The online racing simulator
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from speedway :Ladies and gentlemen,

what we see here is representable example of an average fanboy that judges games by advertising, slide shows and various other factors like e.g. the price of a bag of rice in china. Please note how the average fanboy has no experience with comparable products, or even worse like in this case, the product in question itsself as it has not been published yet.

thanks for bringing sunshine into my otherwise murky and boring night :')
Quote from speedway :Ladies and gentlemen,

what we see here is representable example of an average fanboy that judges games by advertising, slide shows and various other factors like e.g. the price of a bag of rice in china. Please note how the average fanboy has no experience with comparable products, or even worse like in this case, the product in question itsself as it has not been published yet.

but its TWO Products not published
DOUBLE TRUE
Quote from chavm481 :but its TWO Products not published
DOUBLE TRUE

Wat?

I believe that makes it untrue.
TDU2 = better then GT5 anyways, that's because Sony is one ****ed up company, they only care about themselves and their product being the best.

They just stole a few of very nice game series from PC to PS3 only, just look at Portal 2.
Quote from rockclan :
They just stole a few of very nice game series from PC to PS3 only, just look at Portal 2.

wat.

5 minutes on google and I can't find a single reference to it being PS3 exclusive, not that I was expecting to find one.

What I did find though is Valve announcing that they are doing everything they can to allow PS3 players to play co-op with PC players which is very much A Good Thing.
Quote from rockclan : they only care about themselves and their product being the best.

Not trying to be a sony fanboy here, but isn't that the whole point of being in a business that sells products?
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Not trying to be a sony fanboy here, but isn't that the whole point of being in a business that sells products?

Business has nothing to do with delivering/offering the best product; it's about making people believe that's what you're doing.

That being said, anyone who says that the TDU series is better than GT is plainly wrong. TDU has simply near undriveable roads... which is pretty bad for a driving game.
Quote from MAGGOT :Business has nothing to do with delivering/offering the best product; it's about making people believe that's what you're doing.

That being said, anyone who says that the TDU series is better than GT is plainly wrong. TDU has simply near undriveable roads... which is pretty bad for a driving game.

You can't compare two completely different games, sure TDU has racing as well but everyone knows its more then that its the whole cruising on a free map thing that makes the game.

last i heard only 1 TDU game came out so far so you can't exactly say TDU series, maybe they changed the roads this time around.
Quote from MAGGOT :That being said, anyone who says that the TDU series is better than GT is plainly wrong.

People not having the same tastes as you are plainly wrong?
Im still trying to figure out where GT came into this conversation??
Quote from AstroBoy :Im still trying to figure out where GT came into this conversation??

I caused it.

I wonder when there's any news about the beta, where I still haven't heard if I am in, or not.
Hehe, Blame Bose then.

Anyway, here is the soundtrack so far: (source)

Paul Oakenfold – Untitled (debuts in the game)
Deadmau5 – Ghosts 'n' Stuff
Ellie Goulding – Under the Sheets
Paul Van Dyk – For an Angel
Phoenix – 1901
Metric – Gold, Guns, Girls
Passion Pit – Little Secrets
The Temper Trap – Fader
Neon Indian – Ephemeral Artery
Dum Dum Girls – Bhang, Bhang, I'm a Burnout
Danko Jones – Code of the Road
Murder City Devils – Hey Sailor
Surfer Blood – Floating Vibes

There are only 2 I listen to there. One of them is a really good driving song (Fader) and the other is meh (Under the sheets) I'll wait for the rest.
Quote from Mustafur :You can't compare two completely different games, sure TDU has racing as well but everyone knows its more then that its the whole cruising on a free map thing that makes the game.

last i heard only 1 TDU game came out so far so you can't exactly say TDU series, maybe they changed the roads this time around.

Granted comparing the series may be a little thin, but the comparison is still legitimate; the comparison is made on the quality, not the content. Fact of the matter is that TDU has many, many issues (some of which are simlpy game-breaking). That is what makes GT better, regardless of what the style of the game is.

Quote from Sir moi 407 :People not having the same tastes as you are plainly wrong?

As mentioned, it's not about taste (unless you have a taste for games with issues ?).

The TDU concept is neat, and I like it (and I still like TDU, and play it from time to time) but it just simlpy has a lot of issues. I honestly don't have much hope for it to be fixed with TDU2, either. There's been absolutely no mention to the biggest problem (crappy road surface) nor to the second biggest problem (frequent crashing).
Custom songs are in?

Also I checked the pre-order and it was worded like 'DOWNLOAD AFTER YOU BUY'
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Custom songs are in?

I thought it was already there in TDU 1? Or probably it needed some conversion but I remember having custom songs when I was cruising back then.
Why would you need custom songs? I never understood that, although it was cool in GTA with the ads inbetween... but still, what's wrong with AIMP, foobar2k or WinAmp?
Quote from morpha :Why would you need custom songs? I never understood that, although it was cool in GTA with the ads inbetween... but still, what's wrong with AIMP, foobar2k or WinAmp?

Why not? if one program can do it why do you need two programs? It's not exactly a novel or difficult feature, just a directory to put files in that's all.
Great songs.

It is possible in TDU1, you simply make your own radio station, put your songs in that, there was a program for that that converted your .mp3's to an extension the game sees as a radio station.
Quote from JJ72 :
Quote from morpha :Why would you need custom songs? I never understood that, although it was cool in GTA with the ads inbetween... but still, what's wrong with AIMP, foobar2k or WinAmp?

Why not? if one program can do it why do you need two programs? It's not exactly a novel or difficult feature, just a directory to put files in that's all.

I'm with morpha on this one, I don't see the point of converting you files to a proprietary format so that you can play them in game (À la Valve Software Requirements, just one example), and even if you did not have too ... I have media function keys on my keyboard for a reason, so I can play what I want, when I want.
I have that too, but I still like it when it's in-game for some reason. Best solution would be something like GTAIV, just drop your .mp3's in a folder and done.
If they positioned the audio sources according to the speakers in the car you're driving, I'd go for ingame radio, otherwise winamp it is.

Quote from Bose321 :I have that too, but I still like it when it's in-game for some reason. Best solution would be something like GTAIV, just drop your .mp3's in a folder and done.

Or just symlink to your audio collection, beware though, can be slow with large collections.
Quote from Dygear :I'm with morpha on this one, I don't see the point of converting you files to a proprietary format so that you can play them in game (À la Valve Software Requirements, just one example), and even if you did not have too ... I have media function keys on my keyboard for a reason, so I can play what I want, when I want.

It's just the sake of authenticity, when you leave your car and say go to a shop, or your house, the music won't keep on playing in the background and interfere with the ingame audio. I just prefer my ingame experience that way.
Quote from JJ72 :It's just the sake of authenticity, when you leave your car and say go to a shop, or your house, the music won't keep on playing in the background and interfere with the ingame audio. I just prefer my ingame experience that way.

Point taken, although with the music detached from the 3D environment (like it usually is, just a stereo source), there is no sense of immersion anyway.
Quote from morpha :Point taken, although with the music detached from the 3D environment (like it usually is, just a stereo source), there is no sense of immersion anyway.

I can only assume you've never tried it and are talking out of your arse... Apart from the added memory footprint - of which TDU's own was way too large to begin with - there was a difference in playback between the cheaper and the more expensive cars, windows up or down made a difference (also to the engine note) and cars that had no radio (like the Caterham) also had no music playing...

Test Drive Unlimited 2
(984 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG