The online racing simulator
Test Drive Unlimited 2
(984 posts, started )
#51 - senn
i wouldn't care if it looked the same, if they can make the physics + feel of the game better (and maybe some slightly quicker ways to make money so i can buy more classics without having to grind) i'd be happy.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :But it's no more than that.

It's like, features that were cancelled in TDU1 (cleaning your car will probably be in the game) You just lost it. I just had to, sorry And the refuelling stations were already in TDU1 too.

I think that this game will be ok, though.

I hate you now

I'll probably get it cheap
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I hate you now

Aww... you seem sad. Looking at my sig will cheer you up though.

If the game has car washes, I'll keep SUV's (IF the game has them) as dirty as possible.
:hide:

Here's hoping they can make it good. TDU1 felt empty and sterile to me
I thought TDU1 was amazing... until I saw the 360 and PC versions.. Ahh, the old PS2 days.
I hope they fix the ridiculous polygonal driving surface. In TDU1 every time you go over a part where the road slope gets steeper, the bottom of the cars scrape the ground where it goes over the polygon boundaries.
TDU2 on PS3... driving heaven
Quote from brandons48 :I thought TDU1 was amazing... until I saw the 360 and PC versions.. Ahh, the old PS2 days.

Bit off topic now, but PS2 is now a decade old.

Crazy stuff.
Had to spin out my Ferrari again...
I will probably buy it however feel I will be disapointed with little things like the graphics still looking like TDU

It does sound very promising though
Graphics doesn't matter that much, cause TDU1 still looks ok. The biggest problems in TDU1 were the 3 polygon bumps on the road which made impossible to race the cars in hardcore mode. Also the engine sounds were terrible, and some specs were way off. Like the Lexus cars hardly doing 210km/h, or the SL65 merc topping out at 270 or so.
Also some tyre wear or fueling would be great. And yeah, a much better netcode.
Quote from RevengeR :The biggest problems in TDU1 were the 3 polygon bumps on the road which made impossible to race the cars in hardcore mode..

+1 if they fix the terrible roads then this game will be really good, the off roading could be really good to if done right and i really hope that hardcore mode is unlocked right away:P

hope they make muscle cars abit better, they just feel so slow in the 1st
I actually lost my TDU1 cd, its floating around the house somewhere i just dont know where
But anyway TDU2 BRING IT ON!!!!! Shall be fine i hope.
Ibiza is 1/3rd the size of oahu, which imo is a bad thing i love the huge map its really what makes this game stand apart.

I hope they have BMW and Porsche in this one.
I hope for gt "like" physics"... PERSONALLY, i like gt5p, soon to be gt5. than lfs physics
I wouldn't mind much better netcode. So far looks like a must buy for me. Hopefully something drastic won't screw it up.
Quote from Mustafur :Ibiza is 1/3rd the size of oahu, which imo is a bad thing i love the huge map its really what makes this game stand apart.

Atari have already said it'll be almost twice the size of the TDU1 map. Possibly they cariacatured Oahu in the previous game so it looked and felt like it, but was actually much smaller (much like Rockstar did with New York in GTA4).
Quote from Crashgate3 :Atari have already said it'll be almost twice the size of the TDU1 map. Possibly they cariacatured Oahu in the previous game so it looked and felt like it, but was actually much smaller (much like Rockstar did with New York in GTA4).

Yes, that's exactly what they did. And now it seems they're going to make Ibiza's map a bit more detailed and bigger, thus bigger than the previous Oahu island.
I was never able to go online with TDU because of certain reasons....

Anyone want to buy me a new computer? My kid loved TDU when I was "trying it" before my gfx card took a plunge. Currently with TDU on my computer, you are on one side of the island and in the next frame you are halfway across the island, hehehe.

I always wanted to try TDU online, but the gfx card crapped out before I got a chance.
I only played it on Xbox.
Quote from Mustafur :I only played it on Xbox.

The FFB on the Xbox was so bad I couldn't play it with a wheel, had to use the controller.
Quote from Velociround :Yes, that's exactly what they did. And now it seems they're going to make Ibiza's map a bit more detailed and bigger, thus bigger than the previous Oahu island.

IIRC, the race around the island was about 200km.
According to Google maps, a lap around the real island would be about 128 miles long. That's a little over 200km.

Test Drive Unlimited 2
(984 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG