The online racing simulator
GFC Reunion
(238 posts, started )
It was good to be back, and to see many of the 'old faces'. I really enjoyed the race, especially after such a thrilling grand prix! I only managed 2 quali runs, and ended up just behind Matt. I knew from practice that i would be racing Nick and Matt, as we were doing very similar times. I got away from the grid ok, and was aiming to be cautious and not 'do a DC'. I was however caught up in that first corner incident, but manged to catch the pack up within a couple of laps. For ages I was 11 secs behind Nick, and couldn't get any closer, Matt was fluctuating a bit, and at one point I caught him, and slipstreamed him down the straight, I was a little out of shape under braking though, and he re-passed me with a cheeky grin as he went by. I stayed with him, and managed to pass him when he made a mistake later. I managed to get passed Nick, but only as he made a mistake, and I was running quite well, lapping consistently and keeping a good gap to the cars behind. My car felt great and all was well. I made my stop and left the pits just behind GF, but ahead of the cars I was racing, so I was happy. But my Fox wasn't handling as well as before my stop, and I was lapping in the high 37's. My left foot was killing me and my hands and wrists were hurting (a suprise as I've been on lfs quite a bit, but shorter races). towards the end there was an epic mf1 battle, Matt got past me, but he made a mistake and I was back, but Nick was also catching and I was in pain. On the last lap, I stupidly lifted to let James lap me, and then I had a mirror full of my brother, I fended him off, thinking he wouldn't risk too much, but he was alongside and was much quicker at this stage of the race, I thought 'what the hell, I'll fight til the end, there's no championship at stake' and got alongside Matt before losing it at the final turn, Nick must've had a great view of that, all fun though. It was good to see all 3 Mf1s finish, so a big well done to Ra3 in his first race for getting to the end and a big thanks to Nick and Matt for a race long battle.
Also, massive thanks to GF and Alain for sorting this great event out, it was a shame to see you retire. Has anyone got the replay?
I had great fun last night, had to work really hard for what was 5th in the end. Qualifying wasn't too bad pace wise, 1:35.19 was only .09 off my PB but unfortunately I was the last of 3 drivers to set that exact same time, closely following another driver on 35.18 and another on 35.17. That meant I the short end of the 3rd to 7th seperated by 0.02s stick on the grid!

I got an average start; Alain and Gentlefoot got past by T1. I repassed Alain soon enough and then he slid off in the last sector attempting to repass me. I then passed de Souza but, as he has already mentioned, I spun exiting T1 and dropped about 5 places. Ra3 got a run on me whilst I was recovering into the uphill S-bend and then hit me on entry - I think it was his first race so I'll let him off with it. Another spin-turn to get back in the right direction and I set off up the hill and promptly spun at the top due to overheating the rears. Got myself going again and nursed the tyres for about 3 laps (running about 4s off the pace) and took stock, think I was in 14th or 15th at this point and had lost about 30s overall. I reeled in the 8Ball car, unfortunately had an oversteery moment whilst defending into T1 and took him off track, very sorry about that. Caught Matt up soon after and passed him and then snook passed Nick and Ian in one go when Nick ran a bit wide and gave Ian a run on him. Laudi pitted and came out about 10s infront of me. I caught him within a few laps and passed quite easily and then did some quick laps before my stop on Lap 39. I came out about 10s behind Laudi again and set about catching him once more in the remaining laps; caught him with a few to go and that was 5th for me.

Once again I was pretty annoyed and impressed with myself all in one go. Look forward to any further GFC races in the future, always a pleasure racing against you guys.
Good race yesterday. I generally managed to stay out of any major trouble, but didn’t manage to do it quickly enough due to lack of practice. I had made quite a few places from other people’s misfortunes but got a puncture a couple of laps before my pitstop was due which left me almost at the back at the half-way point.

I had a great view of the incident between GF and Alain, the last I saw you were both 10 feet in the air so I was surprised to see you both managed to keep going.

As expected Ian, Matt and I were very close on laptimes, and I seemed to be a fraction faster than Ian but a bit slower than Matt. Unfortunately we were separated by a few second for the whole race until Ian went to mow the grass on the final turn and I pulled up right behind Matt as we crossed the line.

Well done to everyone in the SRS team who were really on form, and to the old favourites still charging around at the front. James seemed to progressing towards alien status again too.

I’d forgotten how hard these races are. My back was aching too (really need to get a racing seat ) and the concentration required is really tough, especially in the latter stages when you’re tiring and the field is more spread out.

Thanks for organising that GF, and to DR for the server. I’m going to get back to iracing now as the new season has just started, but I’ll definitely be back for more so hope to see you all soon.
Quote from mkinnov8 :And no, when a car doesn't jump out of the way under blue flags, its is not "blocking" Lauda, If you focused more on actually getting passed rather than what others are doing, you wouldnt have had a problem, or ended up falling off the track.

no comment!!!

also this accusation about 8balls taking out everyone in their way - hillarious. god help this guy!!!

Quote from de Souza :
4th place, free track, it was time to speed things up a bit. But seems like Laudi had another plans. He started putting some pressure, and after some laps he finally passed and built some gap. I followed him untill he got stuck behind a backmarker, and that nearly ended up nasty for both of them. I was again close to him, and after another fight, I was able to pass a couple of laps later.

besides that, i pretty much enjoyed the race. thx to all the fair drivers
This was a nice race. I didn't have the pace to keep up with FiredUp, but I had fun defending my position against storm_cloud who somehow ended up behind me at one point. It probably would've been close if he didn't have to leave.

Thanks for organizing.
Quote from .deFINe. :This was a nice race. I didn't have the pace to keep up with FiredUp, but I had fun defending my position against storm_cloud who somehow ended up behind me at one point. It probably would've been close if he didn't have to leave.

Thanks for organizing.

Always a pleasure to fight with a professional like a spdo driver
GF - When will the next meeting be? I was wanting to do it but as the GP ran over 7pm, I needed food so wasn't able to make it.
any chance of a GTTC getogether now?
bugger, I missed this
Quote from sam93 :GF - When will the next meeting be? I was wanting to do it but as the GP ran over 7pm, I needed food so wasn't able to make it.

Not sure - maybe in the new year.

Quote from Fuse5 :any chance of a GTTC getogether now?

Unlikely I'm afraid although if enough people badgered me I might be persuaded.
Hi all,

Was driving to a clients this morning listening to some music and thinking how it would sit with some GFC footage and it got me thinking about a re-union event again.

My business finally seems to be establishing itself and I'm very busy these days which is why I've never organised anything. But then I thought, all I need to do is pick a date and track and make a post here and see who's still about and interested in competing. That's assuming I don't get too competitive and start wanting to spend hours on improving my lap times and set up. But that's my problem

So if you are interested in competing in a GFC style event in the next month or two please make a post here and I'll arrange something.

If you don't know what the GFC is then visit www.gentlefoot.com. If you visit the forum you can see all the history of the event.

I'm gonna have a read of the post race reports later myself and reminisce.
Yeah sure I'll be delighted to enter the GFC again. Actually I'm competing in the Speedsims FOX challenge because I missed close FOX racing, and as it is about to end next saturday I'll have enough time at my hands.
That would be realy nice to get back into the nice duo class gentlefoot racing! ill try to be there for sure
I dont know GFC
but i like the fox and would be maybe in
I only had one successful event on GFC(was the only one that did not do a pitstop on that event, too!!! ) I would like to be more than in on this reunion race!
Would love another GFC clash Gentlefoot!
Hi again GF. Haven't raced on LFS for a looooong time but sure, I'd be there if I could
Great to hear from you GF every now and then
Yeah, the good ol times. Id be interested in a one-off GTTC race tho
I'd be well up for that, I had so much fun racing in the GFC, count me in.
yeh i too would be up for this, as long as i dont have something else arranged on the date.
I'd try hard to make it if my schedule allows.

I could probably bring several DSR members with me too, if you want.
Pending scheduling I'd be up for it as well, nice to see ya back...again
I'd love to participate

GFC Reunion
(238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG