The online racing simulator
Quote from JPeace :I applaud you, you are very brave. Shout that in spain and you will die.

Not really. TV cameras always show Alonsomaniacs but actually there are million of people who hate him as well

Quote from zeugnimod :And thx to his good driving.

JPeace answered for me Of course he drove well, but without Vettel's failure he would have ended up second
Quote from NitroNitrous :JPeace answered for me Of course he drove well, but without Vettel's failure he would have ended up second

Yeah but you made it sound like that's his fault or something.
Quote from J@tko :I think the cars have ~220 litre fuel tanks. Let's say most use 200L and Renault engined cars use 185L:

200L=44 gallons
185L=41 gallons

Race = ~190 miles

Consumption = 190/44 = 4.3 mpg for non Renault and 190/41 = 4.6 mpg for Renault engines.

~7% increase in fuel efficiency for Renault

i have a feeling that you're proud of yourself after that post
Quote from zeugnimod :Yeah but you made it sound like that's his fault or something.

Oh of course is not, but the fact that he's usually so lucky annoys me a bit
Quote from J@tko :I think the cars have ~220 litre fuel tanks. Let's say most use 200L and Renault engined cars use 185L:

200L=44 gallons
185L=41 gallons

Race = ~190 miles

Consumption = 190/44 = 4.3 mpg for non Renault and 190/41 = 4.6 mpg for Renault engines.

~7% increase in fuel efficiency for Renault

It's easy if you just forget imperial measurements... stupid English...
Quote from NitroNitrous :Oh of course is not, but the fact that he's usually so lucky annoys me a bit

you make your own luck~ and he's always there or there about to benefits...
Pretty dull race, standard Bahrain stuff. Shame about Vettel but Alonso surprised me - I thought he was going to Ferrari for the paycheck just like Raikkonen did, but he looks like he actually wants another championship.

Schumacher got schooled by Rosberg. Love it.
Finally Alonso has the equipment to really show what he can do. Shame about Vettel. Really thought he could have one that one.
BOOOORING! Refuel ban sucks...

Looks like Red Bull and Ferrari are fast, but both have some technical problems ATM, I'm sure they will fix em quickly. McLaren too.

HRT just sucked badly, new team, but still. Or maybe I just don't remember how badly new teams have started before. When was the last time a new team joined the series, but did not buy an existing team? Virgin is not reliable, but looks faster than Lotus. And a great race by Lotus, Trulli had some odd problems at the end, and Heikki had such a long stint his tires were all worn out. But a great victory for Lotus.

Good first race for Schumi and especially for Rosberg. Mercedes didn't really have any problems, just need more speed

Quote from thisnameistaken :Pretty dull race, standard Bahrain stuff. Shame about Vettel but Alonso surprised me - I thought he was going to Ferrari for the paycheck just like Raikkonen did, but he looks like he actually wants another championship.

WHAT THE HECK? Kimi wanted the championship just as much as Alonso. One does not go to Ferrari because of money, the team has such a great history and people know you have a good change of winning the championship with Ferrari. I don't think anyone is racing for the money, they're making shitload of it anyway...
Everyone in the top ten drove a good solid race. Schumi has been out of the loop for three years so losing to his team mate wasn't much of a surprise and Button lost to Hamilton but that was predictable since I think Hamilton is a faster driver. Maybe Webber should have done better. Shame about Vettel but he did very well all things considered. Good to see Alonso back in the top. That's where he belongs.
Quote from Reik :BOOOORING! Refuel ban sucks...

Looks like Red Bull and Ferrari are fast, but both have some technical problems ATM, I'm sure they will fix em quickly. McLaren too.

HRT just sucked badly, new team, but still. Or maybe I just don't remember how badly new teams have started before. When was the last time a new team joined the series, but did not buy an existing team? Virgin is not reliable, but looks faster than Lotus. And a great race by Lotus, Trulli had some odd problems at the end, and Heikki had such a long stint his tires were all worn out. But a great victory for Lotus.

if I remembered correctly, it would have been Toyota and BAR, which were both disastrous...

and they both have plenty of money and much more time to prepare for their first season compared to the poor folks this year, but still pretty much came last anyway...
Vettel's issue was an electric problem in the engine, but the unit itself is not damaged. So Renault failed Vettel, not the exhaust.
Not an exciting race, but the gaps between the top 7 weren't as bad as I thought they would be.
Quote from el pibe :noooooo, hang on kate's younger sister! ( vettel's car )

E:
ok, im done... fezza 1-2, lets hope for shuey in 3rd

Lushious Lucy he calls this one
Boring, boring race. Why did they pick the first race to be in that kip?

The new track is ridiculous....2 minute laps around a car park in the desert...who cares?

Roll on Melbourne.
I'm happy with the result, but I have to agree the race was a bit dull. I read some of my book and had a shower while watching. I wasn't glued to the screen. I hope it's just because the track was so long and, well, kinda boring, also the slow race pace meant it went on for ages. Melbourne should hopefully be better, as it's always a chaotic race to watch, plus it's fun to get up in the middle of the night.

I'll give it a 6 out of 10, mainly just cause I like it when Alonso wins.
What was the problem btw at the start with Webber and that smoke ? I can nowhere read something about it...
They had overfilled the oil on the car, so the smoke was caused by the excess oil burning off.

Well, that was the explanation Brundle gave.
Quote from JCTK :if I remembered correctly, it would have been Toyota and BAR, which were both disastrous...

and they both have plenty of money and much more time to prepare for their first season compared to the poor folks this year, but still pretty much came last anyway...

BAR was previously Tyrell.

Toyota had limitless amounts of money and a sportscar programme to test components and systems. They actually did okay in their first season and under the current system would have been regular scorers.
Today race was boring. Vettel had a bad luck, he had to win. Congratulations to Mercedes and Ferrari. The first good race for Alonso in Ferrari and Massa great comeback.
Somethings never change, the race compelled me, maybe not to the edge of my seat, and yea in some minutes it was dry of action but you guys piss me off. You know there ain't masses of overtaking every race, so why watch when from logic, you know that in the past there hasn't been much overtaking yet you still watch in the hope there will be, and then whine and say F1 is shit? WHY DO YOU STILL WATCH F1 IF ALL YOU DO IS COMPLAIN NO MATTER WHAT!? PLEASE TELL ME.
Quote from BlueFlame :Somethings never change, the race compelled me, maybe not to the edge of my seat, and yea in some minutes it was dry of action but you guys piss me off. You know there ain't masses of overtaking every race, so why watch when from logic, you know that in the past there hasn't been much overtaking yet you still watch in the hope there will be, and then whine and say F1 is shit? WHY DO YOU STILL WATCH F1 IF ALL YOU DO IS COMPLAIN NO MATTER WHAT!? PLEASE TELL ME.

It's true F1 has never been a big overtaking type of motorsport.

However the new rules have made it so the drivers have to invest way to much in tyre preservation and thus your punished even more if you attempt to get close to the car in front.

The main problem is, in my opinion, the stupid ****ing rules about having to run two different compounds. Instead of 'mixing' it up, with the new fuel regulations it's pretty much put everyone on the same strategy.

I reckon they should have open choice on tyres. You want to run a 1 stopper using hard tyres go for it! If you want to run a 2 stopper using only softs then go for it.

All these 'unnatural' regulations like having to use two differing compounds, or having to run quali tyres for the start are just dumb!

We don't mind if there's not much overtaking. What we do mind is crappy odd regulations that stop people driving at 100%!
I agree, but I was just saying I don't really understand why people just whine ALL the time, there was more overtaking in this race than the whole of last year and people are still saying it was boring. Vettel had a sick car, so that doesn't count, but Rubens made a few passes, at the back of the grid there was a few overtakes too, aswell as the inevitable first few overtakes on the first lap. I think we fare well for the rest of the season, Bahrain isn't exactly the best circuit for overtaking. Just think, we have Canada on the calendar once again, and that is a track that never dissapoints.
At the back you have teams being more experimental and there's less at stake. F1 has never been that exciting but the rues regarding tyres are just silly and gimmicky.

Also Well done to Liuzzi and FI Best of the rest!
-
(DarkTimes) DELETED by DarkTimes

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG