The online racing simulator
Quote from Silox :Looks good, Bose, but the back wheel of the right car has the wrong colour?

why not?

what bothers me more is the angle of the front rim

ok... is my any better now?
Attached images
fzr.png
Quote from John5200 :why not?

what bothers me more is the angle of the front rim

ok... is my any better now?

I don't like rear lights and the sign on spoiler (it's kinda blurry). Rest of it is eye candy.
Quote from Silox :Looks good, Bose, but the back wheel of the right car has the wrong colour?

Was just a little thin to make it look different.

John, you mean the front XRT wheel? It needs more camber?
Quote from matijapkc :I don't like rear lights and the sign on spoiler (it's kinda blurry). Rest of it is eye candy.

yeah, the rear lights kill me. Anyhow I can´t make them look good. And the skin is from the render my skin section so not my fault
Quote from Bose321 :Was just a little thin to make it look different.

John, you mean the front XRT wheel? It needs more camber?

Well it looks like the camber goes into the wrong direction. Maybe I´m wrong though.
Quote from John5200 :
Well it looks like the camber goes into the wrong direction. Maybe I´m wrong though.

there is no camber, I'll try to add some later tomorrow...
Hi all! I´m back again. Now I´m "making" a new body kit on my XRG.

Here some tests. Hope u like it.

C&C are wellcome.
Attached images
xrgti  1.jpg
xrgti 2.jpg
xrgti.jpg
nice modeling loko

Also i made the lolwagon! w.i.p. but almost done, made it for the lolz only
Attached images
xrt clubwagon .jpg
xrt clubwagon2.jpg
Quote from e2mustang :nice modeling loko

Haha, that's cool. Is that the new XRT, or just new back light textures put on?

And are those rims public?
i just pulled few poligons down on the light,and the rims are public just a good few pages back
Quote from Loko VEN :Hi all! I´m back again. Now I´m "making" a new body kit on my XRG.

Here some tests. Hope u like it.

C&C are wellcome.

Quote from e2mustang :nice modeling loko

nice modeling you two

i like the body kitt Loko
First Try with Autodesk

Thx all!

I will be share the scene when I finish the work.

Great job FireMike!
e2mustang

I like the xrt looks sexy with the gold collor
I've lately been changing all materials to use mental ray Architectural shader. Attached render is how it looks when rendered. No photoshopping or anything like it - except for the obvious scale and cropping.

Still few parts to go and then all cars will be done - I also need to tweak the ARB geometry, so they don't look nearly as crap as they do in this render.

C&C are welcome.
Attached images
r4p_DMax_db_bokeh_1280.jpg
r4p_DMax_db_bokeh_1680.jpg
Quote from r4ptor :I've lately been changing all materials to use mental ray Architectural shader. Attached render is how it looks when rendered. No photoshopping or anything like it - except for the obvious scale and cropping.

Still few parts to go and then all cars will be done - I also need to tweak the ARB geometry, so they don't look nearly as crap as they do in this render.

C&C are welcome.

Awesome job as always, love reflections on car body and tyres Just it looks a bit toyish because of much DOF blur. The blur shouldn't be so strong, as car itself is quite big object and distence between it and camera is quite big too.
Thanks - it's actually a 2-in-1 test render. 1 to get the overall feeling for the materials, and the other for DOF. I can't even remember when I last time used 3D DOF for renders beside lowres testrenders, because it's so time consuming, and I have therefore been doing it in post where I can add and tweak DOF almost interactively. There are limits in a post DOF though, and that's what keeps bringing me back to see if 3D DOF has improved (render speed). I did a ~2300 res viewport render with a low DOF effect - about 1 pixel wide at the rear wing. That would have been realistic as a 1:1 scale render. The rendertime was quick enough that I then wanted to do a "stress test", so I exaggerated the effect and set the computer to do a full blown 2560 res render - which completed after some 6 or so hours.. jikes :S

No 3D DOF for me, thank you very much - I'll keep doing it in post

Oh, I'll be looking into 3Delight after all the materials have been done. 3Delight is a Reyes renderer, not a proper raytracer, and stuff like motionblur and DOF is amaaazingly fast to do in it - but if you need reflections etc (which it CAN handle), then ur screwed - I did a quick test with it. A displaced plane mesh and ended up with 8 or so million polys. No fancy material, but it still rendered über fast with heavy DOF enabled. Something that would kill mental ray
Nice one raptor but your tyre material is wierd imo and your DOF too, it has no focus, I mean it's away, it just has DOF and that's it, it doesn't an "aim".
Nice one anyway
Yah, I'm not too happy with the tire material myself, however I need to do more test renders from multiple angles and lighting conditions, to get a better idea.

There is DOF focus - look closer

Edit: maybe I should have explained the render more because the rubber is better than it appears to be (IMO). I know whats going on behind it, but you guys don't. The environment and sunlight are about 10 times brighter than they normally should be in daylight conditions. I added a tonemapper to bring it all back to something that looks closer to natural.

Attached is a render without DOF but otherwise same (top) and one with 10 times lower (default) environment and light intensity.

Why render with that much light? Stress testing again It's very much like testing cars. You won't get a proper feel for the car unless you push it - that's just one of the things I do when I create my materials. If I don't do it, the risk of a material looking good with one lighting condition, but bad in another will increase - like a car that may feel like it's a good ride at low speeds, but suck at higher ones.

The rubber does look better with normal light, but the method of testing shows it's not fully there yet.

Ps. Each render took 3 min 30 sec in 1280 res, which should mean about 15 mins (or slightly more) @ 2560 res. As said before regarding DOF... jiiiiiikes.
Attached images
r4p_DMax_db_bokeh_wip.jpg
At school, bored, nothing to do, so I downloaded and installed 3ds and vray on my laptop. Here's the result, grey car because I don't got my skins at my laptop.

Could anyone help me with this one? My interior is really dark...
Attached images
Testrender.jpg
Quote from Bose321 :

Why not add a light or two within the car?
r4ptor this is a nice render, good work

fbm<3
Quote from Bose321 :At school, bored, nothing to do, so I downloaded and installed 3ds and vray on my laptop. Here's the result, grey car because I don't got my skins at my laptop.

Increase the Output amount or the RGB level
Quote from leonardo555 :Increase the Output amount or the RGB level

Tried, Here's an example of a over-lighted car, and as you can see, still black interior.

Btw, any idea why the glass goes all weird?
Attached images
weird.jpg

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG