The online racing simulator
#1 - samjh
2010 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX (Sepang)
Oh well, might as well start one.

Track (click picture for interactive map)

Number of Laps: 56
Circuit Length: 5.543 km
Race Distance: 310.408 km
Lap Record: 1:34.223 - JP Montoya (2004)

Schedule (local time, GMT +8)

Fri 02 April 2010
Practice 1 = 10:00 - 11:30
Practice 2 = 14:00 - 15:30

Sat 03 April 2010
Practice 3 = 13:00 - 14:00
Qualifying = 16:00

Sun 04 April 2010
Race = 16:00

Weather forecast
http://www.met.gov.my/index.ph ... amp;id=689&Itemid=905
How the..
I was just making one
#3 - samjh
Great minds think alike.
greater minds post slower
#5 - samjh
Slower than the greatest of minds, of course.

On-topic: looks like it will be a wet weekend. Hurrah!
Quote from samjh :Slower than the greatest of minds, of course.

On-topic: looks like it will be a wet weekend. Hurrah!

yes i agree hurray!
every weekend should be a wet weekend.

They should postpone races for getting too dry, and set up sprinklers around the track
They should design more tracks where all 24 cars can run side-by-side. It makes for some really dangerous-looking overtakes.
#9 - JCTK
yay rain~! should make things more interesting again~! But better don't have too big a hope on it because weather forecasts are never accurate~ XD

If it really will rain, at least the Red Bull wouldn't have an easy 1-2 (assuming Vettel car didn't break down and Mark didn't cock it up).
If it rains, Schumacher has a big chance for a podium

RAIN FTW!!!
I gather heavy rain is forecast for the whole weekend.
We might not get a full race again.
Quote from Bean0 :I gather heavy rain is forecast for the whole weekend.
We might not get a full race again.

Wet race is a good thing and if too wet hopefully we will get some spectacular wheather again.
Yeah, let's hope. Even a little bit rain like last race will be great.
#14 - 5haz
Quote from zeromussov :Yeah, let's hope. Even a little bit rain like last race will be great.

It never rains in Malaysia, it pours.
Quote from 5haz :It never rains in Malaysia, it pours.

Yeah, true :kyle:

It can also rain for 5 minutes, and after a nice sunshine. Anyway, every sort of rain is welcome
Didn't they stop last years race half way through? Hows that epic?
Yep they stopped it because it was a monsun

and later on they couldnt start it again, because it was already too dark for racing coz of the late start time >.<
#18 - JCTK
Quote from zeromussov :Yeah, true :kyle:

It can also rain for 5 minutes, and after a nice sunshine. Anyway, every sort of rain is welcome

not if it's the type that will force the race to be red flagged, or never started...
#19 - 5haz
It adds something of interest to the race, the last few laps the conditions were incredible, some of the best motor races ever are held in the pouring rain.

Quote from zeromussov :It can also rain for 5 minutes, and after a nice sunshine. Anyway, every sort of rain is welcome

I'd love to see tropical rain and sunshine on and off several times throughout the race, I remember watching an FIA GT race at Anderstorp years ago where it kept going from sunshine to rain and hail every 5 minutes and it really shook everything up (in a good way) as drivers pit to stay on the right tyres.

Just so long as conditions don't get so extreme as to cause a red flag, its a very fine line though in those kind of conditions.

Well to be honest those kind of conditions will cause a red anyway these days.
Malaysian met is forecasting thunderstorms for all three days now. Hmmm.
"Felipe baby stay cool we're bringing you the white visor."

Fans mudsliding & the Ice (cream?) man enjoying a red flag dessert.

Awwwh. Gotta love Malaysia.
Quote from samjh :Malaysian met is forecasting thunderstorms for all three days now. Hmmm.

Thunderstorms are almost always forecast in that area of the world. Pretty much 100% humidty 100% of the time!
Quote from Timo1992 :and later on they couldnt start it again, because it was already too dark for racing coz of the late start time >.<

The main reason was because they were running out of the 2 hour time limit, IIRC.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Thunderstorms are almost always forecast in that area of the world. Pretty much 100% humidty 100% of the time!

What? They live underwater?
Well they get enough rain/floodwater to warrant building a huge flood tunnel that is quite amazing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_Tunnel

If you can, try and watch the megastructures episode about it from national geographic channel

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG