AMD Phenom 9850 Quad core 2.5Ghz
4GBDDR2 Corsair
xTB HDD
Geforce 8800 GTS 756MB
Sound: Soundblaster X-fi extreme
Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 Gaming serie
W7 Ultimate
How would this run BF: BC2?

Well you defiently need the quad to run the game decently lol, the gfx card is proberly fine, but im sure the ATI would be better, however I dont think ATI runs very well in this game,

You will be able to run it anyway, just depends on if u dont mind on medium graphics etc. maybe lower i dont know

Have a look at canyourunit.com

PS. dont go for console Lool
Quote from Scrabby :I don't like these sort of games on consoles

Smart boy.

Any more ram will not help performance in BC2, since the game is 32-bit, because it uses something like 1,5GB max according to the developers.
I'll just go for it... I'm playing BF: BC2 on my laptop atm but really sux...

Intel T9400 @ 2.53Ghz
9700M GT 512MB
4GB DDR3
bla bla bla
Not to bad but i'm gonna sell my laptop so I can have an upgradable PC again.
Quote from Scrabby :I'll just go for it... I'm playing BF: BC2 on my laptop atm but really sux...

Intel T9400 @ 2.53Ghz
9700M GT 512MB
4GB DDR3
bla bla bla
Not to bad but i'm gonna sell my laptop so I can have an upgradable PC again.

U have the game then? Why dont u just try it on ur PC lol? Also them specs seem pretty good, what settings are u running? Have u tried DX9 mode, HBAO off etc.?
Quote from lukelfs :Well you defiently need the quad to run the game decently lol

I'm running the game at roughly 50fps on my Core2 Duo 2.6GHz (OC@~3GHz) and a ATI Radeon 4870. Sure I get the occasional FPS drop but it's not too bad, not nearly bad enough to make me want go buy a new CPU.

I did, however, tweak the graphics settings a bit (altough it didn't really increase the FPS much, which actually makes sense since the CPU is the bottleneck, not the GPU!):

Quote from settings.ini :
[Graphics]
Effects=medium
Soldiers=high
Vehicles=low
Overgrowth=low
Undergrowth=low
StaticObjects=low
Terrain=low
Shadows=medium
Bloom=false
HSAO=false
MSAA=0
Water=medium
MainQuality=custom
Texture=low
DxVersion=9
Aniso=0
Detail=medium
RenderAheadLimit=2
Fov=85

Quote from lukelfs :U have the game then? Why dont u just try it on ur PC lol? Also them specs seem pretty good, what settings are u running? Have u tried DX9 mode, HBAO off etc.?

Because i am looking for that pc!
Currently only have a laptop
Quote from felplacerad :I'm running the game at roughly 50fps on my Core2 Duo 2.6GHz (OC@~3GHz) and a ATI Radeon 4870. Sure I get the occasional FPS drop but it's not too bad, not nearly bad enough to make me want go buy a new CPU.

I did, however, tweak the graphics settings a bit (altough it didn't really increase the FPS much, which actually makes sense since the CPU is the bottleneck, not the GPU!):

Thats pretty much how im running it, My CPU is dual core 3.0, two 8800GT's, 4gb ram, 1920x1200, i get around 25-40 fps, which isnt very good lol
Quote from Scrabby :Guys i need your opinion:
AMD Phenom 9850 Quad core 2.5Ghz
4GBDDR2 Corsair
xTB HDD
Geforce 8800 GTS 756MB
Sound: Soundblaster X-fi extreme
Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 Gaming serie
W7 Ultimate
How would this run BF: BC2?

First off all what resolution do you game at?, i don't get why no one ever puts there resolution in there post when asking for pc advice on gaming.
for now at 1280x1024

Might get a better screen, but like i've allready said i haven't got the PC yet!
Should be enough then.
Yeah, 1280x1024 is fine, anything above 1440x900 is where things start to slow down dramatically, I would get the ATI card tbh, not the 8800gts as its pretty old, or get something like a Nvidia GTX260
Anyone sniped the pilot of a moving helicopter with your first shot of the game, recieved 70 points for a marksman headshot, then watched the helicopter crash, blow up and kill the two gunners and recieve even more points?

I have :P

Seriously a one in a million shot
Quote from brandons48 :Anyone sniped the pilot of a moving helicopter with your first shot of the game, recieved 70 points for a marksman headshot, then watched the helicopter crash, blow up and kill the two gunners and recieve even more points?

I have :P

Seriously a one in a million shot

Nope , but I did noscope a chopper poilt before, but I have to admit he wasnt that far away, still was a lucky kill lol
Shot twice at the chopper, both dead. First the pilot, and then the replacement pilot.

Also fun, shoot a marked humvee with 3 people in it, gives alot points,

And I had a nice headshot, from begin, to other end of the map, gave me 531 marksman points.
anyone else "repaired" an enemy snipers head ?
Lol?

I did have a headshot with the repair tool when I was at my mates house, It was so funny, you hear that drill, and all the blood comes of the head.
Haha, I did that to someone, not a sniper though.

He ran out of ammo, so did I, He tried to reload, I switched to my reapair tool and got him with it
In the beta I was running around with the repair tool, at the area where the chopper spawns, near the walls that u can break, I was just randomly breaking them down, someone just happened to be behind one of them lool, was well funny
Does this game run better on a quad core or will a dual core suffice?
Quote from anttt69 :Does this game run better on a quad core or will a dual core suffice?

More cores will do better.

At my mates PC (AMD X2) the CPU is the bottleneck, he can set the settings low or high, and the FPS stays the same. And CPU usage is 100%

So check your CPU usage, and from there out you can say if your CPU is a bottleneck whether or not.
one of the cores is used for the sound. so 3 or 4 cores will do better than 2.
How the hell does the tracer dart work? I've searched on the internet, people say you aim at the box for a bit, then aim into the sky and shoot. This only works half of the time =/
I think you can only aim a little bit away - i.e not so much than the rocket has to go more than 100 or so degrees in the opposite direction of fire.
I don't aim that much higher. If I was hiding I would be behind a wall and shoot over it =/
Quote from Alex_Ward :How the hell does the tracer dart work? I've searched on the internet, people say you aim at the box for a bit, then aim into the sky and shoot. This only works half of the time =/

I believe the trick is to;

1) Attach the dart at a target,
2) Wait until the distance indicator appears below (?) the red square (takes < 5 seconds but feels like forever ),
3) Fire, preferably up into the air to avoid having the rocket hit an object (the rocket will travel in the direction you aimed for about 50 meters before homing in on the target).

battlefield: bad company 2
(1054 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG