The online racing simulator
I'll be there.

Got seats at Turn 1. I hope it doesn't rain too much...but I hope it rains a bit!
yahoo.

DON'T DO DRUGS!!!
Free Practice 1/2 results.

Vettel should walk this one. Car looks so freakin' stable. The McLaren's are relying heavily on their f-duct thingy-ma-jig for ultimate pace because the car really isn't all that stable. It's good but not great.
#30 - JCTK
Quote from Intrepid :Vettel should walk this one. Car looks so freakin' stable. The McLaren's are relying heavily on their f-duct thingy-ma-jig for ultimate pace because the car really isn't all that stable. It's good but not great.

Vettel should have and could have walked the last two... About time his luck changes~

the f-duct thingy is good for straight line speed, which should aid the McLaren with running more wings, but its cars are still way behind in terms of downforce. McLaren is making a statement or two with its practice pace, but the Red Bull really should walk this one. It's embarassing for them to have the fastest car by a country mile, and yet only got 18 points from the first two races... Which is exactly how much Renault have got thanks to Kubica's 2nd place in Oz...
#31 - 5haz
It could lead to an interesting championship fight, between a slower reliable car and a faster unreliable car, the championship could end up being very close as Red Bull are incredibly fast but are constantly frustrated by car problems and Mclaren are slower but generally more reliable and make gains whenever Red Bull mess up.
Quote from 5haz :It could lead to an interesting championship fight, between a slower reliable car and a faster unreliable car, the championship could end up being very close as Red Bull are incredibly fast but are constantly frustrated by car problems and Mclaren are slower but generally more reliable and make gains whenever Red Bull mess up.

Mclaren haven't been in a situation like this for awhile lol.
Quote from 5haz :It could lead to an interesting championship fight, between a slower reliable car and a faster unreliable car,

Or a really dull championship where the title contenders never race eachother, either a Red Bull wins by 5 minutes or it gets passed while sitting at the side of the track on fire.
#34 - 5haz
Quote from thisnameistaken :Or a really dull championship where the title contenders never race eachother, either a Red Bull wins by 5 minutes or it gets passed while sitting at the side of the track on fire.

We all know Mclaren are capable of closing massive performance gaps throughout a season, and I'm sure Red Bull will be working towards sorting out some of their reliability issues. So they probrably will get to race eachother.
Quote from 5haz : So they probrably will get to race eachother.

correction: they will get to follow closely behind one another, but not be able to pass.
#36 - 5haz
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :correction: they will get to follow closely behind one another, but not be able to pass.

Well thats what passes for racing these days. :doh:

Saying that, there was enough passing in Australia to satisfy me, even if cars did get stuck behind eachother too.
lol at a teenager saying "these days", stop trying to be more grown up than you are, kid.
#38 - 5haz
Well that is the way it is, overtaking is difficult according to all the experts, these days.

Why haven't you ****ed off yet? If you're going to try and start arguments could you please at least make sense, thankyou.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :lol at a teenager saying "these days", stop trying to be more grown up than you are, kid.

There's plenty of archive footage available to everyone which backs up what he said...
Come on, your 17(?) not 60, next it will be "back in my day...".
#41 - 5haz
The truth is there is less overtaking in F1 than there was even 10 years ago, I was alive 10 years ago.
Are you sitting comfortably? Read and learn, bitch...

This would be due to the increased aerodynamic refinement and therefore sensitivity of the cars to tiny disturbances in air flow. 10 years ago the cars carried simple wings which were similar in profile from one end to the other and the sidepods were square. They did not have sculpted wings and sidepods which are designed to work really well but only within a narrow envelope, a nice clean airflow as you would find in a wind tunnel.

Also the narrowing of the room left by the rules making the cars more and more similar to eachother. This 'narrowing' has partly been an attempt by the rule makers to improve the racing (as well as cut soaring costs), but has actually made things worse.

Things started to go wrong about 1998 when in response to increasing speeds the FIA narrowed the width of the cars and introduced grooved tyres, this shifted the balance of grip produced by the cars a bit further away from the tyres and more towards aerodynamics, after all, if you want to built the fastest car and your tyre grip has just been slashed, what better way than to work on increasing grip through downforce...

This caused the teams to work to produce cars which generated every last % of downforce they could within reason to reclaim the lost grip and of course get that performance edge over everyone else, resulting in cars that were over dependant on aerodynamic grip which is a bit less reliable and predictable than old fashioned tyre grip.

With every season the problem grew until 2008 it got to a point where flollowing another car closely was pretty much impossible, and the rule changes made by the OWG seem to have only caused a minor improvement blah blah blah blah.

Thats my 2 cents.

Do you have a problem with the fact that I know my history? What regarding Formula 1 can you contribute to this thread? Oh, thats right, nothing.

You hold some kind of bitchy 14 year old girl grudge and are just trying to get even and make yourself feel better, I'd just give up trying to start on people if I were you because you'll only get embarrased and humiliated every time. A good example being your I want S3 whining thread, you were backed up by about three or four people and resorted to screaming and sending humiliated PMs full of ALLCAPS in an attempt to vent your frustration.

And according to you I'm the one thats the troll? Your move, prick.
I'm not an idiot, i know why there is less overtaking in the later years of F1.

I'm not deliberately trying to start an argument with you. You try to act beyond your years and it's something I've noticed alot and gets on my nerves tbh. Just accept there is less overtaking (not just you but everyone) if you don't like it, then don't watch it. Just cut the shit and stop acting. I've already explained my thread, the amount of PM's and messages i had from people agreeing with me far outweighed the amount of people who didn't. Most of the people who disagreed with me in that thread were fanboys, trolls or people relatively new to LFS.

Just because you are satisfied with the content (though i doubt your actually satisfied) doesn't mean everyone else should be. Theres equal right for people to express their displeasure at LFS as people expressing their pleasure. Everyone has their own opinion (including you, even though yours might be slightly deluded). If everyone had the same opinion as you and mentality i'd actually rather die in a fire.
#43 - 5haz
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I'm not an idiot

Really?

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I'm not deliberately trying to start an argument with you.

Really? What is your business here then? You still haven't added anything even slightly related to F1 yet.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :You try to act beyond your years and it's something I've noticed alot and gets on my nerves tbh.

Oh sorry I forgot that its cool to act stupid.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Just accept there is less overtaking (not just you but everyone) if you don't like it, then don't watch it.

Thats the spirit! The same kind of attitude that got men to the moon and split the atom amongst other things, not.

LFS is just the personal plaything of three guys who have kindly decided to share it with us, when i first showed up here I whinged for more stuff too but then I realised that the devs create and update LFS for themselves and we're just guests at their party. You wouldn't go to a party and complain loudly that the food was shit and that you were bored, would you?

F1 is a very different matter. If you're unhappy with LFS you can **** off elsewhere, there is only one F1, so if you're unhappy you can't just sit and accept that things are wrong, there needs to be a change.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Just cut the shit and stop acting.

I know a lot about the history of F1 and motorsport in general, I have quite a formal writing style because I have to write a lot of essays, its not acting, anyway I'd rather play smart than play dumb with all the other wiggers.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :the amount of PM's and messages i had from people agreeing with me far outweighed the amount of people who didn't.

Oh pearcy, you're such a hero, saviour of LFS! Why don't you lead your flock to pastures new?

You are one of many wannabe rebel leaders on this forum, standing on your soap box claiming to have massive support and angrily bashing on the dev team's door, you should give up because the sad, cruel reality is the devs don't give a shit what any of us think, and I doubt that will change any time soon.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Most of the people who disagreed with me in that thread were fanboys, trolls or people relatively new to LFS.

Trolls, fanboys and noobs are all internet speak for 'people who I don't agree with'.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Just because you are satisfied with the content (though i doubt your actually satisfied) doesn't mean everyone else should be. Theres equal right for people to express their displeasure at LFS as people expressing their pleasure.

Its not so much the complaining, more the way that you threw a tantrum because some people didn't agree with you. Did you expect to chuck a thread like that into this forum and have everyone line up to give you a high 5?

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Everyone has their own opinion (including you, even though yours might be slightly deluded).

What should I do then? just agree with everything you say? I've heard this all before from so many others. You're one of those people who likes to preach freedom of speech when its your opinion in question, but when confronted with someone elses its angry PM time all of a sudden. In reality you want to have it all your way and you act like a 7 year old when you don't get it.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :If everyone had the same opinion as you and mentality i'd actually rather die in a fire.

We live in hope.
Just stop trying to be something your not (tristan's little brother). I'm not going to continue arguing with you because it's pointless, we're both far to stubborn to agree with valid points each of us may make. Eventually it just gets silly anyway like you post above.

And yeah, you can stop over exaggerating the PM i sent you now, it was just a response to some of the stupid stuff you said, your reply's were equally as angry and childish. Atleast im not acting like a 7 year old girl prancing around in high heels pretending to be "grown up".
#45 - 5haz
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Just stop trying to be something your not (tristan's little brother).

The only thing me and Tristan have in common is that we think you're a dickhead, I think thats probrably what you're picking up on.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I'm not going to continue arguing with you because it's pointless, we're both far to stubborn to agree with valid points each of us may make. Eventually it just gets silly anyway like you post above.

I love how you try to make out I started this.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :And yeah, you can stop over exaggerating the PM i sent you now

No really it was full of block capitals and 'tough guy' talk.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :your reply's were equally as angry and childish.

I thought I'd talk to you on a level you might understand, seeing as you seem to get annoyed whenever I talk normally.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Atleast im not acting like a 7 year old girl prancing around in high heels pretending to be "grown up".

No really, I am grown up, at least in comparison to you.
No i'm not, yes you are, no i'm not. I'm bored already.
#47 - 5haz
But you still replied, because you always have to have the last word. Don't act like this isn't your fault.
Just passing by.... :surfing:
Yep.
a big difference in my opinion is the engine freeze, back when they were still developing the engines there was a bigger gap in power between them so overtakes could attibute from this.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG