The online racing simulator
imo i think it was vettels fault looked lke he trieed to intimidate webber a bit too much
Quote from Kazu2799 :yeah but webber didint give vettel any room after he had lost the advantage, hamilton and button did thats the difference and thats why its 50/50

Yes he did, he gave him more than a cars width, more than the Mclaren drivers were giving each other and they managed not to swerve into each other, Vettel had plenty of space on the outside.
You could see Lewis in the interview quietly talking to Webber about the crash as if he agreed with Webber.
Is it just me or was Red Bull over Honcho Marko just blaming Webber for the incident?
Webber face at the press conference looks like a little kid who would be !@$@#$ soon by the teachers/parents/someone more senior... lol
i like the way Red Bull seem to be blaming Mark Webber, Vettel did swing right into Webber so i fail to see how its Marks fault
Interesting. Horner just said to the BBC, "They should of never been in that position in the first place". He is basically saying they shouldnt of been racing each other... To me that sounds a bit... er...
Webber got grilled by the official press conference guy... lol
and that's before the other media get their chance of grilling him even harder~!
That cracked me up. My Brother said about 3 laps before the Red Bull's had the incident that Vettel would cause a crash with Webber if there was a straight fight. He's desperate to prove he's faster and his mindset isn't good. ..and so it came to pass (or not as the case may be )

I'll be asking him for next weeks lottery numbers......

Get in there McLaren! Delighted to see them back on the pace. Great result, and a great display of how team mates should battle.

Fantastic race. More of the same please
Poor Webber, he didn't do anything wrong in my opinion.

- Defending his position normally.
- Vettel should not do such risky moves on a terrible dirt trackside (he could have passed on the right side like Alonso - Petrov).
- Vettel should not do such risky moves, especially as with the slightest error Hamilton would pass.
- Vettel should not have been in the arrogant assumption that Webber would leave a sea of room for him.
- Webber IS leading the championship before and after the race.

Though I forsee Webber being blamed. Financial wise a German being a worldchampion instead of an Aussie in an Austrian/German team is better. Seeing Horner's responce when Vettel went to the pitrow is truly disappointing. Horner should be angry at Vettel and sanction him, not give him comforting hugs and saying "it's okay". I just got disappointed in the RBR as team...

A nice race though. Too bad of the huge gap between the two tops teams and the rest. Very amusing to see the levels of those in their group being so close. Mercedes-Renault-Ferrari train is nice. And seeing the top 4 so close so far in a race is also exciting!

I do am kind of looking for a onboard replay of Alonso-Petrov. Curious how exactly it happened..
Quote from GianniC :Poor Webber, he didn't do anything wrong in my opinion.

- Defending his position normally.
- Vettel should not do such risky moves on a terrible dirt trackside (he could have passed on the right side like Alonso - Petrov).
- Vettel should not do such risky moves, especially as with the slightest error Hamilton would pass.
- Vettel should not have been in the arrogant assumption that Webber would leave a sea of room for him.
- Webber IS leading the championship before and after the race.

Though I forsee Webber being blamed. Financial wise a German being a worldchampion instead of an Aussie in an Austrian/German team is better. Seeing Horner's responce when Vettel went to the pitrow is truly disappointing. Horner should be angry at Vettel and sanction him, not give him comforting hugs and saying "it's okay".

I just got disappointed in the RBR as team...

Agreed with everything.
Webber's mistake : he didn't show the respect you usually show to a teammate.

Vettel's mistake : he didn't show the respect you usually show to a teammate.

pibe : what corner ?? I'll be in Turn 2
I don't know who's fault it is, Webber only left just barely a car length for Vettel on a long semi-straight at fast speed on the inside of the next turn, I think that Webber was too greedy defending the position but also Vettel did **** up turning into Webber, but that could be a little bit of wiggling under braking or looking to the right to see if he had enough space for a split second thus making a little turn to the right, it was too tight, I'd blame both of them.
Quote from JPeace :Doing hand gestures to represent cars lol!

Hah yeah that cracked me up.

Of course it was Vettel's fault. Webber doesn't have to move across to the right any more than Vettel has to move on to the grass to the left.

Webber didn't "make" room, though. He wanted to make it as hard as possible for Vettel to get through the next corner, by pinning him to the left for as long as possible, and that's probably not in keeping with Horner's outlook on racing within the team.
and come to think of it, this is the SECOND time Vettel have moved across on someone dangerously this year...
Both have done wrong... Webber for provoking an accident by not moving over to the clean ideal line under braking when everyone else did, squeezing his teammate of all cars on the track! And Vettel for expecting his teammate to move over in a race for the championship...

It looked to me like the late Coulthard - technically not doing anything wrong, but provoking unnecessary accidents nonetheless, thus losing out himself big time...

Button and Hamilton showed how it's done - letting each other live when it matters so both can fight another day...
Could see it that way : what if Vettel doesn't swerve into Webber...they both get into the braking zone in the dirt(Mark isn't even close to the racing line). They have to take that corner both in a terrible situation with Hamilton half a sec behind. Way to work as a team.
I do so much disagree to everyone saying Vettel shouldn't have made that move. If you watch the replay posted before you can see how much faster Vettel was at the point he started to overtake Mark. He had to make a move, otherwise Hamilton would be again right behind him again and possibly overtaken. And Webber pushed him so much on the dirt (you can see him move more to the left while Sebastian was alongside him). And Vettel had already to lift way before the braking point not to lose the car earlier. Even tho I agrre, Vettel could have avoided moving over to the right at the stage he did, Webber is pretty much as guilty as he is. And by far no saint.
Well, fact is, Vettel was alongside Webber. As much as i like him and reallly enjoyed seeing him winning in the last races and felt with im with his poor performance at australia, where the nerves didn't played for him. This incident could have been avoided by him - Vettel was faster. I see him apologiese in the near future to the team. He could have defend his position still by using the outline. He's the dickhead in this case and fully understandable that Vettel is disapointed by his friend/teammate.

E: exactly lionclaw23
E2: take into account Vettel was on the 'bumpy/dirty' side. I rather enjoy drivers racing, then blocking and have the usually boring F1 races. Webber with his experience should be aware of this fact that Vettel will have it extremely difficult anyways by trying.
Has to be said that Hamilton looked like he really didn't care if he took Button out at T1 (which he nearly did). Just didn't look happy at all with the team and the fuel call. I think there was some coded message in there from the team about 'not racing' and Button shocked him when he made his move. Fair play to Button for giving it a go, but Hamilton is a nut job so he will push it back.

On the 'incident'. What shall we name it? Turkeygate? Vettelgate? lol Vettel's biggest mistake was his gestures following the crash because that gives an insight into what he really thinks about Webber. It was 100% Vettel's fault, but I can't help Webber should've just conceded because Vettel has a habit of doing weird things when other cars are near him. RBR seem to be makingt he same mistakes as they did in 2009.
excellent race, even if the redbulls hadnt wrecked each other, and im a button/mclaren fan.

for what its worth, it was vettels fault, and if i was CH, i would have given him a dead arm on the pitwall, with the cameras watching!

seeing the top 4 cars lap after lap so close is what top racing is all about.

loved buttons move on heir schumacer.

glad to see that jens is making all the doubters eat their words!
Quote from PhilS13 :Could see it that way : what if Vettel doesn't swerve into Webber...they both get into the braking zone in the dirt(Mark isn't even close to the racing line). They have to take that corner both in a terrible situation with Hamilton half a sec behind. Way to work as a team.

Webber would have moved back over to the right, but only at the very last moment, leaving Vettel with no time to follow him. You see this sort of thing all the time.

Vettel simply thinks Webber is more predictable than he actually is. IMO the only predictable thing about Webber is that he's not as good at passing/defending as he thinks he is, and he still expects to win every battle for a position.
Quote from bbman :Both have done wrong... Webber for provoking an accident by not moving over to the clean ideal line under braking when everyone else did, squeezing his teammate of all cars on the track! And Vettel for expecting his teammate to move over in a race for the championship...

It looked to me like the late Coulthard - technically not doing anything wrong, but provoking unnecessary accidents nonetheless, thus losing out himself big time...

Button and Hamilton showed how it's done - letting each other live when it matters so both can fight another day...

Can't agree more

2010 FORMULA 1 TURKISH GRAND PRIX (Istanbul)
(447 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG