The online racing simulator
If only the interiors would have been released at some point....arhh beatin' a dead horse
The problem is that LFS dev want to do EVERYTHING at once.

- Tyre heating and cooling -> Patch 0.6A
- AI driver improvements -> Not important, Patch 0.6B
- Limited setup system -> Maybe with patch 0.6A, can wait to 0.6B too.
- Suspension updates -> Patch 0.6B or C
- VW stability control -> Last thing to worry about, patch 0.6Z

Most of the things can wait for later, because it takes YEARS to release it otherwise. Oh, why don't you annunce and start doing night mode and the other 6 vehicles that are unplanned yet, so you can do it all at once and release it by 2020?
What will LFS be in 10 years?
Dead, rotten, forgotten.
Stability control is a part of the car. 0.6A musthave
Scawen should make S3 double expensive, buy every moaner a rFactor license and give them a lifetime ban from LfS.
Quote from Ger Roady :Scawen should make S3 double expensive, buy every moaner a rFactor license and give them a lifetime ban from LfS.

after a minute...still laughing very hard at this post...
Quote from kimd41 :The problem is that LFS dev want to do EVERYTHING at once.

There's a reason for that.

Quote from kimd41 :- Tyre heating and cooling -> Patch 0.6A
- Suspension updates -> Patch 0.6B or C
- VW stability control -> Last thing to worry about, patch 0.6Z
- AI driver improvements -> Not important, Patch 0.6B
- Limited setup system -> Maybe with patch 0.6A, can wait to 0.6B too.

The devs tend to release many physics updates simultaneously to reduce number of times overall that statistics get reset. Every physics change causes the car(s) affected to have their stats nullified. Would you like to have to have to deal with that every 6 or 9 or 12 months if you are say, a league admin or someone else who relies on using those stats for some reason? I sure wouldn't.

As was said earlier, VW Stability control is part of the car, so it can't wait. May not be important to you, but for the simulation aspect it is.

AI..meh, they could use an update, and some enjoy using the AI...still beneficial.

Anyway, I'm happily running events and whatnot and have already got my 24 GBP worth of this sim....and I'll keep running events as long as there are people interested and willing to run in them.

d
today its the last day of the year
What will LFS be in 10 years? A damn fine racing simulator. That's what.
+1

I hope they never get tired of developing it.
Somehow this thread reminds me of back in 2004 (or late 2003 don´t remind it) when all the moaning came up about when S2 will be released.

The ony thing I can say is: They did release it and so will it be with what they are working on.
ya, all of this negativity is ruining LFS, there is seriously no reason to talk trash about the devs, they could have just kept the game for themselfes.

think about it, 3 ordinary people, making a game that is mainly better then any other simulator on the market made by 10 times as many people
Just a tiny reminder of what LFS looked like, "a few years ago".

click

Source

Happy new year folks.

Edit: Yup, I couldn't resist...
Quote from 510N3D :Just a tiny reminder of what LFS looked like, "a few years ago".

click

Source

Happy new year folks.

Edit: Yup, I couldn't resist...

Arg, I hate my slow internet...
would take me couple of hours to download and probably my Connection would get lost half way in..(if it is the same as back in 2007, with 280 Meg or some).
Not sure if I have watched it back then, or if I knew you were involved..
Guess it has to wait then..
In 10 years LFS would probably be dead, another game is much better than this, or LFS will still be popular.

At this rate, in 10 years time there will be s7 or s8 coming out so...
Quote from Torben :Arg, I hate my slow internet...
would take me couple of hours to download and probably my Connection would get lost half way in..(if it is the same as back in 2007, with 280 Meg or some).
Not sure if I have watched it back then, or if I knew you were involved..
Guess it has to wait then..

Ýup, it is the one clip from 2007 and no, I'm not involved at all, apart from the creation of this clip itself.

What will LFS be in 10 years? Well, i hope it's going to kick ass, but I'm afraid it doesn't. But then again, how could I, or anyone in that respect, be certain about the outcome at all anyways?!

The glass is half full, or in other words: Hoping for the best, and been prepared for the rest.
Quote from Oveglfhzl :In 10 years LFS would probably be dead, another game is much better than this, or LFS will still be popular.

At this rate, in 10 years time there will be s7 or s8 coming out so...

Why would you care, you will still keep on being a demo racer anyway.
a demo racer who only joined a month ago too lol. gtfo noob
Oracle: "The power of the One extends beyond this world. It reaches from here all the way back to where it came from: The Source."

Quote from Oveglfhzl :At this rate, in 10 years time there will be s7 or s8 coming out so...

At this rate I would be happy with S2 Final
I hope a LFS with the nurburgring!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lfs in 10 Years mmmhh.

I would say Lfs is Still Standing, like now.

What will LFS be in 10 years?
(292 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG