The online racing simulator
I keep asking myself whether I'm really gonna watch this season or not...
Quote from Mysho :I keep asking myself whether I'm really gonna watch this season or not...

You mean this F1 season?

Are you serious? It could be one of the most interesting seasons since a long time
Quote from Intrepid :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTQflzH2amU (6:04 virgin loses its wing)

Ready for it? *ahem* They should ask Red Bull for a new one!

EDIT: Say what you like about that Indy Car concept, but I would actually want to watch the races if those things were bombing around at 230mph, and when you read about the thinking behind it then the whole thing kind of makes sense.
Quote from GianniC :Did that wing just fell off like that ?

All-digital car, just CFD, no wind-tunnel testing.
-
(Zdenek CZE) DELETED by Zdenek CZE
-
(Zdenek CZE) DELETED by Zdenek CZE
An attempt at making side-on impacts the most dangerous thing in the world.
The cars would be much better looking if they were as wide as that camera makes them look.
i see they have confirmed that they will be using the new arena section of silverstone for the gP
Quote from thisnameistaken :All-digital car, just CFD, no wind-tunnel testing.

I thought they could also digital calculate / test the wind pressure and so forth on it ? Kind of major problem for them if their front wing just falls off like this
A point it does raise is the idea that USF1 and Campos (or Stefan GP?) could potentially enter an F1 weekend with no testing. Virgin GP are going through any normal process of a new team - seeing what needs to be fixed before the first race.

Imagine USF1 and Campos turning up on a Friday practise still in shakedown mode. If they have a serious structural failing not only is it unsafe (motorsport is anyway so that's just a reality regardless), but more importantly they don't have the time or facilities to mend it. It just seems freakin' silly!
Quote from bbman :It looks like he's dragging the wing on the floor through the corner and then over the rumble strip, which caused it to disintegrate...

Well the more worrying thing is that the wing seems to break just from the car diving under braking. Looks like they need a new front wing design, or they'll be racing with a major downforce deficiency to keep thing safe.
Apparently it was a faulty mount, and they are getting parts shipped in to replace it.
They wasted a whole day of testing because they didnt have a single spare nose...not really looking bright for any of the new teams.
Lots of teams - including ones like McLaren or Williams - have occasionally have to lose a day because something has failed that they didn't have a spare of. It has nothing to do with lack of wind tunnel testing (Williams and McLaren above were using it). Cut them some slack - to be honest even making an F1 car from scratch is an achievement that 99.9% here couldn't even hope to contribute to, let alone manage as part of a team in less than a year.
well said tris

what i'd possibly be more concerned about is if they'd actually managed to do a lap at something close to max pace. hopefully not because their fastest lap was about 10 secs off the pace.

edit: you have to expect something to get broken on a virgin's first time
Thank you Formula One Management.......all vids are offline!

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG