The online racing simulator
Who got Red Dead Redemption today?
(288 posts, started )
Haha ye the lasso is awesome. I was doing a bounty at a gang hangout killed them all except the wanted guy and as I was riding off I had a guy chasing me. I looked behind me, lassoed him and dragged him, let go then dead eyed him in the head as he was getting up while I ploughing down the road.

And I didn't last 100 yards on multiplayer before I got killed. How do you obtain new guns?
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Heh cool. I'd seen a few people with sniper rifles who were fighting the Mexican army. Do these hangouts have the same guns in singleplayer?
My horse has strangely changed colour :S
#229 - Uke
When will this game be out for the PC?

If I can get some money together I'm probably buying this.
When do you get access to the last part of the map in the north east?
After you take out/capture somebody or someones. In Mexico.
Finished the story last night. Not bad at all. Not spoiling anything though. Could've lived without the last few missions but I get why they're there.

So now there's just the online modes ahead of me, and seeing if I can farm some single player achievements
I am up for boosting some online achievements
I could be persuaded to do a bit of that too. I prefer getting my achievements organically, but if I can get into online trouble while I'm at it then fair play. That said, not sure when I'll have the chance to spend a decent amount of time playing.
Getting some of the online ones without boosting would be pretty challenging IMO
I shot my friend in the head ten times while he was away and got an achievement for it. :clapclap:
-
Anyone up for some MP on xbox?
-
Argh
Still haven't tried MP, is it an auto-aim festival or what? Only interesting thing i see is doing free roaming with my mates, but not involving any sort of shooting..
-
So there's no free roam where shooting is banned? Practically a free roam is a 'server' where you'll meet other people?
free roam is pretty much a lobby.

No worries about the shooting as long as you have a fast horse!
I must have joined at a bad time the other day then, virtually the whole server was in a firefight with the Mexican Army with "noobs" like me getting ploughed down (despite us running away from them )
still up for some mp?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Still haven't tried MP, is it an auto-aim festival or what?

Since there's no "hardcore" servers where auto aim isn't allowed, yes. All i plan doing online is doing gang hideouts with friends. And the coop-missions once we get them. Otherwise it's pretty pointless, unless they add servers where it's not allowed to use auto-aim.
Quote from jibber :Since there's no "hardcore" servers where auto aim isn't allowed, yes. All i plan doing online is doing gang hideouts with friends. And the coop-missions once we get them. Otherwise it's pretty pointless, unless they add servers where it's not allowed to use auto-aim.

The thing that dissapointed me with Rockstar, is how they haven't managed to figure out a proper third person shooting, it works so well in games like Uncharted, they should consult someone ffs, that's unfortunately the major part in their games, and it's done pretty bad.. I'm just forced to tap L2 in the campaign because the sense of shooting is so flawed, it's slow, it's strange..
So i would just like to ride in free roam with my friends, without some idiot kid locking an aim on me..
Quote from jibber :Since there's no "hardcore" servers where auto aim isn't allowed, yes. All i plan doing online is doing gang hideouts with friends. And the coop-missions once we get them. Otherwise it's pretty pointless, unless they add servers where it's not allowed to use auto-aim.

You can get PvP hardcore servers where auto-aim is off
Quote from danowat :You can get PvP hardcore servers where auto-aim is off

Did they recently add this? Last thing i've seen was loads of people complaining about the auto-aim fest that's going on online, demanding a change.
Quote from jibber :Did they recently add this? Last thing i've seen was loads of people complaining about the auto-aim fest that's going on online, demanding a change.

Nope, always been hardcore servers, you just have to level up to a certain level in MP (can't remember what level) to unlock them
I hopped on a random free roam last night and once again it was just people killing each other. I did manage to clear out one of the gang hideouts solo while getting sniped by some mong outside, so I think I deserve kudos for that Then I got the Rockstar achievement, so if anyone needs that achievement, feel free to kill me dead

Who got Red Dead Redemption today?
(288 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG