The online racing simulator
GFC Reunion
(238 posts, started )
I want to join this event with the F0X ; )
iám in with FOX too^^
seeya!
Quote from Lateralus :So what time will the race be Eastern time? We go off of DST this weekend (is UK still on DST?) so I don't want to be an hour off.

Eastern on Sunday will be GMT-5
I opened up a server for practise, called "TLFR".
Free for all, running practise mode. Join any time, exchange sets, meet others for some battling on track and warm up for tomorrow. enjoy your stay

Ventrilo voice chat is also available for those who´d like to join. if there´s a problem with the server (noob-alert etc.), give me a shout on vt
To get there, download the latest client from ventrilo.com and connect to vt.fragmaster.net port 3808
False alarm. I can make it after all!

Look forward to tomorrow.
I'm really looking forward to this now, should get some prac in very late tonight and most of tomorrow. I've made a special skin for this race too, so I look forward to seeing it in motion, hopefully there will be 3 MF1's in the race.
Question! What's the Gentlefoot server going to be called? Because GF mentioned a tracker and i'm yet to see one!

Edit: Oh, and will there be an email? Or pm or just updated post in this thread?
Sorry, wont be able to make it. Not enough FO8 drivers anyway.

Have fun all.
Alain, is there a server available for us today? What's it called?

Can you PM me the password for it, thanks mate.

All,
I will post the password in the members section of the gentlefoot.com forum as usual and if any of you guys don't have an account then PM me here and I'll send it to you.

The race will be 53 laps in length. Looks like there are not enough FO8s for a decent race so I would recommend those drivers switch to FOX but ofcourse it is up to you. Qualifying will be the same as usual accept if there are no FO8s then it will only be 15 mins instead of 20.

As for start time, it is 20:00 UK Local Time. Please use the world clock if you are unsure what that is in your local time zone.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

I will update the list of entries now.
Racername: [SR] Jambo
LFS: Jambo
Car: FOX

Please sign me up. I hope there is a space available. ILL BE THERE!!
Racername:[SR]S.Sewart
LFS:sam93
Car: FOX, will change to the F08 if needs be.

Hope there is enough space.
I should deffently be there as F1 finishes in time.
The server is called [DR] Server 1 . As Gentlefoot posted he will make the password available through the GF Forum. For the moment being there´s no pass set, so you can join to practice.
-
(BAMBO) DELETED by BAMBO
Just to say that I wont be able to make it to the race, got to much to do. Thought I would be able to make it.
Quote from LRB_Aly :The server is called [DR] Server 1 . As Gentlefoot posted he will make the password available through the GF Forum. For the moment being there´s no pass set, so you can join to practice.

Thanks mate.

I won't bother updating the entry list again. Just turn up anyway.
nice one GF. Jst make sure there isnt too many now you have said that :O HAMILTONFAN!
The absolute shittyist grid ive ever raced with. Alan - Use your mirrors before you move over on a car. Ray... no hope of getting through that corner at that angle, use the brain.

The 8Ball guys... acted as a team to take out anyone who passed them.

And no, when a car doesn't jump out of the way under blue flags, its is not "blocking" Lauda, If you focused more on actually getting passed rather than what others are doing, you wouldnt have had a problem, or ended up falling off the track.

Want to see a perfect example of how to pass a slower car? Watch .Define. - Top 4 - Complete gentlemen. Other than that, the slower cars have 0 rights whatsoever, which has always been the way in these races.

Big Grids... Keep em.
Quote from mkinnov8 :The absolute shittyist grid ive ever raced with. Alan - Use your mirrors before you move over on a car. Ray... no hope of getting through that corner at that angle, use the brain.

The 8Ball guys... acted as a team to take out anyone who passed them.

And no, when a car doesn't jump out of the way under blue flags, its is not "blocking" Lauda, If you focused more on actually getting passed rather than what others are doing, you wouldnt have had a problem, or ended up falling off the track.

Want to see a perfect example of how to pass a slower car? Watch .Define. - Top 4 - Complete gentlemen. Other than that, the slower cars have 0 rights whatsoever, which has always been the way in these races.

Big Grids... Keep em.

Oh so you had a good race then mate
Quote from mkinnov8 :The absolute shittyist grid ive ever raced with. Alan - Use your mirrors before you move over on a car.

What you mean. Our accident was an unfortunate one. I´ve oversteered a bit, and ran into you. I´m sorry it happened but that´s racing. Had nothing to do with mirrors caus you where beside me.
"Lost connection to host".....

I had a lot of fun: I messed up qualifying but had very good race pace. By my pitstop I was in fifth. If I had finished I reckon I would have got into 4th place, maybe even 3rd. Time to buy a new ISP...

Oh, good racing from all the former GFC guys - but some of the new drivers weren't so good. But still: was very fun indeed.
Bah my race was horrible. DIdn´t had the time to practice and so I had no meaningfull set. While in qualifying I could have done a low 1:35 (if I hadn´t to fix some wheel problems), my race set was horrible. Oversteering a bit everywhere (even in the last sector before the start/finish straight), I had to fight the car in every corner. Unfortunatly GF and me ran together and we had to pit both to fix the damages. Later I got together with STB, sorry mate it was an unfortunate race incident, I knew you where there, well sorry. While the race progressed, my wheel got more and more off center until I had to give up completely (by then it reached almost 90 degrees of off-center to the right). Well I think I gotta fix it now or I´ll bye a new one.
Good fun. Qualified 9th I think but had to throw away my probable pb in qualify because someone nearly spun in front of me and kept driving in the racing line.

The race was better. Started with a full tank, wich in my mind would make me slow when the grid was close/slow and fast when I'd have a clear track. Things started nicely as I was able to pass James at the start and the T1 incident made me go up another 2 places, so I was in 6th before the first split.

James was putting a lot of pressure while I was trying to keep close to Gentlefoot for the next laps. I even tried something after the chicane but he defended well and eventually got away. In the meantime James and Alain started to fight behind me, something that I was happy about. But Alain was having some handling issues and made an off-road trip at the last corner.

No need to say James was sneaking behind me in no time, and passed me after I screwed the chicane exit. But he spun right after, at T1, something I missed for a few inches. Oddly enough, Gentlefoot did the same 3 corners later. Want more? Blackbird did the same 1 lap later.

4th place, free track, it was time to speed things up a bit. But seems like Laudi had another plans. He started putting some pressure, and after some laps he finally passed and built some gap. I followed him untill he got stuck behind a backmarker, and that nearly ended up nasty for both of them. I was again close to him, and after another fight, I was able to pass a couple of laps later.

From there on - lap 22 -, my race was lonely. Was around 10s behind Storm Cloud and trying to keep the gap that way, because getting close to him is still impossible for me. Fortunately I was going faster than those behind me.

By the time I pitted at lap 37, Storm was ~12s ahead and Blackbird ~18s behind, so things were looking good. But I forgot the repair damage option on, and that really started to worry me when my pit was taking too long to end - specially because of Kringle, he was already behind Blackbird and going pretty fast. But heh, he ran out of fuel in 3 laps later...

My only concern was Blackbird, but I managed to stay ahead of him after my pit. Then Storm Cloud left, and it was all calm to me untill the finish line. Managed to keep the same pace as Define and even got a bit closer, wich made me happy given the fast driver he is (he was probably taking it easy, but who cares ). Had my Hamilton moment though, puncture last corner, hit the wall, spin on main straight, and nearly lost the 3rd place to Blackbird. Good stuff in general, enjoyed racing with you guys again.

Holy crap, this post became a bit long I guess....
Quote from de Souza :specially because of Kringle, he was already behind Blackbird and going pretty fast. But heh, he ran out of fuel in 3 laps later...

Yeah, thanks for reminding me of that extremely painful moment! It'll forever scar my LFS memory...
Sorry.

I just got extremely lucky in this race, people were having all sorts of issues when close to me. That's scary...
Nice report De Souza. I enjoyed the race for 30 laps but I haven't done any LFS for a while and am not used to it. My wrists and shoulders started to ache and my eys were going funny and after 35 odd laps I parked it in the garage after spinning and cooking my rears. I really couldn't face all that oversteer for 2 laps while they cooled. Sorry guys - I know it's bad form to quit like that. Set was a bit oversteery too which didn't help.

Still had a lot of fun in the first few laps until I touched the grass at entry to the chicane and spun and just after that me and Al got stuck into each other. So I tried to chase down the MF1 guys and was making progress when I slid and cooked the rears again with too much width on entry to the second to last corner after putting the rears on the grass,

That's my most common mistake - should remember to leave a bit of margin at entry in these long races.

Good fun though and I will organise another one in a few months. Some drivers seemed to have developed well since that last GFC race. You could tell who's been racing and who hasn't.
Quote from de Souza :Sorry.

I just got extremely lucky in this race, people were having all sorts of issues when close to me. That's scary...

It seems you have learned the Jedi mind trick since I've been away

GFC Reunion
(238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG