The online racing simulator
Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
sorry, because i know i am being hard to work with and probably noobish

all i have is itunes, when i try to drag a song from there i get a wrong file type error. also a copyright problem i have read. how do i either make my itunes songs work, or either that, where else can i get songs, preferably free but i doubt it will be. (in the right format)
go to Youtube, download any song you like using keepvid.net, and then convert it to mp3 im guessing
wonderful....let me try that out....also what do you recomend with using windows movie maker, you briefly touched upon it in the guide, but you mainly just said to stay away from the effects

EDIT: there is 'a problem loading page' error showing, what should i do (nothing is ever really simple with my luck )
Quote from logitekg25 :wonderful....let me try that out....also what do you recomend with using windows movie maker, you briefly touched upon it in the guide, but you mainly just said to stay away from the effects

EDIT: there is 'a problem loading page' error showing, what should i do (nothing is ever really simple with my luck )

search for a way to download youtube videos

About WMM - don't do effects and wmm "cool" transitions.
lol ok, thank you
Quote from logitekg25 :sorry, because i know i am being hard to work with and probably noobish

all i have is itunes, when i try to drag a song from there i get a wrong file type error. also a copyright problem i have read. how do i either make my itunes songs work, or either that, where else can i get songs, preferably free but i doubt it will be. (in the right format)

Are the files you are trying to import MP3 or iTunes MP4? I think the MP4 is the copyright protected type. In iTunes you can create a non-protected file by right clicking on a file then selecting create non protected copy. I forget the exact wording of the option, but it will create a MP3 that you can hopefully import into movie maker without fail.
ok, will the song still be there, will it change, and copy, or will it be in some place that i have no idea :d
Should be in the same folder as the original MP4. See attached image for menu option.
Attached images
CreateMP3.png
alright, figured that part out

is there any way to shorten the song, or cut out certain parts? i plan on going with sandstorm by darude because i dont want to buy anything. but the problem is the beginning starts off with only bass, and i have no idea what to do maybe i can do a flashing video when the bass goes off i will have the picture flash to the picture and when it stops i will go to black

also on a random note how do i make lfs record in slow motion?

sorry for being a noob :dopey:
Quote from logitekg25 :is there any way to shorten the song, or cut out certain parts? i plan on going with sandstorm by darude because i dont want to buy anything. but the problem is the beginning starts off with only bass, and i have no idea what to do maybe i can do a flashing video when the bass goes off i will have the picture flash to the picture and when it stops i will go to black

also on a random note how do i make lfs record in slow motion?

sorry for being a noob :dopey:

I think slowing down the replay is on F2, going back to regular speed or fast forward is F3..

for cutting songs I use audacity, some simple freeware software. you can also fade in and out there, which can be helpful when cutting. might need to import the lame codec there so you can export your cut files as proper mp3s

hope I could help you out (I'm a bit in a hurry, no time for long essays right now )
i use sony vegas 9. you can edit the video and music in the exact same way which is handy.
but, instead of cutting out the intro on sandstorm. try getting an acapella or a nice short speech and stick that over the top of the beats. it could actually make the song better.
i think i settled on the whole when the bass pumps i will have a flash of video...not to figure out how to do that on windows movie maker :
got virtual dub, and im having trouble getting multiple clips on one movie

anyone wanna tell me how sorry for being a noob
like two shots at the same time (video in a video)? or adding a clip to the end of another?
Quote from logitekg25 :got virtual dub, and im having trouble getting multiple clips on one movie

anyone wanna tell me how sorry for being a noob

its done in Vegas / Premiere / *sigh* Windows Movie maker
a clip on the end of another clip....example...i have many different lips i want to make into a movie, theyare each about 10 seconds long....so how do i put those together to make the long video i want? i have virtual dub, and it is pretty good...i read i have to go into options and select append avi segment, but when i try that the format is wrong or the compression is wrong....so i manually open all of them and save them with that as avi, but still doesnt work...im stumped, sorry for being one paragraph
did you change any fraps or lfs settings between recording the clips? I think a slightly different frame rate, resolution or colour depth makes virtualdub refuse to combine the clips. for example, once I opened a clip in virtualdub, and tweaked the framerate so it would match with the other clips I had recorded, but then vdub saved it with a framerate of 29.999231 or something and I couldn't combine it with any of the other 30 fps clips.

not sure if you got what I'm talking about, but try not to change settings between recording the single clips, use the raw frapsed files (don't render and save them individually first BUT put them all into virtualdub - as you said, "append avi segment") and edit it as a whole thing.
i used xfire, and it records at 100 fps....so umm, i dont think so. but i do think one of the videos i was using i shortened with v-dub, and saved it with v-dub. would that cause it
Quote from logitekg25 :but i do think one of the videos i was using i shortened with v-dub, and saved it with v-dub. would that cause it

yea that is possible.. vdub seems to save it with a slightly different framerate than you tell it to.. and then it won't combine clips because the framerate differs.
so what should i do? just not use that clip and try a few others?

EDIT: nope...none of them work

EDIT2: by the way, yes i just started making the movie, it thats why it took me so long to come up with this problem , and it will suck probably
Quote from logitekg25 :so what should i do? just not use that clip and try a few others?

EDIT: nope...none of them work

EDIT2: by the way, yes i just started making the movie, it thats why it took me so long to come up with this problem , and it will suck probably

sounds like the framerate difference isn't the problem then.. mmh maybe you can try out another software instead of virtualdub. there's a program called Avidemux, it's quite similiar and freeware as well..

and about your thought that your movie "will probably suck": it's not unlikely that the first movie gets a lot of criticism - but if you make use of it, you can improve quite quickly. and even if you don't get lots of views and positive feedback, the movie can still mean something to you. for example, I still watch my first movie sometimes, nowadays.. although I know it is not that great and special. so don't give up :P
this is my first video

everyone said it isnt too bad

http://www.youtube.com/user/logitekg25

EDIT: ok i tried that video, and i can 'apend' clips....but the first clip is just green, and the second clip is upside down
just a reference

also i went to the v-dub thread, and i now have a thread
hello iam new to this movie thing and i have a problem how do i save a sony vegas project to a file that for example media palyer can play or upload it to youtube

Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG