The online racing simulator
Who got Red Dead Redemption today?
(288 posts, started )
I'm after a copy of this too. It wasn't until the reviews started coming in that I decided I wanted a copy, but it sounds totally awesome. I'm not even normally a big fan of western-style stuff, but this has me sucked in.
I'm just debating whether to get it for 360 or PS3. My PS3 collection is sadly lacking in comparison so that might make up my mind. The controllers are no longer an issue. I wish I hadn't seen the article about the sub-HD PS3 graphics
If you get it on the 360, you'll be able to saddle up with me pardner

Mine has just been posted (£29.75 from Tesco Ent), so it should be here in a couple of days.
Reading the reviews this looks good and I am looking at getting it after pay day I am interested to hear your reviews though as IMO alot of game reviewers gloss over faults. I got a couple of weeks to decide though
Quote from danowat :If you get it on the 360, you'll be able to saddle up with me pardner

That'd be cool. Because unlike racing games, shooters I'm actually not too bad at I guess in terms of longevity the old posse thing is the way forward, and I have more XBL friends than PSN.

Thing is, it's not my birthday for another month - will anyone still be playing it by the time I get my copy? I also want Just Cause 2 and nobody seems to be talking about it any more already!
Fickle bunch the console lot!, I still play games like Dead rising (4 years old!!!!), so I'll still be playing RDR for a while yet.

I am after JC2 aswell, but am waiting for it to go under my impulse buy threshold (£15-£20)
Quote from Shotglass :and weve all (well amp and i) had it with you not even showing a semblance of intelligent thinking

O really, because i 'don't know' that green flags means race in drivers mind? yeah, i really didn't know that until you told me, i thought those flags should be brown.. Because i liked Avatar for what it is? yes, i have a brain of a monkey, got it..
You have no freakin idea what you're talking about in this case, i know how you imagine that auto-aim in your super inteligent brain, that you press a button and it locks on the player, am i right... as i'm telling you, i switched it off completely, which i'm guessing most players did and then it doesn't exist, i believe i know what's it's like when it's on, like in KZ2, if someone runs close by you, it will slightly move a sight towards him, and it's not really a 'help', quite the opposite.. that's one of the reasons i stopped playing KZ2, but in BC2 there is none of that if you turn that off.. but i guess you know better then me, you played it on Google..
Quote from danowat :Fickle bunch the console lot!, I still play games like Dead rising (4 years old!!!!), so I'll still be playing RDR for a while yet.

I am after JC2 aswell, but am waiting for it to go under my impulse buy threshold (£15-£20)

Quote from Dajmin :That'd be cool. Because unlike racing games, shooters I'm actually not too bad at I guess in terms of longevity the old posse thing is the way forward, and I have more XBL friends than PSN.

Thing is, it's not my birthday for another month - will anyone still be playing it by the time I get my copy? I also want Just Cause 2 and nobody seems to be talking about it any more already!

Get RDR before JC2. I bought JC2 on release and despite how fun it is dragging people along the floor and blowing crap up, the lack of multiplayer and the short story mode gets really boring after a while. I played it to death at first, but it's lucky to get anymore then 15 minutes a time off me now.
Quote from Boris Lozac :as i'm telling you, i switched it off completely

Quote from Boris Lozac :and many games do not have any kind of aiming assistance, like Bad Company 2 for example..

so according to you it both has an option to turn auto aim on or off and no auto aim at all

Quote :You have no freakin idea what you're talking about in this case, i know how you imagine that auto-aim in your super inteligent brain, that you press a button and it locks on the player, am i right

ah yes because i clearly never played an fps that had auto aim enabled back in the days when they didnt even release fps' on consoles?

Quote :O really, because i 'don't know' that green flags means race in drivers mind?

you may recall that you wer acting so mindbogglingly stupid in the thread that most of the people reading it werent sure whether you were trolling or genuinely that daft

Quote :Because i liked Avatar for what it is?

how about because on several occasions youve been completely inable to grasp the simple concept that there can be oppinions other than your own?
No, i'm unable to grasp 'oppinions' from smarta**es like yourself, that think they know best, whatever the topic was, and even if they didn't experienced themselves what they're talking about they still pretend they know best... Ease of with that..
Quote from Shotglass :well a colleague of mine does i will soon and im doing my best to convince everyone i know the get a projector
imho it is the future of casual gaming (anything serious is still pretty much ruled by crts for obvious reasons) particularly now that fullhd projectors have become very affordable

do you know maybe if eDimensional or other 3d soft/hardware producers provide drivers for LED projectors?
Quote from AndRand :do you know maybe if eDimensional or other 3d soft/hardware producers provide drivers for LED projectors?

no idea
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Get RDR before JC2. I bought JC2 on release and despite how fun it is dragging people along the floor and blowing crap up, the lack of multiplayer and the short story mode gets really boring after a while. I played it to death at first, but it's lucky to get anymore then 15 minutes a time off me now.

Point taken. I was worried about that in JC2 so at least it's not unfounded.
I think I've figured out a way to get the money quicker so I might get it sooner than expected
Don't do it, its illegal, and it hurts.
Not sure whether to get this on PS3, or wait for the PC version :X
PC version will probably be a worse port than the PS3 one.

It plays wonderfully on the PS3, aside from the hopefully-soon-to-be-patched multiplayer glitches. Just go for it.
Is there a mode in MP, that you and friend(s) can ride through the whole map, without restrictions..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Is there a mode in MP, that you and friend(s) can ride through the whole map, without restrictions..

Yes. Free roaming.
Yeah, saw it, i just hope that the whole map is available and open, and not limited to single towns and areas.. Man gotta order it like tomorrow..
Well the big selling point for this are the MP modes. They do look great and really fun. I must get it as well.
I'm getting it first and foremost for the love of the wild west and for the campaign, but if MP is good too then awesome..
Quote from danowat :Don't do it, its illegal, and it hurts.

Cashing in on pending survey rewards, nothing that shady - I'm not that interesting
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yeah, saw it, i just hope that the whole map is available and open, and not limited to single towns and areas.. Man gotta order it like tomorrow..

It's fully open. No restrictions. I rode across the entire map bottom-to-top last night.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :It's fully open. No restrictions. I rode across the entire map bottom-to-top last night.

Awesome! How big is the map anyway, are there 'invisible walls' if you know what i mean, or whatever you see, you can go there?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Awesome! How big is the map anyway, are there 'invisible walls' if you know what i mean, or whatever you see, you can go there?

There are sort of natural boundaries at the edges of the map, if you know what I mean. Cliffs, rivers without bridges, etc. The northern side is all impassable mountain peaks, the eastern side is their version of the Mississippi river, etc.

It takes a good long while to ride across the entire thing, though there are "transportation hubs" where you can hitch a ride on a (lightspeed-fast) wagon to another town. I prefer to avoid those, though.

Who got Red Dead Redemption today?
(288 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG