The online racing simulator
Today Alonso used his third engine this season, but the one from Bahrain ain't broken, it only had some problems with the high temperetature there.
Quote from Mysho :What would the race look like if all frontrunners qualified in front? I swear next Bahrain. Somehow, rain's needed for fun factor. Not saying today's race was boring though... Just imagining how would it be with all fast guys in front.

Sadly, you are probably right.

Can't really remember what races in China are usually like but after that one we have 2 potentially very boring races again: Barcelona and Monaco. :/
I think the idea of having water sprinklers on track is becoming more and more like a real possability. It does sound very silly indeed, but something needs to be done to save F1....

It could have a "random" chance to turn on during the race, and with different settings. (Light drizzle, normal, heavy). To avoid complete chaos, you could maybe restrict it to turning on once per race distance.

I mean we recreated sunlight, whats stopping us doing the same with rain?
Quote from DevilDare :I think the idea of having water sprinklers on track is becoming more and more like a real possability. It does sound very silly indeed, but something needs to be done to save F1....

It could have a "random" chance to turn on during the race, and with different settings. (Light drizzle, normal, heavy). To avoid complete chaos, you could maybe restrict it to turning on once per race distance.

Whatever you're smoking, I want some.
Why on earth would it not work on some circuits? Give me a reason.

Say something like Monaco. Surely that would improve the race by shaking things up..
Quote from DevilDare :I think the idea of having water sprinklers on track is becoming more and more like a real possability. It does sound very silly indeed, but something needs to be done to save F1....

Umm, no... It would be beyond silly. They need to come up with something 'natural'..

I think WWE is maybe more your type of thing!
Add sprinklers, invert the grids, give points for overtaking, problem solved.
You're all saying its silly, but dont give reasons.... Yes the idea is stupid and silly, but surely it cant make races even more boring.... Some tracks it wouldnt work, yes, but a circuit like Monaco thats so tight... I dont know... I would like to see how it would work.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Add sprinklers, invert the grids, give points for overtaking, problem solved.

You forgot the "success ballast".
There must be some way to create the competative conditions of a wet race without the water. All that the water does is reduce grip and reduce the effect of aerodynamics. They need to reduce/simplify aero. All the rule changes they can think of won't do any good if cars can't pass each other.

Increasing mechanical grip might help, too. I'm not sure if that would help or not.

Track design seems to affect a lot as well.
Putting water on the track will just avoid the problem not fix it.
Thing is, I wasn't really joking.
Quote from zeugnimod :Sadly, you are probably right.

Can't really remember what races in China are usually like but after that one we have 2 potentially very boring races again: Barcelona and Monaco. :/

China when dry is also very boring.

there is a mile long straight just like Bahrain, but the corners leading up to it is a fast left right, so cars could never follow closely enough to get in the draft...(thanks Tilke for that again)
Quote from DejaVu :petrov followed his exact weaving though, so does he escape all blame aswell?

Hamilton is weaving in front of Petrov, which is against the rules and that's why he got a warning.

But in what way is following the guy's in front weave is against the rule~?
Webber said he went wide in T1 because he couldn't see next to him so didn't want to risk a crash, well atleast next race that won't be a problem anymore.

A good possible feild jumbler to see who can make the best of it aerodynamicly.
Quote from JCTK :Hamilton is weaving in front of Petrov, which is against the rules and that's why he got a warning.

But in what way is following the guy's in front weave is against the rule~?

If your behind your not blocking, Hamiltons move was completely stupid and it deserved a DT.
Hamilton got only a warning because that rule is about blocking an overtake move (I think). Hamilton wasn't blocking. He was actually getting out of the way so Petrov couldn't take advantage of the slipstream. He moved first and Petrov followed.

Risky and questionable, but not against the rules, so no penalty.
So your saying the rules Contridict it self.

The rules say your only allowed 1 move to prevent an overtake, wether its from slipstream or not its still an attempt at an overtake.
but it wasn't an overtake attempt, and hamilton wasn't blocking. Hamilton moved first. If Petrov was trying to overtake, he would have tried to go straight past Hamilton, not follow behind him.
Hamilton was trying to move out of Petrov's way, but petrov needed the slipstream so he followed hamilton.

Blocking is when the guy behind moves first to pass, then the guy in front moves over to block him. this hamilton vs. petrov thing is the opposite of that.

edit:
all i could find in the rules was this:
"- illegitimately prevented a legitimate overtaking manoeuvre by a driver ;
- illegitimately impeded another driver during overtaking."
under the "incident" section, which are all at the discretion of the stewards.

Petrov was trying to draft, not overtake.
Hamilton was not the only driver to weave in an effort to drop someone from their slipstream. Loads did it. Hamilton did it with a bit more vigour, plus it was down the s/f, the decision to caution him was probably correct. It's not a series of moves to block, he would get an immediate drive-through penalty for that, there is an obvious and clear distinction here. One is safe (the gap between the cars is large) but looks a bit wild, the other very dangerous.
Quote from Mustafur :Webber said he went wide in T1 because he couldn't see next to him so didn't want to risk a crash, well atleast next race that won't be a problem anymore.

A good possible feild jumbler to see who can make the best of it aerodynamicly.

the mirror thing have been pushed back to Barcelona. So he'll still have that problem in the next race~
like i said already, Petrov did the same thing to hamilton the lap before.
Quote from Mustafur :If your behind your not blocking, Hamiltons move was completely stupid and it deserved a DT.

^^

This is what happens to people after watching years of F1 without proper stewarding. They lose all sense of proportion and common-sense.

Finally the FIA have brought people and experts in the stewarding box with a bit of common sense and we've seen a succession of correct decisions. Motor racing needs a certain level of leniency because otherwise no-one would race or compete. Hamilton was a bit naughty and got warned. Fair enough and proportionate. That's how motor racing should be stewarded.
I already came up with the best solution ever, hydrogen powered cars. The only emission from a hydrogen powered car is water, scale it up to F1 levels of power and as the race goes on the cars will make the track wet, no need for sprinklers!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG