The online racing simulator
Quote from Stefani24 :The devs said they are done when S3 is done.
So S3 may be done in 6-7 years, and if they feel like it, they're gonna release modding tools and let us do cars and tracks, and that's it.

Maybe you don't know, the devs decide S3 is not the end of Lfs development !
I usually don't post in such threads since I know it won't get anywhere and it will just be more wood building up a fire but man, I am really getting annoyed by this monotonous threads which all end up in the same way. Either closed or so overfilled with nonsense that it's either abandoned or just left as a shallow hull of a pathetic argument's goal. Quite ironical when you think that what I am about to write is more or less the same thing but I just feel like letting this off.

I have literally had it with these stereotypes! I just wonder when they will stop but it's pretty obvious that it won't end! I'm tired of so called moaners and the moaners that moan about the moaners, sick of the fanboys who just swirl around looking for a meaningless excuse to defend their opinion and glad that there are some people who still have reasoning and just shus up because they know it won't get them anywhere and it won't achieve anything (quite ironical again...)

I mean, you get guys that claim that things are not developing fast enough and then they just point the finger at iRacing and claim that the problem is solved when it isn't. It's basically filing up a hole with the dirt dug from another hole. It seems that people forget a very basic mathematical rule: Each action has a reaction.

For iRacing might have a lot of updates but you have to spend at least 200-250 dollars to get it to a decently sized content. Now as realistic as it might be, that's still IMO quite a rip off. If the devs where to give us more content, they'd need more developers, thus need more money and thus would charge more to fund the sim's development. But if that's what makes you happy, then go to iRacing. I'm sure they're happy about it as well but you'll probably end up complaining about how much it cost. There are just some people who just can't be pleased. You can offer them perfection and they'd still find something to complain about.

We've all paid 24 pounds for a sim which we've all played and is pretty much completed so to speak. All the free content we get can be called bonuses since it's free, with the exception of a few major goal points. I mean LFS might be still in the development stage but you can't claim that what we've played till now is not a full game by normal standards.

Besides, even if you guys do want faster updates, you're not really helping. Working hard at something everyday and then for people to tell you that it's basically crap is not really very motivational. Especially when you're not technically getting paid for it directly. You'd probably just quit but luckily, there are more people out there that enjoy this sim then the ones that don't. And that's what keeps someone ticking. Not the money but the fact that your work is appreciated. Unfortunately, those that do don't stand up as much as the ones that don't
#79 - senn
There is thus no Bambo, the devs here have announced that new car more than a year, was up to date for launch, I had already used the skins for my team, and nothing happened, just apologize long after, I spend hours playing LFS I like this simulator, brought many friends to buy the S2, I just want the updates that have been disclosed as the new road and mainly the new physics, if I have to pay so great because they worked to develop fair that they receive then send the bill and released the update, I'm waiting impatiently same.
Another thing I am in favor that they can charge for content, so we would win with advances imaginable.
#81 - Gunn
In ten years time there will be even more wankers on the forum.
this sim will go nowhere with the pace of development now
Not very different

Development is very poor, they won't allow user created content to naturally flourish the game... look at how frickin huge rfactor is. They won't allow 2048 x 2048 texture download only 512 (is this the year 2000?).

Whats hurting LFS most is these new EXCLUSIVE Noob Check and PB checking/kicking scripts. Excluding NEW players, I finally convinced my friend to buy S2, and hes continously alienated by these servers, so much so hes gone back to playing rFactor.

Not to mention they can't get a model released, they get assistance from VW with the Scirocco and its been a full year but still can't get it released? car was promised to s2 players? BUT now it may be S3? what is this shit

Quote from Stefani24 :The devs said they are done when S3 is done.

So S3 may be done in 6-7 years, and if they feel like it, they're gonna release modding tools and let us do cars and tracks, and that's it.

So Basically, still DX8, no shaders same lfs pretty much, why buy?

On the fence, I currently regret buying s2
unfortunilty, same here
Quote from BAMBO :~snip~

It's the age of sensory overload (or ring tone generation) where most people are getting bored by new stuff extraordinary quickly. It seems like, the minute something gets released, it's already outdated. Look at how many times a game engine has only slightly been updated and then sold under a new name, or look at how often people are "in the need" to get themselves new toys'n gadgets, like "new" cell phones, mp3 players and whatever. Just to name a few examples.

I'm not saying that progress itself in general sucks, but the way it's happening or we as a society allowing it to happen certainly does.

Think about it, how can anyone, and especially those that have got a licence, that demand a faster pace of development be taken any serious? Explaining the conditions, over and over again is a waste of time and if you haven't read the fine print in the first place, tough shit, blame yourself, naggers.
Probebly with a sirocco r15 rockingham proper physics, but if thats enough to get over another 10 years pfoe...

though what can u expect from the devs, the made this game in the first place just for fun and now its so freaking popular and a forum full of people annoying the devs to hurry up there asses for new stuff its a bit mixed tbh in 10 years the might say im to old for this stuff or whatever
In 10 years, 70% of us won't even remember what is LFS.
Quote from TexasLTU :In 10 years, 70% of us won't even remember what is LFS.

I'm sure this is just a coincidence but that's only slightly more than the percentage of demo users online at any given time.
Quote from broken :which

***k you, fanboy

Seriously, though there is no reason for development to be this slow. If money is the issue, do the devs not realize that people would pay right now for any new content? I could round up at least 100 forum users who would be glad to pay $10 for the scirocco to be done, or for Rockingham to be completed, or...anything. Anything at all. Is time the issue? What else are they working on? Most people work from 9-5 and still manage to do some of the other things they want to do. Again, money is a great motivator for someone to get to work and they could have money flowing in by tonight if they wanted. I believe they are simply no longer interested in lfs and would like to stop working on it, but there is too much bitching on the forums to ignore. If we all just stopped expecting updates lfs could die a peaceful, quiet death. I stopped playing lfs and moved on to better, more modern sims. Shouldn't we all?
Im my opinion LFS will be with the same things and with no people playing, Well i love this game but its gets boring and boring without new cars and stuff, i hope really LFS moves on quickly( sorry for my english )

To be honest i would be expecting a patch in christmax ... Seem i was wrong.
Quote from Gunn :In ten years time there will be even more wankers on the forum.

Thanks for this sophisticated and objective statement Mr Gunn.
Most of you guys is plain silly. Having points of view from a 10 year old kid... Let me try to explain why is that.

This rate of progress in development is what keeps LFS alive. What would happen if LFS progress had finished right now. I mean if we had rain and all the stuff right now, we'd have fun for couple of years and that would be it. Actually developers would try to fix numberless bugs in all those cool features, but even when they finish it noone would enjoy those features anymore because we already had enough of those features. Example Sim-Bin GTR etc.

What we'll have in 10 years time is probably and hopefully double the cars and tracks with some new categories and some new features, maybe not all, because after-all we have only 3 developers who are making this game perfect. Yes I said it, they are making it perfect even I already said above they are making smart marketing move with this development progress rate. But I don't mind them being this smart and calculated because I know that they actually enjoy the perfection more then the money.

And ya, Marry Christmas to ya'll and to devs too o/
I'l be banned, I Wont care..
Quote from N I K I :Most of you guys is plain silly. Having points of view from a 10 year old kid... Let me try to explain why is that.

This rate of progress in development is what keeps LFS alive. What would happen if LFS progress had finished right now. I mean if we had rain and all the stuff right now, we'd have fun for couple of years and that would be it. Actually developers would try to fix numberless bugs in all those cool features, but even when they finish it noone would enjoy those features anymore because we already had enough of those features. Example Sim-Bin GTR etc.

So you're saying more content and features at this point would be a bad thing? Now who's being silly?
Ofcourse it won't exist any more. You know what happens in 2012!!!

Quote from Applebee :Ofcourse it won't exist any more. You know what happens in 2012!!!

You're retarted if you believe in that 2012 crap.

What will LFS be in 10 years?
(292 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG