The online racing simulator
How about using the gold membership for your existing account?
Quote from Equinox :Hey guys, just got xbox live gold & I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer!

Since I used a different account "offline" & managed to rack up some pretty decent cars, now that account is Silver & I use my Gold account online, can I gift all my cars from silver account to gold account?

Pretty sure you need a gold acc to be able to gift cars, so no.
Quote from sinbad :And as for DLC cars which are basically just faster versions of existing cars..... they must think we're mugs or something.

Yeah, so I really hope future DLC cars will be slower/older version of existing cars. Need my old accord, old MR2, Old M5 and Old Evos.
Quote from Equinox :Hey guys, just got xbox live gold & I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer!

Since I used a different account "offline" & managed to rack up some pretty decent cars, now that account is Silver & I use my Gold account online, can I gift all my cars from silver account to gold account?

i have a 48hr live code if you want ti so then you can gift them over
i know this is a bit of a long shot but is there any uber rich players on here that could give me £1430000 so i can buy a ac cobra please i would be willing to give my lotus 2 eleven and my 68 gt500
if you want cash quickly, get your AI driver to race some endurance races and or long tours. Make sure you turn all the assists off so you maximize your profit.
how do i get my controller to stop turning off
Quote from brt900 :how do i get my controller to stop turning off

buy some batteries?
Use the play and charge lead
i havent tried it since i got my play and charge kit
lol sounds gay. Rechargable batteries are all I have ever used, just run 4/8 (if u have 2x controller) on a cycle, they last for ages. by the time one set is flat the next lot is good to go..
Quote from senn :lol sounds gay. Rechargable batteries are all I have ever used, just run 4/8 (if u have 2x controller) on a cycle, they last for ages. by the time one set is flat the next lot is good to go..

But not all of us are that smart :P you only need 3 batteries and one controller for this cycle to work, which is handy as the battery recharge hub has only two battery slots.
Quote from mutt107 :buy some batteries?

The controller turns off automatically after 10 minutes to save batteries.

Just plug in the USB charger and the controller will never turn off. Or put a rubber band on one of the sticks (continued input keeps the controller from turning off).
or get a wired controller like i did
I have made a post on forza central about msff wheel ffb issues and forza 3 steering aid issues. Can other msff wheel users take a look and see if they have similar issues?

Quote :I've been recently analysing the way forza 3 aids the player with steering when using msff wheel, trying to understand why forza 3 at times feels very realistic, but sometimes dumbed down (as if the game was saving from trouble as automatically).

My observations:
- Game will help the player by countersteering just enough. For example with small countersteer in actual wheel, the steering in game will already have good enough countersteer to catch a slide. Ofcourse if a very small input is made with a wheel then the steering help here might not work.

For msff wheel that is 270 degrees I think it's not a bad idea if we are not allowed to setup wheel linearity etc. ourselves. But I think it would be better if racing cars had more realistic steering lock (as much less than they have no).

Now to the bad part:
- Imagine a situation: Car catches a slide, rear tires have lost their grip (are over the peak). When they are about to regain traction (become green in telemetry) the in-game steering will start oscilating left and right, while returning slowly to the center, making sure that the car won't flick the other way (as it would have caused the pendulum effect). As an example live for speed has pretty realistic "flick the other way", gt5 demo has it way overdone, and forza 3 probably has it, but hides it almost completly with steering aid.

This I hate a lot. First of all it takes away the challenge, makes oversteer feel weird sometimes.

Secondly it makes forcefeedback worse especially for drifting. Turn10 have done a very good job on forcefeedback, the msff wheel can countersteer on itself like a real wheel would do in real life when drifting. But during a drift transition when rear tires are about to regain some traction, the in-game wheel starts oscilating, causing unnecessary peak changes in front tires, which causes forcefeedback to slow down. Why ffb slows down? When front tires go over the peak (or one of them depending on car direction), the steering starts feeling numb/heavy/loose at the same time and doesn't countersteer by itself anymore.

In the end, imagine a situation: You drift left corner, prepare for a transition to the right corner. You let off the steering wheel, it countersteers to the right, kind of slows down/stops in the center, then starts countersteering again to the right.

It is VERY annoying as it makes ffb not dependable, I always have to be carefull to make sure that I turn the wheel myself when it slows down in the center. Moreover, it makes me setup cars in unrealistic way to cope with the ffb slowdowns.

To sum it up, I think this issue is the problem for all of us who are seeking realism in forza 3. For racers, because it makes recovering from oversteer very easy and often feels dumb.

For drifters, because it causes unwanted ffb slowdowns during wheel self-countersteer during transitions, and becauses it makes transitions feel sometimes weirdly smooth and sometimes "slowed down", not agressive enough.

Moreover, we won't know how realistic forza really is, until the steering help is removed. I am the player, not the game. I want to be the one in control when driving.

What do you think guys? I'm thinking about creating such thread on official forums, maybe Turn10 could remove this help for advanced players..

I think this is what every say about Forza not having "real" steering control, I feel it personally, it's obvious in replays too, at a suddenly big slide you can see the steering sped up very quickly to an ideal countersteering angle, sometimes it is too fast for normal human being to achieve and it would look unnatural.

I don't know if it is somehow needed to provide control with a wheel with so little steering angle, but if it can be possibly tuned down I would certainly love to have this option.
JJ72: That is not so much of a problem. Read what I've written in bold. This is a much worse steering aid in forza 3.
you mean even if you hold the steering still, the in game steering will loosen up the rack and recover by itself? i'll have to look into that.
Quote from JJ72 :you mean even if you hold the steering still, the in game steering will loosen up the rack and recover by itself? i'll have to look into that.

Yes it kind of does. It won't countersteer to the center completly, but during a moment when rear tires are about to regain their grip and a "flick" is suppoused to happen, a steering aid gets activated. On msff I can see in telemetry that in-game wheel during that situation is very quickly turning left/right and slowly moving to the center with that movement. Even with a mid engined car I have to really try hard to make the "flick the other way" happen. If I try to get things really out of control on purpouse then things start feeling very dumbed down. Even the slicks won't bite at all when regaining traction. And it all seems to be the effect of that steering aid, which is a good bet since tire telemetry + in-game steering telemetry says a lot.

edit:

I just checked it again in game to reply on forza central. So definitely the game will recover from slide by itself when rear tires are about to catch the grip. Just awesome.. I really think we have some impressive physics engine here, but when it's dumbed down by shit like this..

Quote from KINGSBPD :Are you sure you ar enot confusing wheel centering based on caster with "ffb counter steering"?

No. To explain it even more clearly. The steering aid starts returning in-game wheel to the center by itself when rear tires are about to regain the grip. Even If I hold a msff wheel at constant countersteer, at the exact time when rear tires are about to regain the grip, ingame wheel (visible in telemetry) will start in a shaky way moving to the center. This is why forza 3 is so forviging when it comes to oversteer and why it won't flick the other way if driver has too much countersteer at the time when rear tires catch grip.

And this shaky movement also causes unneccesary peak changes in front tires. Moreover, during a drift transitions rear tires are getting close to catching the grip or even catching it for half a second. Because of that, the steering aid will enable itself, which will slow down the countersteer or almost stop it at the center for a little moment.

To be even more clear. If you do use a handbrake during a drift transition at the right time, it will make sure that rear tires peak will be very high and the steering aid won't be enabled then (so the wheel will countersteer all the way from left to right, or right to left). In real life drifting handbrake can be used for the same reason in some specific corners.

Again, this aid makes recovering oversteer especially on racing slicks too easy and smooth (car is very unlikely to flick the other way, there is no "biting" from tires). And it makes especially low speed drifting on tight sections (corner after corner) feel really weird.
T10 wrote some stuff about steering aid in an interview with AutoSimSport, called "Mythbusta", might be worth a read and see if any of it is relavent?
how i paint a car? like for example i want to recreate a skin I made in LFS, how can I do it without all the lines and Forza has? or I shall do it with all the decals and stuff Forza has?
maybe it would be easier to help if you post a pic of the skin you want to make.
Quote from chanoman315 :how i paint a car? like for example i want to recreate a skin I made in LFS, how can I do it without all the lines and Forza has? or I shall do it with all the decals and stuff Forza has?

Thats the only way to use what forza gives you, it may give you like 30 odd layers to make the right design if not more, but that he best there is.
Also you statement contradicts its self? What do you mean by lines vs decals? Makes no sense.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG