The online racing simulator
Agree dont like the rule changes. Almost everyone on same strategies, no refuelling, boring.
Quote from Nobo :Agree dont like the rule changes. Almost everyone on same strategies, no refuelling, boring.

and I fail to see how the new points system will help motivate drivers to overtake too... (it's not like they're ever that demotivated)

eg. the guy in 2nd going for the win, it's potentially 7 extra points vs potentially 18 fewer points...

PS. Ferrari is showing their cards and picking up their pace now, 1sec a lap quicker~!
noooooo, hang on kate's younger sister! ( vettel's car )

E:
ok, im done... fezza 1-2, lets hope for shuey in 3rd
Quote from el pibe :noooooo, hang on kate's younger sister! ( vettel's car )

nooooooooo... if she can't hold on to the lead, at least go take the Ferraris out~!!!!!!!!

but it's sounding quite sick, don't know if it can hang on for another 15 laps...
:banana:
Forza Ferrari!
massa's car is sounding quite sick.... but 3laps to go so he'll hang on to it
Buemi
Great job by Ferrari, especially by Alonso.

I really wanted Vettel to win after his magnificent qualifying and race pace. Too bad his exhaust conked out on him. Adrian Newey and the Red Bull engineering team really need to focus on their reliability.

Good drive from Hamilton too, but the McLaren always showed good performance through winter testing and free practice. Also a good drive from Rosberg and Schumacher; Rosberg showed he deserves a seat in a top team, and Schumacher hasn't run out of steam yet!
Not the best track to showcase the new rules, but I like the fact it's all down to the driver to win the race, rather than the guys with computers in the pits. Vettel was brilliant again, Red Bull only need to give him a reliable car and he could win the championship, but Alonso and Hamilton will be hard to beat. Hamilton did well with a slow car, definately got more out of it than Button managed.
i hope that the oz gp will be as epic as last years...

but today was a good race even if it was quite dull.....

edit:

lol @ the images of the bahrainians (?) having a party on the party tow truck
Quote from el pibe :but today was a good race even if it was quite dull.....

i agree, this new layout is interesting, makes sector 2 into a turn after turn after turn mess.
That was not bad to be honest.

Good and solid drive from Alonso. Vettel very unlucky, he could of won it.

Hamilton up in 3rd, but Button only 8th.

Not a bad weekend overall. Melbourne will be better. Thats for sure.
I like it. (the rules)
Quote from el pibe :noooooo, hang on kate's younger sister! ( vettel's car )

luscious liz i believe her name is
Quote from BreadC :luscious liz i believe her name is

My friend Lizz would have been happy to hear she won a race, now I have to tell her she cracked an exhaust pipe and dissapointed a young German.
That sounds so wrong, ATC...
Quote from JPeace :He finished 7th.

My bad. He did.

Anyways, hopefully Mclaren will fix it all up.

I cannot wait to see Hamilton battle it out with Alonso.
And once again that son of a bitch wins thanks to other driver's problems
Quote from NitroNitrous :And once again that son of a bitch wins thanks to other driver's problems

And thx to his good driving.
Boring race. People still not able to overtake each other unless one car has a problem and tires last way too long to make it interesting. Driving on a parking lot didn't help either.
Looking at the result the main reason for the new point system is to give the average team points as well. (2 Fer, 2 Mer, 2 McL, 2 Rbr).

Next race please.

+1 for wider tires and less aerodynamics
I get the impression that FIA made 10 rules to "improve the racing and the show for the viewers" and made 2 rules who entirely neglect and turn down the effects of those 10 other rules...

Like, great that there's not refueling anymore, but it's just replaced heavier with tyre preservation. Before Vettel had his problem Alonso was pushing the car and doing 1:58-low 59 times. Two laps later he had to stop doing that to preserve the tyres and keep the engine from going hotter as it needs to be used for the next races aswell. Webber and Schumacher was the same. They could be pushing more, they could be really racing more, but as they can't really make the pass and don't want to risk burning the tyres they just do their laps behind eachother and play a waiting game of who makes a big error or gets mechanical trouble the entire race long.

I want good racing. I want to see F1 cars being pushed by (mostly) great racers. Even if they don't pass I want to see the cars being pushed to their limits hard. I give a **** about fuel, tyres, whatever saving. I want racing damn it!

Currently I had a lot more fun and saw more racing in lesser Formula leagues or for example V8s than I saw in F1. Even that "junior Nascar league" (forgot the name, kind of Formula Renault or F3 or something compared to F1) was a lot more fun and had much better racing than I saw today in F1's race.
Quote from JPeace :Also whats all this about the red bull being able to carry 10kg less fuel or smth?? please some1 explain how this is possible. I know about fuel consuption etc, but surly all the other teams would have thought of this and minimized the amound of fuel they where going to use?

Renault engine is apparently very fuel efficient.

Considering F1 engines use huge amounts of fuel per race, even a small gain in % fuel economy = a bit loss of fuel needed to be carried at the start.

10kg is only about 15 litres anyway.

EDIT: And yes, that was a very dull race...
Quote from JPeace :Don't get me wrong, he drove well, but i don't think he would have beaten vettel, as vettel showed at the end of the race: the red bull was very quick, even at the end he was lapping into mid 2mins.

Also whats all this about the red bull being able to carry 10kg less fuel or smth?? please some1 explain how this is possible. I know about fuel consuption etc, but surly all the other teams would have thought of this and minimized the amound of fuel they where going to use?

renault dont drink as much juice as the other engines
I thought the race was pretty good, shame the overtaking involved a car that wasn't 100% and cars that weren't even in the points..
I think the cars have ~220 litre fuel tanks. Let's say most use 200L and Renault engined cars use 185L:

200L=44 gallons
185L=41 gallons

Race = ~190 miles

Consumption = 190/44 = 4.3 mpg for non Renault and 190/41 = 4.6 mpg for Renault engines.

~7% increase in fuel efficiency for Renault

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG