The online racing simulator
Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
Quote from mblixt :hello iam new to this movie thing and i have a problem how do i save a sony vegas project to a file that for example media palyer can play or upload it to youtube

File - Render as... - then choose the format, avi, wmv, mp4, whatever you want.
thanks
Quote from mblixt :so my first ever viseo is done didn't try super hard to make it it was just a try there is no more after 0.50 i messed up in vegas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Se263afEE

Creating new topics for new movies, people not posting them all in the tutorial thread.

Anyway - crop the Fraps logo, and use less FOV in shots where the action is happening far away. I personally prefer the car to take up a quarter of the screen as a minimum, gives a good show of what's happening to it and around it...but ofcourse you can't have it like that all the time.
Is it illegal to make a movie with modified cars?
how do i make my videos in higer quality like HD ?
How do u get those Shift+U things off. I dont mean the "Hide keys", i mean the section where you actually change the options..
And how do you hide mouse?
Quote from Hahmo :How do u get those Shift+U things off. I dont mean the "Hide keys", i mean the section where you actually change the options..
And how do you hide mouse?

Press Space to hide them.
lol. thanks alot..
but how do you hide mouse?
The link of "LFS Car Focus" is dead, could someone send me that plugin?
I don´t know why, but the thing is that last week the page for download was ok but now it´s not. I think it´s one of the best plugins for creating movies, it´s a must have.
Just quick question.

Regarding the recording at 10fps and then using DUB.

Is there any way to compress the .avi file size that comes out of Virtual DUB?

2.5GB is quite a lot for a quick clip.
Quote from DevilDare :Just quick question.

Regarding the recording at 10fps and then using DUB.

Is there any way to compress the .avi file size that comes out of Virtual DUB?

2.5GB is quite a lot for a quick clip.

video -> compression .. and then I'd pick xvid or divx if you got any of those installed... there you can set things like bitrate or target size or whatever, just play around with the settings and check if the quality and file size of the rendered video is fine

edit: I'd also compress the sound.. I'm using lame codec (which you probably need to install first) at 128 kb/s
I tried the Xvid codec. Huge file size compression. Down to only 20mb and the quality remained decent.

However, when doing a quick test and importing it into Vegas and trying to save it for YT HD, there is no video. Just a black screen. Both on Winamp and VLC.

Edit - Trying DivX. I get an error when trying to save.

Video Compression error: The source image format is not acceptable (error code -2)
yeah... and what software are these compressions / exports / imports are done in?
VirtualDUB

Video from LFS at 10FPS and 0.125 speed > VirtualDUB > 40FPS Video at 2.5GB

So I tried XviD Compression

LFS Video > VirtualDUB > XviD Compression > 40FPS video at 20mb.

However, the newly exported video cocks up after being rendered in Vegas.

So another flow chart:

XviD LFS video > Sony Vegas > Render for YT HD > Black Screen and no video.

So I try the DivX codec compressor.

LFS at 10FPS > VirtualDUB > Divx > Error

Did that help?
same exact thing happened to me i think

EDIT: if i can download imovie i will, it is much better then wmm overall
Quote from DevilDare :VirtualDUB

Video from LFS at 10FPS and 0.125 speed > VirtualDUB > 40FPS Video at 2.5GB

So I tried XviD Compression

LFS Video > VirtualDUB > XviD Compression > 40FPS video at 20mb.

However, the newly exported video cocks up after being rendered in Vegas.

So another flow chart:

XviD LFS video > Sony Vegas > Render for YT HD > Black Screen and no video.

So I try the DivX codec compressor.

LFS at 10FPS > VirtualDUB > Divx > Error

Did that help?

Im guessing the problem being in using compressed files in Vegas, and in second version - not exporting the raw avi file and then compressing it in vDub... that's the first things that pop to mind
i skimmed though your post, cause flowcharts suck :dunce: :dopey:

v-dub gets finicky when compressing files
Quote from logitekg25 :v-dub gets finicky when compressing files

I only use it to compress the finalized product. Meaning I first always export uncompressed avi from Premiere, and then compress it with vDub. It never let me down to be honest (apart from pesky green stripes in some shots on the right side of the screen in my last movie for some reason)
im not going to get into it again, but whenever i tried to import 2 different files it would not let me, so idk
OK.

So I have found the problem for the error when trying to compress in DivX codec.

Turns out if I dont change the FPS in vDUB it encodes alright. But as soon as I change it to 40FPS DivX gives me an error.....

Squid - But that wont help me....

The whole reason I am trying to compress the raw LFS clips, is because if I dont, and only chnage the Frame rate to 40 (Like it says in the tut), the damn video weighs 2.5GB.....
avs video editor is great imo, but i need to make a brief pause in my movie so i can sync it right, so how do i put blackness for a second or two

Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG