The online racing simulator
we'd still be waiting for the scirocco to be released
Reading youtube comments will be still more entertaining than threads like these...
Quote from Morti :I hope a LFS with the nurburgring!!!!!!!!!!!!

early in future sure
Quote from 510N3D :Reading youtube comments will be still more entertaining than threads like these...

can't agree more
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :What will LFS be in 10 years? A damn fine racing simulator. That's what.

Amen. And i think it'd be good to close the thread at that note, as i can hardly imagine threads like these are going to motivate the devs to keep on working on LFS.
honestly, same graphics, cars, tracks, textures. year has gone by, no new car, 3 months, no physics, I am wondering if the developers are giving up.
Quote from Scorpio12344 :honestly, same graphics, cars, tracks, textures. year has gone by, no new car, 3 months, no physics, I am wondering if the developers are giving up.

did i really just read your post right

in 10 years. a year has gone by, no new car, it takes SO much work to program in a car, with that advanced modeling, and detail, 3 months, no physics? that isnt a 1, 2, 3. thing either :jawdrop:
Quote from Scorpio12344 :honestly, same graphics, cars, tracks, textures. year has gone by, no new car, 3 months, no physics, I am wondering if the developers are giving up.

You've been S2 licensed for half a year, done around 7000km online and haven't raced online for over 2 months. Seems like you're the one who's given up and rather quickly, I may add
What will LFS be in 10 years?

A distant memory, the way things are going.
Looking at how things are going, dead and long forgotten

How can there be so much negativity? have the entire LFS communty decided to go EMO and cut they selves or what?

On one side there is demo users and newcomer(less then a year) that are already fed up with the game, if you cant enjoy LFS now you probably wont after 1 month with a new patch either.

On another side there is the old school guys that are fed up with the game, but has too much spare time on their hands so they linger on the forums telling everybody "how great LFS was in teh good old days" and how it "sucks" now.

On yet another side there is the 12 year old´s coming into the game freshly from playing NFS series and these are expecting not only updates... but an entire new game every 6 months.

Just move on to another game and be miserable there, and let those who like LFS stay here and enjoy our selves.
maybe someone should create a thread 'i love LFS and dont mind the Devs take their time to make it great' as a bounce off of 'i am glad LFS is harder and more realistic now'

the people who agree are the true supporters
(i would join in a heartbeat :hide
In ten years, the Scirocco and Tyre Physics are still in development, we did say they'd be released 10 years ago, but...
Quote from tinky winky :In ten years, the Scirocco and Tyre Physics are still in development, we did say they'd be released 10 years ago, but...

Uh huh. Now that's what I call a post with very good arguments. Lets take argument number 1: "We"(?) have said that VWS and tyre physics will be released 10 years ago. This is now very well said. I do remember how you were excited 10 years ago, when "we"(?) announced that. It means also that you are here from long enough (over 10 years apparently) time to moan about how fast development is. Argument number 2: Um... It's so well hidden in the text that I can't see it. I should learn how to read between the lines.

If you want cool tyre physics, VWS, Rockingham and improved damage physics I have the perfect solution for you: Get a real job, earn money from it, and when you can finally buy a VWS yourself and go to test it in Rockingham and when you have had enough of the good damage physics there, come here and moan again. Although I don't know how long that will take you.
He is Australian. Give him a chance , lets say Albert Park ok ?
Gran Turismo Team / Scavier = 50
Number of cars in LFS * 50 = Number of cars in Gran Turismo 5

But then again, LFS did have a two year head start...

Assuming the development time was the same, which it clearly wasn't, you could say that Scavier probably operates around at 1/50 the pace that Polyphony Digital does.

If we compare the GT2 and GT5, then divide the difference into fifty parts, we can say that LFS might improve by one of those 50 little parts in the next ten years. :clapclap:

j/k I know what is wrong with this post, and it pleases me.
We will all die in 2012. Don't talk about 10 years
Quote from lizardfolk :That this is how games die...it's a common death for millions of online based games before and it will be the #1 cause of death for the majority of online based games in the future and LFS is not immune to this.

I'm sure Nexon didn't intend to release Shattered Galaxy without any major updates for over 3 years. I'm sure Webzen didn't intent to keep Soul of the Ultimate nation in beta for over 1 year. I'm sure Blizzard intended to release Starcraft: Ghost. I'm sure 3D Realms intended to release Duke Nukem Forever someday.

Fact is, most of these cases as well as millions of others are cases where the developers have decided that they "did enough" or did not need to do more and the game died as a result. (shall I quote more? Space Cowboy Online (AirRivals), Rakion, Scion of Fate.) The devs HAVE to realize that the sim community is not necessarily that different from the MMO or the rest of the online gaming community.

Yes, the sim community will value quality engine and gameplay more than graphics compared to the average online gamer. But fact is, stagnant updating (if unbroken) will be the death of LFS just like all those other games.

Yes, I realize that it's only 3 people. Yes, I realize that they are recreating the physics engine for the Scirocco. But if this is delayed for any longer than half to 2 years. LFS will loose it's glory and the community will move on eventually. Maybe a few hardcore veterans will wait forever...but that will signify a game's death when there's no other group of players in LFS.

Of course this may not be anybodies' fault. The devs aren't a part of a mass company and they may have gained lives over the course of LFS. if that's the case, then LFS development will be excruciatingly slow...the same thing happens when a company adopts more than 1 MMORPG to develop. The result will usually be the death for the game but you cant really blame the LFS devs. It's just a fact of gaming really. Games come and go, rarely games last more than 5 years let alone 10. if it does, just enjoy it while it last.

I dont see myself as a nomad gamer. But the current state of online pc gaming has forced me to put things into perspective. When the time comes, I will move on and so will the rest of the non-hardcore LFS community (if that hasnt happened already). The devs better realize that the reason is the stagnant update and they can do something about it if they really cared about fixing this problem.

Oh...and just an FYI, Huxley (another Webzen game SURPRISE!) was due out in 2006 summer...I'm still currently waiting for it to get out of open beta Seriously research that game, all the info, shots and video will be from 2006 and it still isn't released yet LOL. Is it a surprise that no one cares about that game anymore? (yet i'm still waiting for it)

This post needs to be quoted...
I agree with you,it may not be anybody's fault but the fact is the development is becoming slower and slower.
Still S6 OR S7 as a beta!!
well considering in around 7 years it has only gone up one revision im starting to doubt it will ever leave S2...
Well, some people tend to ignore, or not consider other important factors in this respect, so it only makes sense that "some" of you are losing faith at some point. LFS took a very different approach from the very beginning, and they will most likely stick to that way for a long time, which means that, the further these guys are progressing, the slower development goes.

LFS, unlike other games is very different in many aspects, and if you don't get it, at least at some point, then you've made the wrong choise. But the only one to blame is yourself, since everything has been stated or said along the way. Simple as that.

Just don't come here and act as if you've never had a choise or there is nothing else to play with. That's just bare nonsense.
Quote from 510N3D :Well, some people tend to ignore, or not consider other important factors in this respect, so it only makes sense that "some" of you are losing faith at some point. LFS took a very different approach from the very beginning, and they will most likely stick to that way for a long time, which means that, the further these guys are progressing, the slower development goes.

It's easy to see why some 'lose faith' because its gone dormant, again. It's an ongoing cycle that will continue till LFS is finished. There's nothing to keep the community interested other than these obnoxious threads. If there were events and other stuff to keep everyone occupied for the time being then everyone would be too busy to complain? I don't know...it just seems like when there's a lack of communication or just things to keep everyone busy certain people break down and then everyone is influenced and these threads start to occur.

It would be neat if there was a 'bleeding edge' version of LFS released that would be online incompatible but still had to be activated. It could include a bunch of updates and other things that are unsuitable for the stable release. That would keep everyone quiet as it could be updated frequently without having to worry about quality...I don't know...the community needs something and it's pretty obvious...

I could care less either way, I follow this game only from a development standpoint. I've been around for quite some time and as of now I just have LFS installed on my travel laptop and play it quite often while I travel and it's a blast but other than that I just want to see LFS progress because I know it has unlimited potential at this point.
And yet still, the line is going up.
Attached images
orly.jpg
Quote from Stiggie :And yet still, the line is going up.

What is that pic supposed to prove? That there are more people online in the evenings than during the day? Yep, it proves that.

What will LFS be in 10 years?
(292 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG