The online racing simulator
Ferrari Enzo cockpit love!

I like the fact the Ford GT jumped out of line at the rolling start
You can also see the cars shift weight as they come around the turn into the start

Quote :I am, and might be a lot better than you.
Conditions were very bad, read infos : broken wheel, plastic pedals, no sounds because of the recorder so I wasn't aware where the reving and the grip were at, first time ever with the Enzo, etc. Don't forget S2 tires and GT5 pro physics that do not forgive. Remember about GT Academy 2/Time Trial Demo ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0zO41mr9-I

Quote :Gameplay of 2002 Ferrari Enzo using a Driving force GT, pro physics and no aids (I think ABS is set on 1). Track is Nürburgring GP. There were only 8 cars on track but i'm positive there'll be more on final release.

Transmission : Automatic (shifters were broken)
Driving Physics : Professional
Driving line : Off
Active Steering : Off
Traction control (TCS) : 0
Front Tires : S2
Rear Tires : S2

Physics seemed a little bit more like Time Trial Demo than what it was in GT5 CES 2010 demo.

Video recorded in 720p@50fps from 1080p Bravia screen, using a tripod, a Panasonic TZ7 and a Zoom H2 recorder.

Note : There were two demos around the Playstation truck running on PS3 Test : one time limited and the other with unlimited number of laps but none of them had the replay function. Option on the main menu was disabled so I wasn't able to turn off music while racing. AI didn't amazed me at all. AI drivers now have names (selected randomly ?) : Titus, Grant, Shawn, Keagan, Jasper, Giovanni, Rodrigo, Keith, Haiden, Phoenix, Yahir, Humberto, Jimmy, Jason, Kai, Jayson, Russell, Jared, Milton, Carlos, Omari, Harper, Zachary, etc. I think it's part of the "more human IA experience" ; maybe one name is linked to one particular behaviour just like in NFS Shift. No more active stability management setting (ASM) in the option menu. Engine noises still sound a "little" poor. The sparks effect looked very poor to me as well, at least, we know sparks will be there.

Graphics seemed to have improved a little bit. Atmosphere around the Nürburgring changed, it was less yellowish than the one in GT5 CES 2010 demo (seasons changes ?). The whole experience felt more like PC sims, with subtle handling and accurate track details but low on effects or polygons ; whereas games like Dirt that have beautiful 3D moving trees and lots of visual effects but got an arcade handling.

It says error occured, on that video...
Quote from Boris Lozac :It says error occured, on that video...

try again, it should work, I just checked

The cockpit looks really nice. All the materials are rendered well, with the carbon fiber looking really good.
Even has shift lights on the wheel top. I had a look at Forza 3's and it doesn't look anywhere near as good, and no shift lights. Forza has better sounds of course, but I don't think this is final for GT5, since none of the racing cars have transmission whine from the Time Trial
Quote from CoolColJ :try again, it should work, I just checked

Error again Maybe it has some country limit or something.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Error again Maybe it has some country limit or something.

shut down IE and restart it if your using it, I get all sorts of weird flash player errors in IE. Otherwise try FireFox

This is the first time I've seen brake lockup actually causing understeer in a GT game

first you see the AI black Enzo, lock up, with smoke, go off track at 2:30
AI also acting more human
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU8I2AaBsCk

Then you see Mimaximax doing the same at 3:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0zO41mr9-I

I guess this means ABS is not automaticly on for all cars now...
But doesn't the Enzo have ABS in real life?
I'm on Opera, that R8 video worked, but that third one is also giving me an error, tried in Firefox too..
Quote from CoolColJ :Another long vid, showing the full 24 hour track, and the various views. I think he is using Pro physics mode - he loses it everytime he clips the curb and goes a little off track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKAtNKJKOZQ

The guy who filmed this sent me some photos he made from the booth. Its the same truck that stood on the IAA, but one detail caught his eye.

Look at the track map on the bottom, its not the 24h Combo nor the Tourist version, but the old Track with its old Start/Finish straight. I'm wondering, do we get the Südschleife too
Attached images
06140005.JPG
Video of ZR1 - it's listed a premium model in the selection menu, interesting. Also there was oversteer in Standard physics mode with S3 tyres, certainly something that didn't happen in Prologue.
It looks like Standard physics is now inbetween the Standard and Pro physics in Prologue, and Pro is now more hardcore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnfd64YAFqw
Premium = damage and cockpit?
Premium means fall off bodyparts, modelled engine and under hood/boot area. Every car should get a 3D cockpit, according to some interview quoted pages ago.
The Audi R8 and Citroen GT also had premium labels. Now this is a surprise to me, since I thought extensive damage would be mostly limited to race/rally cars and maybe some concept cars.

So it seems like some manufacturers are quite happy to see their cars get all beat up

Also Nürburgring at night confirmed for GT5
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/n ... ut_at_the_nrburgring.html
to bad they are still not ready to show us the damage model, I hope they did some progress since the last time they showed us the damage model.
Quote from CoolColJ :The Audi R8 and Citroen GT also had premium labels. Now this is a surprise to me, since I thought extensive damage would be mostly limited to race/rally cars and maybe some concept cars.

So it seems like some manufacturers are quite happy to see their cars get all beat up

Also Nürburgring at night confirmed for GT5
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/n ... ut_at_the_nrburgring.html

I know audi said they are all for it as long as the aim of the game isn't to destroy cars. They said it when forza 3 came out
Quote from Boris Lozac :Aren't like all tracks confirmed to have a night mode, some time ago... ?

not by third party people, and not seen by them in person, until now. As they say, until someone sees it running, nothing is 100% sure
I'm guessing that will be sick, with headlights and all.. but what would be even more insane is that you could choose the day settings, i'm not big of a fan of night racing, but beeing able to choose dusk, sunset, cloudy, sunny... at least.. that would be really cool.
id love to do some right racing.
Are they going to use a system when your doing a 24hour where it goes dark as well?
I cant express in words how useless this looks

What will you use that thing for invite a male friend or your girlfriend over and stick the sony move thing up their arse, or her va&ina?
And then maybe use it as a stick shift?
air stick shift
I really can't find it purposse in GT5..
Collisions with other drivers are better - see 0:12
Normally they wouldn't spin like that, they'd just have a tiny bump and carry on
the viper always had an "oh sh** factor". it's a fast car that's very wide and also very boatish.

that said, it's interesting to see an AI spin out.

i wonder if they will ever remove the mechanism that forces you to drive the correct way on the track. arbitrarily turning the wheel to make the car go in the right direction is hardly realistic. if you've ever played GT3/4/5P with a wheel and run it into a wall, you probably know what i mean.

edit: i noticed running into the wall didn't take off his side mirror. hardly realistic.

and how come most of these videos are for nurburgring, don't they have any other tracks?

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG