The online racing simulator
Quote from hyntty :But why has he had the job in the first place? I'm sure there were "better" drivers wanting his job..

AFAIK he was the best subsitute on the market last year after Fisichella switched to Ferrari. Since he did a decent job, coming back after 2 years of inactivity racing wise and getting close to Sutil's pace straight away, I guess Force India decided to keep him for 2010.
I think Chandhok would do better in the same seat. Whilst giving the team an Indian driver
Don't think so...in terms of credentials Liuzzi is a few notch above Chandhok, and even if that accounts for nothing, he still have more mileage and at least some proven performances.

If VJ thinks Chandhok is not ready to race for force India even if commerically it is hugely attractive, than I believe he has a point.
Chandhok, Davidson and Brundle should commentate for bbc next year, they all talk sense and in a way that the non F1 geeks can understand aswell.
Quote from DejaVu :Chandhok, Davidson and Brundle should commentate for bbc next year, they all talk sense and in a way that the non F1 geeks can understand aswell.

Damn straight. Those 3 would make the best commentary line up. Definately. Chandhok seems like a natural, you'd be mistaken for thinking that it was his first choice of job, he does a hell of a better job then Legard.
I would love to see Ant. Davidson back in F1. He is probably one of the most underrated drivers in the past few years.
Here is a nice article about what RBR have done to make there front end lower so the front wing flexes so badly.

Austin GP layout

Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :I would love to see Ant. Davidson back in F1. He is probably one of the most underrated drivers in the past few years.

I disagree, hes had hes chances.
Quote from rc10racer :Here is a nice article about what RBR have done to make there front end lower so the front wing flexes so badly.

Austin GP layout

Im assuming the windy bit after the first corner is in the hilly part?

If so its looking really good.
So a bit of Becketts and Turn 8 in there.
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
Half the Austin track looks a bit Abby Dabby
Quote from samjh :Heidfeld would be a very good choice for Sauber... if they can afford him. Major sponsorship seems to be sadly absent at Sauber.

After the job they've done this year with basically no resources, maybe that'll change.
Seems to be half-decent for a change. But why is that T12-13-14-15 complex for? Typically Tilke-ish to put random 2nd gear corners for no apparent reasons but making the track longer. Remember Nurburgring's T1-2-3-4, Bahrein's endu layout or even Abu Dhabi's last corners?
Maybe that's what it's for
Attached images
7NkA4.jpg
-
(JackDaMaster) DELETED by JackDaMaster
I didn't make the graphic
But wasn't T1 in Austria a 90° corner?

Edit: Nevermind, misread your post -.-
Quote from Gerdoner :Maybe that's what it's for

Interresting. Some similarities are flagrant indeed, especially for Istambul T8.

Don't understand why putting the Hockenheim stadium there anyway, it's not challenging driving-wise, there won't be any overtaking opportunities and it won't be even telegenic because the cameras will be miles from the "action".

And hmm... Putting some of the best(:really corners of the world on one track was also Magny-Cours aim 20 years ago... Didn't work well at all. But it'll be different with some relief I guess, which was something Magny lacked a lot.

But oh well

Quote from Gerdoner :
But wasn't T1 in Austria a 90° corner?

He said T2, not T1
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Don't understand why putting the Hockenheim stadium there anyway, it's not challenging driving-wise, there won't be any overtaking opportunities and it won't be even telegenic because the cameras will be miles from the "action".

Probably because it gives them the chance to put in huge general-admission grandstands and pack in the ticket buyers (hopefully).
This, and it has an elevation change, might make T15 interesting :S
Quote from Mustafur :Im liking every bit of it apart from the 4 cylinder part.

And the engines better have some rev, if its all turbo power then it isn't really F1.

Would be better if there were still cheaper, naturally-aspirated V8's to choose for the cash-strapped teams. Like in the old times.

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG