The online racing simulator
Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
Quote from Seb66 :Not sure if its been posted already.
But i seem to be getting a capped 10.7fps when recording with fraps. I'm using max resolution, max everything really.. including HR textures.

To try and get around this, i've reduced the screen res, turned AA of and texture filtering. And i still only have 10fps while recording. and used the low res texture button.

My specs are:

Intel Q6600 @ 2.4ghz
GTX260 OC
800W PSU
2gb 1066mhz ram..

i seemed to be getting a better fps some time ago, but now i'm stuck on 10ish.
The lowest it's ever been before was 35, but that was a full grid of cars.
This recording i'm trying to make now is with two cars.

Any ideas?
(going to try recording on another version of lfs i have installed)

EDIT: 10fps still

Run LFS in window mode (SHIFT + F4) , that will help you

I had the same problem , 150fps Fraps off , 11fps Fraps on
make sure your fraps output location is not on the same drive that LFS is installed on.
Quote from Seb66 :Not sure if its been posted already.
But i seem to be getting a capped 10.7fps when recording with fraps. I'm using max resolution, max everything really.. including HR textures.

To try and get around this, i've reduced the screen res, turned AA of and texture filtering. And i still only have 10fps while recording. and used the low res texture button.

My specs are:

Intel Q6600 @ 2.4ghz
GTX260 OC
800W PSU
2gb 1066mhz ram..

i seemed to be getting a better fps some time ago, but now i'm stuck on 10ish.
The lowest it's ever been before was 35, but that was a full grid of cars.
This recording i'm trying to make now is with two cars.

Any ideas?
(going to try recording on another version of lfs i have installed)

EDIT: 10fps still

Don't know your LFS settings, but what I came across back then was, if I'd set AA&AF in LFS, it went low on FPS, and by that, really low, but once I set it off, and forced 16x from the nv controlpanel, everything was fine as before. Don't know will this help in your case, but it helped me.
I'll give these idea's a go now. Cheers.

Windowed mode worked a treat.. getting 60+ fps while recording now.
Very nice Thanks. I want to ask how to make scene what will slow down to stop. Then it will accelerate to 1/4 for some time and then back to 1/1. How you would make it pls? Also i would like to ask you if sound+video is better if its recorded in slow mo or its just for low end machines?
Quote from Hahmo :lol. thanks alot..
but how do you hide mouse?

I got the same problem(in shift+U - Shift+F), I don't think I had it earlyer

Kinda ruins my capturing, with the mousepointer on screen
then dont select it in fraps
Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :I got the same problem(in shift+U - Shift+F), I don't think I had it earlyer

Kinda ruins my capturing, with the mousepointer on screen

Shift + Z if i remember correctly hides the mouse.

E: After testing, its Shift + Z
shouldn't the fps be 23.976 at the lowest?
Anyone have any idea why i'm getting such a low frame rate in full screen, but amazing fps in windowed mode while recording with fraps?
Think Commander posted this in my MoE 24h onboard thread too. It should be always give a better frame rate than in full screen although my pc is quite strong

You're going to make a video of your victory today, Seb?
Quote from Timo1992 :Think Commander posted this in my MoE 24h onboard thread too. It should be always give a better frame rate than in full screen although my pc is quite strong

You're going to make a video of your victory today, Seb?

Hmm. Just seems like a too big difference. I dislike the output size being out of ratio
Was considering it. Would have to see how its comes out
have you limited your fps some how?
Quote from dadge :have you limited your fps some how?

Not at all. It Always drops to 10fps when i record with fraps no matter what settings i use apart from windowed mode.
And no, i haven't capped it to 10fps in fraps either
Weak graphics card?

I had same problem with my old VGA. Since the upgrade tho, I can record full screen.
Quote from DevilDare :Weak graphics card?

I had same problem with my old VGA. Since the upgrade tho, I can record full screen.

Nope, strong PC.
Check post top of the page
putting fraps on a different hdd than your lfs install and windows install. only works if you have 3 hdd's tho.
fraps drops lfs to 10fps for me when recording too. to cancel this, i record at 0.250 speed. then when editiing i just speed the shot up 4x, 40fps instantly.
Personally, I'd dump FRAPS and get CamStudio (http://camstudio.org/) instead.

Actually, that's exactly what I did.
Quote from dadge :putting fraps on a different hdd than your lfs install and windows install. only works if you have 3 hdd's tho.
fraps drops lfs to 10fps for me when recording too. to cancel this, i record at 0.250 speed. then when editiing i just speed the shot up 4x, 40fps instantly.

Ah, i guess thats what it must be then

Quote : Personally, I'd dump FRAPS and get CamStudio (http://camstudio.org/) instead.

Actually, that's exactly what I did.

I'll give it a go now
Best thing to do is to run LFS at a low resolution and with no AA/AF and to disable all the stuff for LFS in nHancer (take a copy of lfs.exe, rename it lfsvideo.exe add a profile in nHancer for it and make sure everything is off) and then see what kind of frame rates you get. When I have AA on in LFS, i get about 10-15fps, when I remove it and apply it in nHancer then I can get 30 no problem @ 720x480 and it still looks fine.
I have some serious issues when recording, replay(screen) just freezes, whilst sound is ongoing. Dont know what the problem is, any ideas?

I followed the instructions listed on page 1, recording at 0.250 speed. I tried recording normal speed, screen just keeps freezing..
I would like to ask you what im doing wrong if im changing movie speed smoothly in clip but audio is still on the same speed. (not +ctrl technique)
Quote from L@gger :I would like to ask you what im doing wrong if im changing movie speed smoothly in clip but audio is still on the same speed. (not +ctrl technique)

you're changing the video track playback speed, while leaving the audio track playback speed untouched. You should select video AND audio speed.
you need to ajust the pitch of the audio. it's usually in the properties.
But im changing velocity of video but audio is the same. Im not changing it constantly on a movie part so I dont know how to change velocity and have video +audio in sync.
Thanks

Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG