The online racing simulator
Who got Red Dead Redemption today?
(288 posts, started )
Quote from danowat :Side by side, the 360 has the visual edge, but who plays the same game side by side?.

no one but play the game on a projector and the 360 might still be barely tolerable and the ps3 a complete blurfest
naturally youll want something that is properly able to render games at 1080p for projector gaming though
Yeah, because everyone and their mother plays on a projector, right
Quote from Shotglass :no one but play the game on a projector and the 360 might still be barely tolerable and the ps3 a complete blurfest
naturally youll want something that is properly able to render games at 1080p for projector gaming though

eh, I played Halo on a projector in my computer lab at college quite often (5x5'), and even played Super Smash Bros. on the N64 on a 10x10' projection and it was plenty viewable.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yeah, because everyone and their mother plays on a projector, right

well a colleague of mine does i will soon and im doing my best to convince everyone i know the get a projector
imho it is the future of casual gaming (anything serious is still pretty much ruled by crts for obvious reasons) particularly now that fullhd projectors have become very affordable

Quote from DeadWolfBones :eh, I played Halo on a projector in my computer lab at college quite often (5x5'), and even played Super Smash Bros. on the N64 on a 10x10' projection and it was plenty viewable.

youre missing the third number ie viewing distance which is the one that really matters when it comes to quality

undeniably a projector will enlarge any image quality issues a lot and unlike tvs most projectors arent built to conceal quality issues
so like a pc screen a good projector will show you all the flaws in the material you play through it and i think well all agree that the ps3 screens look like runniing a cheap lcd screen at a non native resolution
Quote from Shotglass :
so like a pc screen a good projector will show you all the flaws in the material you play through it and i think well all agree that the ps3 screens look like runniing a cheap lcd screen at a non native resolution

I hope you're not generalising, that's not the case with all games, this is just a bad port, they obviously focused more time on 360 version..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I hope you're not generalising, that's not the case with all games, this is just a bad port

as i may have mentioned before i dont give 2 shits about any console fanboy sony vs ms vs nintendo flamewars for one because i firmly believe the pc is still the epitome of gaming platforms (which considering the price of a pc also neatly avoids having any silly arguments of the 'you only dislike this or that console because youre too poor to afford it' kind thrown at you) and for another because i dont see the point in letting an aimbot play the games for me because the controller i have in my hands is entirely useless for playing any sort of shooter game
Quote from Shotglass :as i may have mentioned before i dont give 2 shits about any console fanboy sony vs ms vs nintendo flamewars for one because i firmly believe the pc is still the epitome of gaming platforms (which considering the price of a pc also neatly avoids having any silly arguments of the 'you only dislike this or that console because youre too poor to afford it' kind thrown at you) and for another because i dont see the point in letting an aimbot play the games for me because the controller i have in my hands is entirely useless for playing any sort of shooter game

Kinda expected answer from you.. i wasn't talking about any of that, just pointing out that this is not a general rule that 360 multiplatform games look better.. and controllers are perfectly fine thank you, very welcomed change from Superman mouse/keyboard combo.. and many games do not have any kind of aiming assistance, like Bad Company 2 for example..
Quote from CoolColJ :or you can use a Xim to use your PC mouse in place of the controller

that wont disable the autoaim though
also update rate of 60hz? are we back to the ps2 days now?

Quote from Boris Lozac :just pointing out that this is not a general rule that 360 multiplatform games look better

and im pointing out that i dont care which console games look better on

Quote :and many games do not have any kind of aiming assistance, like Bad Company 2 for example..

unless you can find a quote from a developer on that im not gonna buy it
with something as rubbish as a controller youre not going to be able to hit anything further away than a few metres without autoaim... some game just do a better job at making you believe they arent cheating you
Quote from Shotglass :
unless you can find a quote from a developer on that im not gonna buy it
with something as rubbish as a controller youre not going to be able to hit anything further away than a few metres without autoaim... some game just do a better job at making you believe they arent cheating you

I played Gun, and that game sucked. I think I'll pass on RDR.
Quote from bunder9999 :I played Gun, and that game sucked. I think I'll pass on RDR.

This is a kinda 'sequel' to Red Dead Revolver, it doesn't have anything to do with Gun.. game is getting high scores everywhere, and friends of mine that got it are absolutely stoked..
Quote from Boris Lozac :

so youre telling me you cant find any proof of a console shooter not using auto aim?
Proof are my 4 days of gameplay.. i know auto-aim when i see one, Killzone 2 had a slightly one, Modern Warfare(s) also, but that is barely noticable and it's not really helping you in a way you think... but Bad Company 2 has none.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Proof are my 4 days of gameplay.. i know auto-aim when i see one, Killzone 2 had a slightly one, Modern Warfare(s) also, but that is barely noticable and it's not really helping you in a way you think... but Bad Company 2 has none.

ah yes and your brilliant judgment must by why a simple google search will tell you that bc2 has an autoaim option that is on by default and apparently can be switched to slightly less on
Quote from Boris Lozac :Proof are my 4 days of gameplay.. i know auto-aim when i see one, Killzone 2 had a slightly one, Modern Warfare(s) also, but that is barely noticable and it's not really helping you in a way you think... but Bad Company 2 has none.

Google says BC2 has auto-aim assist for consoles. For SP its rather large, for MP it is much lower of an assist, but it is certainly still there.
"google says" :doh: It has 'something' on by default, played coupled of minutes with it and i couldn't tell in what way it's actually helping me, and then i switched it off.. I'm talking about MP... we'll continue this conversation when you pull your heads out of your a**es and test a console somewhere other then shop window..
#43 - JJ72
and again dragging this thing off topic.......

Can we talk about the game instead of console vs PC for the seven thousand time already.
Quote from Boris Lozac :played coupled of minutes with it and i couldn't tell in what way it's actually helping me, and then i switched it off

ok let me get this straight first you claim it has no autoaim and then a few minutes later you admit that it has an option to turn auto aim on or off that you were aware of?
seriously youve just officially become the least intelligent person on a forum that has blueflame in its userbase
Quote from JJ72 :and again dragging this thing off topic.......

Can we talk about the game instead of console vs PC for the seven thousand time already.

I agree

Tell us about the game!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from Shotglass :ok let me get this straight first you claim it has no autoaim and then a few minutes later you admit that it has an option to turn auto aim on or off that you were aware of?
seriously youve just officially become the least intelligent person on a forum that has blueflame in its userbase

Listen you pretentios *****, i'm sick and tired of your 'i know everything' crap, until you try that "auto-aim" for yourself, stop wasting my time... and you could smile once in a while, you know, it's good for your health..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Listen you pretentios *****, i'm sick and tired of your 'i know everything' crap

and weve all (well amp and i) had it with you not even showing a semblance of intelligent thinking
the auto aim in bc2 multiplayer only works at really short distances when an enemy runs right in front of you. this is needed on a console because the target is moving across your screen at a speed much faster than you can target with a controller.

back on topic:

just arrived in mexico, im guessing im about halfway through the storyline. the landscape in mexico is so much nicer than americas lol.

so many awesome moments throughout the game so far: when you're in the saloon try pulling out your gun and aiming at someone; all of a sudden everyone in the saloon will pull out their gun and aim straight at you, just like those scenes in classic western movies.
Going to try my luck and buy it today. It's supposed to be out tomorrow officially, but you never know
I'll be getting this tomorrow, MP looks like lots of fun!!!

Who got Red Dead Redemption today?
(288 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG