The online racing simulator
Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
Quote from DevilDare :The whole reason I am trying to compress the raw LFS clips, is because if I dont, and only chnage the Frame rate to 40 (Like it says in the tut), the damn video weighs 2.5GB.....

wouldn't it help to deal with the uncompressed files and then only compress the finished movie? that's how I do it.. sometimes I got a 4GB movie in the end but then I just compress it as one long clip.

Quote from logitekg25 :avs video editor is great imo, but i need to make a brief pause in my movie so i can sync it right, so how do i put blackness for a second or two

a not so professional method would be to just put a random clip, mute the sound and take down the saturation and brightness with a filter, until it's black
Quote from DevilDare :OK.

So I have found the problem for the error when trying to compress in DivX codec.

Turns out if I dont change the FPS in vDUB it encodes alright. But as soon as I change it to 40FPS DivX gives me an error.....

Squid - But that wont help me....

The whole reason I am trying to compress the raw LFS clips, is because if I dont, and only chnage the Frame rate to 40 (Like it says in the tut), the damn video weighs 2.5GB.....

2.5 gb.... unless you're trying to make a movie on a calculator I suggest you man up. Those are the sizes you have to work with (just like everyone else).
I guess I should be getting a new HDD then...

Dont feel like deleting all my files...
I have started making a video and come across a problem...I use fraps to record scenes from lfs and I adjust settings to "medium" details and 960*600 resolution it can record video at 50 fps...but it has to be 16-bit ...if I want to record at 32bit, FPS during recording falls at 8-9 fps and it is useless...can anyone give me an advice what to do? 16bit really looks remarkably worse than 32bit
thx for ideas
hope anyone wont kill me for asking about something which is mentioned in first post...because I havent found a solution to this exact problem...and I would like to avoid recording at 0,25x of speed and then speeding it up...
record at half speed and then speed up the captured video.

note to self. read all of the post.
Quote from dadge :record at half speed and then speed up the captured video.

note to self. read all of the post.

remember...read the whole post
Quote from bavorak :and I would like to avoid recording at 0,25x of speed and then speeding it up...

Well to be honest you're stuck then.

Try reducing AA if you have it set up.
Quote from DevilDare :Well to be honest you're stuck then.

Try reducing AA if you have it set up.

As I see my 1,5-year-old notebook is too old for this stuff damn and I was thinking how good it was when I was buying it...
nothing helps...I can turn off AA and adjust all of the details to the lowest and screen to 640*480 and it still has very low fps when recording at 32bit
So I guess I am going to start making it at 16bit...what else can I do
a friend of mine advised me to go to shift + F4 windowed mode and then record...he says it works for him on XP....just a small advice for those who havent been forced to choose vista as their OS
Quote from bavorak :As I see my 1,5-year-old notebook is too old for this stuff

If you aren't running 4 gigs of ram you don't need Vista or anything. Go for XP and follow the FPS raising tips in the first post, I think with all the contribution to my original tutorial it covers every method possible.
Quote from squidhead :If you aren't running 4 gigs of ram you don't need Vista or anything. Go for XP and follow the FPS raising tips in the first post, I think with all the contribution to my original tutorial it covers every method possible.

It is too complicated go to XP...there are drivers which arent developed for XP so for example bluetooth or wifi wont work properly or at all... I am thinking about win 7 but I am not sure if it helps this problem...
I will have to satisfy with 16bit then...anyway I found out that the song I wanted to use isnt as good as I thought so I am double stuck now...no soundtrack, no good pc
Quote from bavorak :
a friend of mine advised me to go to shift + F4 windowed mode and then record...he says it works for him on XP....just a small advice for those who havent been forced to choose vista as their OS

This works like magic.

Squid you might want to add this to the first post as another solution.
Quote from DevilDare :This works like magic.

Allrite
hello I wanted to make a video for my team does not want anything too complicated wanted something simple but visually appealing

someone can give me some tips?
:doh:
Quote from DevilDare :This works like magic.

You have XP, dont you?
Yep.

Never got around to upgrading.
"An error occurred while creating the media file xx.xx.avi

The system is on low memory. You may be able to reduce memory usage by closing other applications."

Wut? System is not on low memory? Errmm.. I just editet my dream video and now cant save it into avi or wmv. :/ Helpzz?
Quote from Hahmo :"An error occurred while creating the media file xx.xx.avi

The system is on low memory. You may be able to reduce memory usage by closing other applications."

Wut? System is not on low memory? Errmm.. I just editet my dream video and now cant save it into avi or wmv. :/ Helpzz?

Well seeing how you specified your system, your software, and the codecs you were using I'd say it's definetly an error you're getting.
Sigh, sry.
Windows Vista Home Prerium, 3gb memory.
Just using short clips to make a movie (As usual) And music. Wut?
Vegas pro 9.0 Trial

7min 40secs long video, That might be the reason too.. But i really need the full vid. :/ Is there possibilites that some of you guys can transfer it for me and then send it to me or sumthing.. I really need to upload this somewhere
still no idea of what kind of avi you are exporting, compressed or not, and which codecs you're using to render, or how much space your HDD has left to use...

Try rendering a smaller video though, if it works - then it's probably the HDD space you're lacking
This is the first time im making a edited video, which i tried to make look good so i have no idea about the codecs or anything.. Ill try some techniques to get it uploaded to youtube :l

Edit: I tried to look properties and found the Frame rate. Atm it is NTSC, i think it would be better if it was Multimedia or less?

Edit 2: Got 30sec to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgBsOv-_PX0 Quality sucks :E On my comp its HD

Edit 3: Got it fixed. Here we go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms0_lEf7i7s
Not sure if its been posted already.
But i seem to be getting a capped 10fps when recording with fraps. I'm using max resolution, max everything really.. including HR textures.

To try and get around this, i've reduced the screen res, turned AA of and texture filtering. And i still only have 10fps while recording. and used the low res texture button.

My specs are:

Intel Q6600 @ 2.4ghz
GTX260 OC
800W PSU
2gb 1066mhz ram..

i seemed to be getting a better fps some time ago, but now i'm stuck on 10ish.
The lowest it's ever been before was 35, but that was a full grid of cars.
This recording i'm trying to make now is with two cars.

Any ideas?
(going to try recording on another version of lfs i have installed)

EDIT: 10fps still
Use a 16bit screen setting, rather than 32bit. Gives me 40fps as opposed to 8, of course everything has a slight green tint but it's not too noticeable.

Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG