The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :Soooooo I bought this from Steam a week or so ago.

Whats the online side like? Never played GTA online before...

IMO GTA is mainly a game to be played in single player mode. Complete the storyline, it's pretty decent. I've joined a few games online but honestly didn't really enjoy it much. I've never seen the fun in multiplayer GTA but that's just me; I've seen plenty of people say some of their best times gaming were online with GTA 4
Quote from obsolum :IMO GTA is mainly a game to be played in single player mode. Complete the storyline, it's pretty decent. I've joined a few games online but honestly didn't really enjoy it much. I've never seen the fun in multiplayer GTA but that's just me; I've seen plenty of people say some of their best times gaming were online with GTA 4

You need to play it with friends. And it helps if you have something called a sense of humour.
Quote from JasonJ :You don't fly to the moon when you crash a car or a barrier, which is nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14hrJG27TBM

Yes, it's much, much better when you play with friends. I for one have about 5 friends who have GTA IV and we play online a lot, it's very fun.

I made a gameplay video of the online mode for those interested... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvKjFdzeDts

It's nothing special, just running from the cops in free mode shooting and trying to get as many stars as possible without dying. But with friends, it's a lot of fun!

We basically just play in Free Mode, though we do plenty of different things in this mode.

Edit: I forgot to mention... my Games for Windows Live acc is Velociround5, just in case someone wants to play online.
Quote from jibber :You need to play it with friends. And it helps if you have something called a sense of humour.

Hmm, I have neither of those...

Some funny videos there Velociround, but i have to ask. Why is it, that you Brazilians/Spanish/Mexicans always say "kekekekekek" or the worst one, which is "jajajajajajajaja". Why the hell can't you guys just say "lol"! It's really annoying!
Has anyone any idea if or when one or both of the episodes will be available for PC systems? I don't get why they are not available for at least Windows. There must be some contract with Microsoft to only release them for Xbox but why? MS also earns money from selling Windows.
Quote from 5tag :Has anyone any idea if or when one or both of the episodes will be available for PC systems? I don't get why they are not available for at least Windows. There must be some contract with Microsoft to only release them for Xbox but why? MS also earns money from selling Windows.

They're Xbox exlusive It was announced that the game would get exclusive DLC worth at least xx hours of gameplay long before GTA 4 was released. So yeah... I don't think they'll be available for the PC anytime soon (if ever).
Quote from Xaid0n :That's bizarre, I can't even get online with my mods, just simply refuses to even let me host "You cannot access online gameplay with modded files" it says on the mobile.

They seem to be all using "Trainers", where they have no bullet spread (100% accuracy) spawn weapons to no end and they are invincible.
Totally kills it and I don't play anymore because it's just a joke. I dunno why yours don't work. I don't use 'em.

Occasionally (1/million) you find a server with about 10 ppl not using cheats and it's freaking great fun, then some 'tard comes in and ruins it all. Worse than LFS demo tbh.
Hi, I need help here....

I own a original GTA4 and after instal it 6 months ago it was all fine.I was able to play online etc,etc..... But a week ago the game crass and I try to find wtf was happend(?). The only solution that I found was to re-instal the game again... The problem is that now I cant go online (no save:schwitz and even if I login in Live or Rockstar I cant login again.... It says that "Live is not available in all countries" I dint chanz my location (LOL) or do something to the parameters of the game or my pc....... So if someone can help thanks!

P.S. GTA4 cant load my pre-unistal save game

STB
Quote from jibber :That was great!

some funny moments yeah hehehe

GTA is nice to play in offline and online. A friend, my brother and me, we use a free mode and give city tours doing silly things for example, but there are many choices in online gaming.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Some funny videos there Velociround, but i have to ask. Why is it, that you Brazilians/Spanish/Mexicans always say "kekekekekek" or the worst one, which is "jajajajajajajaja". Why the hell can't you guys just say "lol"! It's really annoying!

Well I don't really know, I could say it's to give emphasis to the laugher, because we do laugh very hard playing GTA IV, and using just "lol" every time wouldn't cut. But that, I think, is because it's really something cultural, I don't know any Brazilian who doesn't laugh like this. Besides, we don't have any abreviation for laughing, since "lol, rofl, lmao" etc don't mean anything in portuguese. The equivalent to rofl would be "rncdr", lol would be "ra", and lmao would be "cdtr", which are, let's say, ridiculous, and no one would understand what that means. Also, every person has a different kind of laugh, but the main ones are:

kkk = lol
KKKKK = LOL (the more K there are, the more and the longer you're laughing)
aeuhaueh = lmao (same as above)
HUAEUHE (short) = LMAO
HUHAEUHEAU[...] (long) = ROFL
HAHA! = LOL! (short and loud laughter)

Some weird people with this new "digital inclusion" that's happening in Brazil also laugh like "koapkaokapok" (which doesn't make any sense at all, but some people who are new to the internet laugh like that, specially woman, even though some weird guys laugh like that too). There is also another variation with "riairairair" which is used by people who use the brazilian letter "H", that doesn't have any sound, so they use R to replace the sound they want. Since this is very ridiculous (and it's a fail too, because only the first R has the sound they want, and the other ones have different sound), many people started to use that as a joke, for instance, in those "funny pics". That has spread to the internet through the "dorgas mano cães", which are pics of police dogs searching for drugs, with the captions "DORGAS MANO!", that means "DURGS YO!" (yes, the R in "drugs" is written incorrectly).

There are many variations for the laugh, it depends on each person. The most common one uses H, U and A. The other variations can include the letters H, U, A, E, S, O and, in the most weird cases, P and K. H is always required, and A is very common too, although some very few people don't use it. The longer the written laughter, the longer you are laughing. Some people here usually keep typing that until they stop laughing or until they get out of space to type if it's something they find really funny. Then they send the laugh, and keep writing the laughter at the next line if they're still laughing. That kind of occupies a lot of space on chats, and when more than one person starts laughing like that, the conversation can be said to be over and you can't read anything else on the chat because there is a lot of "HAEHUEHA" being spammed (when there are more than 3 people). Fortunately, those are rare lol.

[EDIT] I don't always laugh like that (as you can see in the video), and I'm very discrete when laughing in portuguese. It's just that, I laughed so hard back there. In english, I always use the common ones according to how much I am laughing: lol, rofl, lmao, roflmao, etc.[/EDIT]

Quote from JasonJ :They seem to be all using "Trainers", where they have no bullet spread (100% accuracy) spawn weapons to no end and they are invincible.
Totally kills it and I don't play anymore because it's just a joke. I dunno why yours don't work. I don't use 'em.

Occasionally (1/million) you find a server with about 10 ppl not using cheats and it's freaking great fun, then some 'tard comes in and ruins it all. Worse than LFS demo tbh.

From the description I'd say my server would be like one of these 1/million, and when some 'tard comes in I kick him.

There's just a problem I have found... there is a cheat that makes other people (even the server owner) unable to see the cheater's profile from the in-game phone, which makes us totally unable to kick or vote to kick him. When that happens, everyone just gets out of the server, I make another server again, everyone gets in and we continue what we were doing before. That's what happened today. Ask Bose.

I found it funny that everyone immediately left the server and the cheater stayed there with no one else for him to cheat on.

On a side note: there are much more cheats than that: super speed, super grip, instant-transportation, spawn cars, spawn weapons, god mode, infinite ammo, etc. It's such a shame. I've always hated all kinds of cheats, and I never used nor will use cheats. People who use cheats in public online games should be banned from the internet.
Quote from JasonJ :You don't fly to the moon when you crash a car or a barrier, which is nice.

Swing glitch > barrier glitch.
Thanks for clearing that up. For the longest time I just thought ppl were saying "Yes yes yes yes yes" ("jajajajajaja")
LOL! jajaja!! is the same than hahaha!! but in Spain (or Castilian/Hispanic speakers/writers haha) :twirl:
Some pics doing a bit of off-road with Cavalcades haha

You should have taken Patriot instead
Not really, they are all pretty much equal because they all have open diff which makes them equally bad.
I cant seem to get it to work on my computer.
It keeps trying to update in steam, and then Rockstar social thing is like invalid thing or application.
Its annoying me. Ive played it once then its never worked again and have done all those trouble shooting things.
Maybe its just cause its XP.
Any help?
Steam IV tells me "you cannot access multiplayer with modified files" wtf. No, haven't downloaded any mods. Some steam shit again?
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Steam IV tells me "you cannot access multiplayer with modified files" wtf. No, haven't downloaded any mods. Some steam shit again?

You need to verify your cache files, and maybe delete any trainers you might have installed

Edit: Right click on GTA IV in the games list > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache
Brilliant.
Quote from Xaid0n :You need to verify your cache files, and maybe delete any trainers you might have installed

Edit: Right click on GTA IV in the games list > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache

Thank you

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG