The online racing simulator
Quote from tristancliffe :Which won't help the racing. If anything they'll look worse because of the small brake discs. Or they then allow bigger discs, and then the brakes become too good, which hurts the racing, and the drivers will have to be even smoother than before (low profiles preferring smaller slip angles, generally), rather than allowing the cars to get out of shape (which is often a good way to improve racing).

I'm dead against it.

whilsat i agree it's not needed and won't on it's own help, i doubt it will make much difference to the brakes as even with their current size the discs have more than enough heat capacity since they went carbon, it's the pads that usually fail (excluding manufacturing failures)

maybe they're thinking that by going low profile they can achieve a few things, low side walls may allow softer compounds and also reduce rolling resistance and it will force teams to actually use the suspension for the car rather than the tyre sidewalls. one further effect maybe that a lot of the cost to bridgestone is in the construction needed to support the aero loads on such a large sidewalls. it may also be a partiallly marketing sop to whoever supplies the tyres as to joe public the tyres look very old fashioned compared to the modern low profile tyres on road cars despite the opposite being true
Damn i read it wrong, why does it seem the FIA have no idea how to make a spectacle.

The front tires must be returned to previous width, and the rears should be wider and low profile can be ok as long as there wider.

I think people would agree with me here, KERS is lame its just artifical racing at its finest, i want proper overtakes not due to a button that makes you faster.
Quote from Mustafur :Damn i read it wrong, why does it seem the FIA have no idea how to make a spectacle.

The front tires must be returned to previous width, and the rears should be wider and low profile can be ok as long as there wider.

I think people would agree with me here, KERS is lame its just artifical racing at its finest, i want proper overtakes not due to a button that makes you faster.

it must be either McLaren or Williams that bought up the KERS thing again~ McLaren had the best systems, Williams is having theirs tested and ran by Porsche...
Apprently michelin will only join next year if they can have low profile tyres.
Rain is stopping we many continue soon.
Quote from Mustafur :Apprently michelin will only join next year if they can have low profile tyres.

then screw them~

but I guess running Michelin would at least sound better than having some Korean Handcock tyres...
Quote from JCTK :then screw them~

but I guess running Michelin would at least sound better than having some Korean Handcock tyres...

The more tyre manufactuers the better.
Probably a good move, although it comes too late. The call should have been made before the winter tests, not after. Drivers have been complaining about the useless mirrors for years.
Quote from samjh :Probably a good move, although it comes too late. The call should have been made before the winter tests, not after. Drivers have been complaining about the useless mirrors for years.

same goes for the double diffuser, why are they banning it from next year but not this year~?
Quote from JCTK :then screw them~

the problem is that with bridgestone still apparently commited to pulling out F1 is currently without any tyres for next year, they could run on the rims but i suspect that will make aero grip even more important
I saw it coming, but I still grinned
Quote from JCTK :same goes for the double diffuser, why are they banning it from next year but not this year~?

Not sure.

Obviously the FIA can't just ban the multi-deck diffusers this year due to regulatory and practical reasons; regulatory because they can't introduce such a huge rule change mid-season, and practical because the teams will be massively hamstrung if such a vital component was to be banned. But they could have announced them banned for this season, last year.

Logic: the FIA has none (or at most, very little).
banning double diffusers may reduce the turbulence a little bit though.
From what I heard some were going about DDDs reducing turbulence?
Quote from samjh :Not sure.

Obviously the FIA can't just ban the multi-deck diffusers this year due to regulatory and practical reasons; regulatory because they can't introduce such a huge rule change mid-season, and practical because the teams will be massively hamstrung if such a vital component was to be banned. But they could have announced them banned for this season, last year.

Logic: the FIA has none (or at most, very little).

yeah that's what I was thinking, why didn't they announce it last year and get it banned this year.

the good thing about FIA is, no one can predict WTH they're upto and WTF they're gonna do~
Quote from tinvek :the problem is that with bridgestone still apparently commited to pulling out F1 is currently without any tyres for next year, they could run on the rims but i suspect that will make aero grip even more important

we can rely on the Koreans with their Handcock tyres~
-
(Dik Dolan) DELETED by Dik Dolan : posted in wrong thread
Quote from 5haz :From what I heard some were going about DDDs reducing turbulence?

DDDs don't reduce turbulence. It is better at producing downforce without the drag penalty of wings (ie. a more efficient downforce generator than wings), but it still causes a lot of problems for following cars.

Quote from JCTK :we can rely on the Koreans with their Handcock tyres~

Hankook tyres are actually pretty decent. Watch out for the Taiwanese with their Nankangs though!
Quote from JCTK :we can rely on the Koreans with their Handcock tyres~

I'm sure they'd excel at sticky short stint tyres
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I'm sure they'd excel at sticky short stint tyres

the Virgins would excel with the Handcock~
Quote from JCTK :the Virgins would excel with the Handcock~

but... didn't the virgins get wet already on saturday?
If i wasn't so sick i'd be crying of laughter.
hearing that singing made me felt sick... lol

PS. McLaren said they'll have some updates on their suspension for China, which would aid in qualifying. Red Bull responded by saying McLaren better becareful, and Red Bull would protest it if the McLaren system enabled them to adjust their ride height between qualifying and the race...

So basically, McLaren thought they know what Red Bull is upto, while Red Bull is 100% confident what McLaren thought is wrong... lol
Well... During the qualy build up on BBC, Eddie did ask Horner if he can assure everyone 100% that RedBull have nothing fishy going on. Instead of saying, "yes" he carved his way around that answer, which to me tells otherwise...

But FIA looked at it and was happy so....

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG