here, stay on topic.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG