The online racing simulator
Crysis 2
(261 posts, started )
Crysis 2
Crysis 2

Seems to be a epic sequel, as i understood - its based in new york city. Im not sure tho. The graphics are pretty nice tho.

Info
Quote :Crysis 2 is an upcoming video game developed by Crytek, published by Ekectronic Arts, EA decided to extend their deal with Crytek to publish Crysis 2, due for release on Microsoft Windows, the Playstation 3, and the Xbox 360 in 2010. It is the sequel to the 2007 video game Crysis and its spin-off, Crysis Warhead. It will be the first game to use the new CryEngine 3 development engine. A one minute teaser was released during Electronic Arts' E3 2009 Conference. In addition, a trailer was released in the 2009 Game Developers Conference, showing footage from the new CryEngine 3.

People are excpecting that the release date will be somewhere at Q4 2010.

Reveal Video

Wikipedia Link
Hope a new gfx card is not needed

Nice trailer
Looks good.
Can't wait. Quite possibly the only game I'll bother to buy in 2010!
Graphics looks good except the soldiers.. looks soooo toyish
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Graphics looks good except the soldiers.. looks soooo toyish

Agree'd.

Maybe because EA got involved. Theyr games always have "toyish" characters ... or its just me?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Hope a new gfx card is not needed

Nice trailer

Don't worry. It's on consoles aswell, so don't expect anything fancy.

Seen alot video's of Crysis today, also some nice shots. This is old news. ^_^
First Crysis version was a bomb, think the next one will be good too
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Hope a new gfx card is not needed

You're one of those positive thinking people who might look at a jet fighter and say "well maybe we won't need a pilot's license to fly one" It's CRYSIS! It will be the dominatrix of gaming systems, whipping, and torturing...
Quote from squidhead :You're one of those positive thinking people who might look at a jet fighter and say "well maybe we won't need a pilot's license to fly one" It's CRYSIS! It will be the dominatrix of gaming systems, whipping, and torturing...

Read again, it's on the console...

And no, it's not a fanboy comment, it's the damn truth.
Quote from Bose321 :Read again, it's on the console...

And no, it's not a fanboy comment, it's the damn truth.

Read again, Assasins Creed 1 was also on this gen consoles, so why does the AC2 needs much better PC, then one needed for AC1? and they are graphically maybe the same?
And they are doing every version seperatly, so they'll maximise it for every system.
I couldn't be bothered to finish the first one, was beautiful to look at, but i just didn't have the will to play it..
ACI and ACII are not the same graphics, ACII has alot better. They have nice lighting and better textures.

This will be on the same engine, and there's no way something like for example CryEngine2 will run with the same graphics on a console. So unless the optimise the sh*t out of it, I seriosly doubt it has any better or even close graphics.
Uhm.... Crysis 2 will use Cryteks new CryEngine 3.
Quote from Bose321 :
This will be on the same engine, and there's no way something like for example CryEngine2 will run with the same graphics on a console. So unless the optimise the sh*t out of it, I seriosly doubt it has any better or even close graphics.

well, AFAIK, they WON'T make a new crysis on the old engine, so yeah, that hope is out of the window, and secondly, when making game for PC and consoles - make sure to optimise (I.E: Make unbelievably ugly just to run) it for consoles separately...
Crysis 2 will run on CryEngine 3 (DirectX 11)
Quote from squidhead :well, AFAIK, they WON'T make a new crysis on the old engine, so yeah, that hope is out of the window, and secondly, when making game for PC and consoles - make sure to optimise (I.E: Make unbelievably ugly just to run) it for consoles separately...

My god, what's with this PC elitism people Have you seen some console games Have you seen God of War 3, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Red Dead Redemption etc.. come on, you're really making yourselves sound silly and childish. And is it always about graphics, you people really enjoy getting raped by hardware manufacturers, just count how much money (those who follow PC 'trends') have spent on last couple of years.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Yes. Please go away. Thank you.

You call everyone childish, but dont show any kind of higher intelligence..... If you were so much more "mature", you would of just ignored his statement and pretended you didnt see it. But noooooo, you have to try and start an argument....
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from squidhead :You're one of those positive thinking people who might look at a jet fighter and say "well maybe we won't need a pilot's license to fly one" It's CRYSIS! It will be the dominatrix of gaming systems, whipping, and torturing...

Well, I cba to buy a new gfx card so soon....
Quote from DevilDare :Yes. Please go away. Thank you.

You call everyone childish, but dont show any kind of higher intelligence..... If you were so much more "mature", you would of just ignored his statement and pretended you didnt see it. But noooooo, you have to try and start an argument....

No, i haven't.. I 'know' Squidhead on this forum for a long time, he makes some great LFS vids if i recall, it would be an argument if it was Bose, or you, or some other kid with l33t PC.. That's why i put those smilies.. cause those comments are getting really childish and all that console hate..
Why do you always inlcude me in your statements about "pc leetzorz". Can you please show me a single post of mine where I ripped on consoles and said PC's were better?

Its getting bloody annoying.
C'mon let's avoid this stupid pointless posts, Boris you could of stayed a little bit calmed down and not putting everyone into your childish groups. Let's just stay on topic which is Crysis 2 and not this flaming which means nothing to everyone and makes things only worse.

I really liked the trailer and I just can't wait for this. One of my best games so far, hopefully it won't be screwed up due to those console restrictions.
Quote from DevilDare :Uhm.... Crysis 2 will use Cryteks new CryEngine 3.

When did you discover this? I never said Crysis 2 will use CryEngine2. I said as example...
Quote from Bose321 :
This will be on the same engine, and there's no way something like for example CryEngine2 will run with the same graphics on a console.

You really need to reword that then, because at the moment it looks like you are saying that Crysis 2 "will be on the same engine" as Crysis.
It seems that 199$ machine can put some impressive graphics

Quote :The level starts with the player very high up in a building, I’d say about 20 stories up. Nomad is given some brief directions by his commander, because it’s hard to pay attention as Nathan pans around from this high vantage point. Crysis 2 on an early 360 development build months away from release is, regardless of platform, flat out the most visually stunning game in history. Period. I cannot adequately describe the richness, depth of detail, and the pure sensation that you are in a Nanosuit 2 bustling about New York City. I had a flashback to the very first time I walked out of the bunker and into the tropical paradise in the first level Far Cry. There aren’t enough superlatives to put his correctly on paper.

Nathan turns on tactical mode, pans down and to the left of him, and you begin to hear chatter from your newest human enemies. They’re wearing a Nanosuit that’s darker than Nomad’s, looks like it has a gas mask on the helmet, with daunting blue eyes. Nathan switches to armor mode and jumps down from his perch. I was upset he had to come down, but my anger quickly subsides as Nathan switches to power mode and jumps to the next building and the immediately goes into “maximum stealth”. He creeps up on an unsuspecting enemy and grabs him. Unlike the first game where it was by the neck, he actually palms his head like a basketball. He is palming and dragging this guy for a few steps and then squeezes his head crushing it like a grape. I can’t help myself and audibly say “NICE” quite loudly. He then switches to armor and takes out an enemy and quickly reverts to stealth mode. A nearby enemy goes behind some wooden structure in front of Nomad for cover. The enemy is still on his radar from being tagged in tactical mode, so Nathan positions himself on the opposite side of the structure. He switches to the shotgun, turns on armor mode and blasts away. The wood splinters fly everywhere as round after round takes the structure and enemy down at the same time. He works his way towards a brick wall for cover and being a good player knows that there’s a sniper rifle conveniently right there. He scopes, zooms and snipes an enemy that is on the rooftop of the building directly across the street. His companion with a rocket launcher gets a bead on Nomad from the sound of the shot and fires away.

What happens next is the next “oh shit” moment. As the rocket zooms towards Nomad and hits the brick wall in front of him, the bricks correctly hurl towards Nomad partially destroying a correct proportion of the wall. It was not the entire wall or a pre-baked hole. The engine correctly estimated the size of damage from the explosion and rendered it in real time. As the bricks settled and the dust flew up, I couldn’t help but ask myself “did I just see that”? I didn’t care that he was in god-mode and should have died. Amazing. I hardly had time to recover from seeing that when he starts panning for more rooftop enemies. He spots a few more, walks over to a machine gun mounted on the rooftop and picks it up. Much like the video of the first Crysis game when he fires the Hurricane into the trees, Nathan turns on armor mode and proceeds to lay waste to anything and everything in front of him. Again, I didn’t care that he should have died like five times. The sheer amount of carnage in front of the machine gun more than made up for the lack of any sort of tactics.

I didn’t even think of it at the time, but now writing this, it also showed the raw power of the new engine. Even with all the destruction going on, the visual feedbacks from taking damage (screen edges, blur, etc.), and intense amount of audio, the game did not hiccup one bit. Nathan proceeded to mop up the few extras that wisely ran for as much cover as possible and heads to the checkpoint. The level fades and a VERY loud applause ensues. I’m in complete awe of what I just saw.

A bit off topic.

I get shivers down my spine when I realise we might have a real life Nano Suit in about 20-30 years (Maybe sooner?). It might not be as powerful and "super-awesome" as in Crysis, but scientists have already managed to 'cloak' a 3D object (although a ridiculously small one) and make it invisible. How bloody aweosme is that.

Crysis 2
(261 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG