The online racing simulator
An exciting F1 race! Wait what?

Button & Kubica, amazing driving, Alonso was pretty fast too, too bad Massa the fool kept him up. Oh and Webber, he is a king. Hamilton was pretty good also.
Quote from Intrepid :To divert the topic a bit

eerrm... RBR! Dudes??? Vettel should have 50points in the bag!

Fastest car by a country mile... but only 2 points for the Oz GP...
It was a brilliant race but im cba getting involved in this discussion because you all claim to know something. Unless you sit on the pit wall reading Lewis's tyre data then stfu, you don't know anything, his tyres looked the same as Webber's to me. He isn't as smooth as Jenson, no. But that doesn't mean his tyres couldn't have lasted.
Quote from Intrepid :Hungary last year Hamilton was very good with his tyres, and at the next GP. It's a myth about this tyre thing. In testing Bridgestone even said Hamilton was very good at maintaining the tyre whereas Button was struggling.

I cannot find anywhere anyone from bridgestone saying that but it's interesting. Please direct me.

I think you only need to look at them driving to see its not a myth but if bridge has some data proving me wrong I'd take that. Maybe Lewis has gradually learned to nurse them while still looking very agressive
Im sure if Hamilton was on a one stopper he wouldn't have been so aggresive, i think all this is from china where he went to the canvas. That was 2 years ago, not seen him have much trouble since and his tyres looked the same as Jenson's. Was a good drive by Jenson but the tyre choice was a "ahh **** it" kind of decision after Lewis passed him, Jenson won because of stratergy, Lewis got where he was with driving, there's the difference for me.
Awh come on. There are many cases on many different past GPs that show Hamilton is hard on the rears. If that has changed I have yet to see it on the onboard cams. Don't turn this around as the others having to prove he actually was hard on tyres. YOU need to prove to the others he isn't anymore.

Be neutral and LOOK & HEAR how they drive for a second.
I looked at him drive today, he was a bit harder on the rears than the other but that's down to him being on fresh rubber, that was the benefit of getting new tyres, being able to push harder. You all go on like he some aggressive maniac full locking every corner, he isn't that bad ffs.
Quote from Jertje :We might get to see the process of Anakin Skywalker turning into Darth Vader here

[tasteless racial joke]He can't......he's already on the dark side when he was born. [/tasteless racial joke]

(don't ban me)

Button beating Lewis convincingly, and added with more of Lewis whining, this is going to be huge.
I think Hamilton was 100% right to vent some frustration as they let slip an easy 2nd place as he was a half second faster than Kubica and the two Ferrari's. I would not look at Hamilton's driving style here but the car itself was very good on the tyres as showed by Jenson's pace as he was still going faster and faster as the fuel level dropped, the Mclarens looked much better on tyres than any of the other manufacturers.
Quote from JJ72 :[tasteless racial joke]He can't......he's already on the dark side when he was born. [/tasteless racial joke]

(don't ban me)

Button beating Lewis convincingly, and added with more of Lewis whining, this is going to be huge

He didn't look convincing getting overtaken within 2 laps by a driver who started 7 places behind him.

Jenson made a smart move and got slicks at THE perfect time, just like Hamilton got lucky in Monaco in 2008. After that he had Kubica acting as a rear gunner while Hamilton drove a stormer. I believe Kubica has been quoted as saying Hamilton could've gone on to catch button had he got past him.

Whitmarsh did say hamilton had lost about 10 points of downforce through the collisions with Massa and the first Webber one.

10 points down on D/F and should finished 2nd maybe 1st. He got screwed by the team. Jenson did well no doubt but when races are decided by tyre choice luck to use the terms 'beaten convincingly' just aint right
Quote from PhilS13 :I cannot find anywhere anyone from bridgestone saying that but it's interesting. Please direct me.

AFAIK it's about turning more vigorously that maintains a higher and more stable temperature in the tyres.
Quote from three_jump :Yes. If you look at the stats from lap 33 on or so (Hamilton pit), you'll notice that any passing (sucessfull) manouvers are practicly not existent. Button and Kubica were set on their positions after lap 10 when everyone changed to dry tires. Having a close pack is ok, even Kubica getting a deserved 2nd, but the fact that nearly noone was even able to make a move after it was dry doesn't qualify for me as a good race. Sorry.

+1. Hamilton was catching up the Ferrari at what ? over 1sec per lap? Still unable to get close enough to make a move. Overtaking stays nearly impossible under dry conditions.
Quote from Intrepid :Jenson made a smart move and got slicks at THE perfect time, just like Hamilton got lucky in Monaco in 2008.

Oh...he got lucky....someone divine must have magically gave him the idea to pit at the perfect time.

Quote from Intrepid :Whitmarsh did say hamilton had lost about 10 points of downforce through the collisions with Massa and the first Webber one.

Surviving the race and keep the car in one piece, picking your spot to pass is all part of driving....you know he wouldn't have to go through all that if he did the logical thing in qualifying......you know, be in front of button and perheps 2nd or 1st on the grid.

He could do that.....dunno why he chosen not to though! Probably master strategy of his part.

Quote from Intrepid :10 points down on D/F and should finished 2nd maybe 1st. He got screwed by the team.

Oh yes, cos Lewis Hamilton is so awesome he let his team decides all his strategy without bothering his perfect driving, he is also the perfect team player who obeys all orders although the decision sounds incredibly stupid as you have explained.

I also appreciates his ability to give direct immediate feedback to the team mid race, when he is driving so so perfectly.
Quote from hyntty :AFAIK it's about turning more vigorously that maintains a higher and more stable temperature in the tyres.

Yah that's what I thought at first but I didn't even find the actual comment to verify.
I don't remember Heikki really complaining last year when McLaren pretty much f*cked up his season with their sh*tty strategies I've never liked Hamilton, but he's beginning to turn to a complete assh*le. I guess he just doesn't understand that he will face problems during his career too like everyone else. Suck it up and be a man, Hammie Where's Anthony when you need him? Hamilton racing in the streets of Australia... you're driving an F1 car, isn't that enough? Lewis needs a good ol' whipping
Wow, Lewis can do no right. /me is waiting for Tristans report from his Hamilton bashing clipboard.

Buttons call was perfect, but i think it was probably just a knee jerk reaction more than him feeling the grip levels of the track. Lewis needs to stop relying on the team so much when HE should know what to do, it cost him a podium at melbourne last year too. He is actually a team player (Every race he wins he tells the team thanks no?) but when he gets let down by the team he can loose his head a bit.

I am fed up with Red Bullsh** Racing and their stupidly unreliable cars. Vettel needs to get a drive for a better team. He should be a world champion on his way to a 2nd championship this year. Webber basically ruined Hamiltons week. The call for retirement, which imo was said as a joke but taken out of proportion by the media as usual, is probably just after todays race. It's a bit like DC's last season.
Ferrari used engines #3 in 2nd race. By now they'll need every engine to last near 3 races. Not good!

I am just like McDonalds claun 'what the f*** am I reading' on Intrepids posts about Hamilton 'easy on tires' driving. Sci-Fi
Come on, stop bashing Hamilton for an honest reaction instead of the typical public relations "bla bla". Of course he is disappointed, he is there to win not to come 2nd... Just shows that he is very motivated.

No big deal, so move on next week.

EDIT:
But he has partly to blame himself too. As he doesn't need to refuel he could ignore the team when he thinks that the tires are good and just go on
Quote from GianniC :Agreed. You get some nice racing of some cars catching up fast, doing 1,5 - 2 secs faster lap times, then they get behind the corner, right under the rear wing and.... that's it. Unbelieveable and in my eyes proving that there is something wrong.

Decent race, better than previous one.Though I keep having my same complaints so...

Well, that's what you get when you have the bright idea to limit front mechanical traction by making the tyres narrower... Every idiot can tell you taking away mechanical traction when your downforce is shot anyway will not improve overtaking, but leave it to the buffoons at the OWG to get it wrong yet again...

You gotta ask if there is even one decent engineer on that team or whether that group consists only of empty heads acting important...
Quote from BenjiMC :Wow, Lewis can do no right. /me is waiting for Tristans report from his Hamilton bashing clipboard.

Buttons call was perfect, but i think it was probably just a knee jerk reaction more than him feeling the grip levels of the track. Lewis needs to stop relying on the team so much when HE should know what to do, it cost him a podium at melbourne last year too. He is actually a team player (Every race he wins he tells the team thanks no?) but when he gets let down by the team he can loose his head a bit. Some of his passing attempts and successes were breathtaking, especially the one into the fast left right chicane (turn 11?).

I am fed up with Red Bullsh** Racing and their stupidly unreliable cars. Vettel needs to get a drive for a better team. He should be a world champion on his way to a 2nd championship this year. Webber basically ruined Hamiltons week. The call for retirement, which imo was said as a joke but taken out of proportion by the media as usual, is probably just after todays race. It's a bit like DC's last season.

Couldn't agree more.

Hamilton makes F1 so much more exciting than it would be without him, I love watching him on the track. So what if he's not a likeable guy off the track? Who gives a **** seriously, and why? What the **** is wrong with you lot? On the track I know he's always gonna try everything to get the best result possible, and he's ALWAYS wringing the car for everything it's worth.

Webber has had an awful weekend, making far too many mistakes and putting himself in dangerous situations. I personally would have been furious in Hamilton's situation, though I do agree he needs to start making his own decisions regarding strategy rather than relying on the team all the time, still it added to the race!! I think Webber should be penalised (10 place grid penalty next race is fair IMO) after outbraking himself and taking out Hamilton, it was looking like Hamilton had a real shot at taking Alonso and potentially Massa and Kubica there. Alonso's defending up to that point though was of course brilliant, always compromising the entry phase to get a better exit and keep Lewis back.

I feel sorry for Vettel again, he deserves better. Awesome job by Kubica though, and of course Button, making the right call at the right time (though no doubt influenced by losing out to Hamilton on the inters), should make for some great inter team battles this year!
Quote from three_jump :Come on, stop bashing Hamilton for an honest reaction instead of the typical public relations "bla bla". Of course he is disappointed, he is there to win not to come 2nd... Just shows that he is very motivated.

No big deal, so move on next week.

EDIT:
But he has partly to blame himself too. As he doesn't need to refuel he could ignore the team when he thinks that the tires are good and just go on

and what would the reaction be if Lewis didn't pitted and it turned out that pitting was a good idea~?

he knows he gets plenty of attention from the media and the fans, especially after what happened on Friday night, and he could have easily brush it away by just saying the normal PR s**t of "we win as a team and we lose as a team", but well, too late for that now.
luckily the media havn't made a big deal out of it, yet, but better wait till we see the headlines tmr morning~

whenever Lewis did something that isn't really right (or a failure to turn left XD), it's inevitable that lots of things would be said about it... lol

on a sidenote, not much seems to have been said about Schumacher's ambitous move round the outside into T1. Yes it was a racing incident, but since he was the guy that came from behind making the really late braking move, he should've known very well that there were two cars down there on the inside~?
Quote from JCTK :
on a sidenote, not much seems to have been said about Schumacher's ambitous move round the outside into T1. Yes it was a racing incident, but since he was the guy that came from behind making the really late braking move, he should've known very well that there were two cars down there on the inside~?

On german TV they blamed Button for basicly being there... The way I see it Alonso simply ignored Button being next to him and turned into the corner causing him to spin and the rest that happend. Normal racing accident is what is was and surprisingly also what the race marshals (Kristensen) seemed to say by not even investigating it.
Red Bull just can't turn their car's pace into results can they?

Great move by Button's team though.
That's what they get for skipping testing and staying in the wind tunnel instead.

I wish that we got this weather every race. I was absolutely delighted to see that these cars can still pass each other provided they have the right driver (Not Webber!). Could only have been happier if Schumi and Alonso hadn't gotten in that tangle in turn 1, but they were screwed as soon as they were 3 wide.
Quote from Rappa Z :That's what they get for skipping testing and staying in the wind tunnel instead.

True, but the drivers didn't exactly help themselves much either today.

Quote from Rappa Z :I wish that we got this weather every race.

I'd rather we got this race every weather.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG