The online racing simulator
Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
Quote from L@gger :But im changing velocity of video but audio is the same. Im not changing it constantly on a movie part so I dont know how to change velocity and have video +audio in sync.
Thanks

Using mouse and it's buttons. That's about all the extra info I can give you based on your detailed description of your problem in your software which you should always state.
you have to ungroup the video and the audio. then once you have the speed of the video set, increase the pitch of the audio (audio properties). then regroup them.
Thanks. That pitch is nice(its not what i wanted but solves the problem)
How can I make ''top gear effect'', neutral colours and glow effect(like in this film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eUxOTFWork) with sony vegas 8 pro? Im making my first lfs video with vegas and Im still learning to use it. This is pretty stupid question but how I can make effect to stop somewhere in film. I mean if I put some blur on the video, it never stops.
you add a keyframe (in the effect section) with the ammount of blur you had at the start. then exactly one frame later you change the blur to 0 (reset to none). this means that you will go from your desired blur to 0 blur in one frame.
"neutral colours" are done with colour correction
squid, do you know how to remove the mouse pointer? when i go to capture a shot, the mouse becomes visible (on top)because of this, all external shots cannot have any movement in them. it's doing my head in.
If you are talking about Fraps, there is an option to "Capture pointer". Just uncheck it.
Quote from dadge :squid, do you know how to remove the mouse pointer? when i go to capture a shot, the mouse becomes visible (on top)because of this, all external shots cannot have any movement in them. it's doing my head in.

or Shift F a few times
yeah i know how to clear the screen. but when i go to move the cam to track, the mouse pops up. not to worry too much as i have all the shots i need. but it would of been better to be able to track on a few shots.
I think Shift + Z would work.
Any idea what to do with lagging mpr?? Because most video of you pros dont have any laggs. I cant even get a non lagging mpr if my internet speed and ping is at maximum. Thanks
I have a bit of a problem, I capture using fraps on full size on 30 fps, and set lfs to 30, then slow down to .500 to capture.

Next I open it up virtual dub, set the frame rate to 60, and then ive tried to compress it with several codecs but all with somewhat same result.

Next open it up in movie maker, import the clip, if i preview the clip before putting it down to the editing tray it plays fine and quality is decent. But...if i drag the clip to the bottom to edit my movie together and play it, the quality is horrible and laggy.

Any help or suggestions?
Quote from MiNdChArGeR :I have a bit of a problem, I capture using fraps on full size on 30 fps, and set lfs to 30, then slow down to .500 to capture.

Next I open it up virtual dub, set the frame rate to 60, and then ive tried to compress it with several codecs but all with somewhat same result.

Next open it up in movie maker, import the clip, if i preview the clip before putting it down to the editing tray it plays fine and quality is decent. But...if i drag the clip to the bottom to edit my movie together and play it, the quality is horrible and laggy.

Any help or suggestions?

Yeah, don't edit in movie maker. Vegas has a free 1 month trial version which is a 911 porsche comparing to movie maker Lada
Quote from squidhead :Yeah, don't edit in movie maker. Vegas has a free 1 month trial version which is a 911 porsche comparing to movie maker Lada

I am downloading Vegas now, hopefully using this will fix this little problem, otherwise I will waste my 1 month of Vegas trying to resolve this problem.
Sorry for the double post but any help would be appreciated, my clips look really well with many different codecs when viewed in windows media player and then if I preview the clips in movie maker (before dragging them to the timeline on the bottom), but once i drag them to the timeline the quality is horrible to the point that its unrecognizable, I have tried different codecs and the quality on the timeline changes but very slightly. Help Please!
in video editors isnt the quality when you view it usually bad? thats my experience, try saving it and viewing it in windows media player
Quote from MiNdChArGeR :Sorry for the double post but any help would be appreciated, my clips look really well with many different codecs when viewed in windows media player and then if I preview the clips in movie maker (before dragging them to the timeline on the bottom), but once i drag them to the timeline the quality is horrible to the point that its unrecognizable, I have tried different codecs and the quality on the timeline changes but very slightly. Help Please!

When making a movie, please stay away from windows movie maker. At some points, the program is automated to give best possible data rate and such stuff, so it plays nicely on ur PC. I might be wrong, but there's something suspicious going on.

Try using somekind of program that is actually made for video editing. Movie maker is just to put clips together.

Edit: I realised that its an old post i replied to.
What do you guys do with songs you use in movie to not get audio muted to not have problems with copyright and so?
Quote from L@gger :What do you guys do with songs you use in movie to not get audio muted to not have problems with copyright and so?

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Knowledge is power. Use it.
Quote from squidhead :Yeah, don't edit in movie maker. Vegas has a free 1 month trial version which is a 911 porsche comparing to movie maker Lada

never a truer word said. sony vegas is very good. i can also use it to make a studio mix audio cd.
So you move your videos to educational category and say audio name sin titles?
take it out.

Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG