#276 - e.M
well after 7 years its better then before, it should be too after 10
its gonna be virtual.
Quote from Kalev EST :What is that pic supposed to prove? That there are more people online in the evenings than during the day? Yep, it proves that.

No, it proves that the amount of people who buy a license is going up.
Quote from Stiggie :No, it proves that the amount of people who buy a license is going up.

Noo - it's a screenshot of the number of users online against time graph. Seeing as it's a 24h screenshot it doesn't show much
Quote from J@tko :Noo - it's a screenshot of the number of users online against time graph. Seeing as it's a 24h screenshot it doesn't show much

Crap :doh: Well, what i meant to say was.. the amount of S2 users is still going in the right direction, the picture was just to back it up anyway.
That's why i don't think there's a reason as to why people are so damn pessimistic about LFS' ''future''.
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :It's easy to see why some 'lose faith' because its gone dormant, again. It's an ongoing cycle that will continue till LFS is finished. There's nothing to keep the community interested other than these obnoxious threads. If there were events and other stuff to keep everyone occupied for the time being then everyone would be too busy to complain? I don't know...it just seems like when there's a lack of communication or just things to keep everyone busy certain people break down and then everyone is influenced and these threads start to occur.

It didn't went dormant at all. Maybe for us, the users, but, at least according to the latest news from Scawen, it didn't, whatsoever. Besides that, I don't quite understand why "everyone" has to be kept occupied. Is there nothing else to play? I really don't get this bigotry. There are events, leagues, public servers, and if that's not enough for "you", go play something else. It's the old card I'm pulling out, yes, but it's the truth.

There is no lack of communication, just a huge amount of ignorance. Look at this thread, and simular ones. It's been explained, a thousand times, at least, still, as soon as the facts are been presented, someone replied as if all of this never happend.

Quote from Homeless_Drunk :
It would be neat if there was a 'bleeding edge' version of LFS released that would be online incompatible but still had to be activated. It could include a bunch of updates and other things that are unsuitable for the stable release. That would keep everyone quiet as it could be updated frequently without having to worry about quality...I don't know...the community needs something and it's pretty obvious...

You really believe you could shut up (most of the) people with that, or any other step in this regard? I have my doubts...

Quote from Homeless_Drunk :
I could care less either way, I follow this game only from a development standpoint. I've been around for quite some time and as of now I just have LFS installed on my travel laptop and play it quite often while I travel and it's a blast but other than that I just want to see LFS progress because I know it has unlimited potential at this point.

Exactly, I to see the unlimited potential, but at the same time, as sad as it is, there only is a limited amount of developers and time avaiable. Still, I'm quite optimistic that LFS will grow, in time, and no matter what happens though, there always will be a group of users that are unhappy, no matter what and how often something happens, and the rest will appreciate it for what it is, because they are able to understand the framework conditions.
Quote from Stiggie :Crap :doh: Well, what i meant to say was.. the amount of S2 users is still going in the right direction, the picture was just to back it up anyway.
That's why i don't think there's a reason as to why people are so damn pessimistic about LFS' ''future''.

If you go back and click "300 weeks" then you can see a bit of an increase. Ish.
Quote from 510N3D :It didn't went dormant at all. Maybe for us, the users, but, at least according to the latest news from Scawen, it didn't, whatsoever. Besides that, I don't quite understand why "everyone" has to be kept occupied. Is there nothing else to play? I really don't get this bigotry. There are events, leagues, public servers, and if that's not enough for "you", go play something else. It's the old card I'm pulling out, yes, but it's the truth.

There is a bunch of other stuff to play and do outside of LFS, that's obvious. The fact remains that a lot of people on here have no lives and find it difficult to fathom that which is unfortunate.

Quote :There is no lack of communication, just a huge amount of ignorance. Look at this thread, and simular ones. It's been explained, a thousand times, at least, still, as soon as the facts are been presented, someone replied as if all of this never happend.

That's the ongoing cycle of LFS development, haha.

Quote :You really believe you could shut up (most of the) people with that, or any other step in this regard? I have my doubts...

I don't think it would make people shut up...but it would keep them occupied and at least give them something 'new' to play with and test while they wait for official 'stable' releases...hell, maybe even charge a premium for access to that, I know people wouldn't mind paying...

Quote :Exactly, I to see the unlimited potential, but at the same time, as sad as it is, there only is a limited amount of developers and time avaiable. Still, I'm quite optimistic that LFS will grow, in time, and no matter what happens though, there always will be a group of users that are unhappy, no matter what and how often something happens, and the rest will appreciate it for what it is, because they are able to understand the framework conditions.

It will grow but it's going to be a bumpy ride if development stalls...because the community will get rambunctious, it's in the game's history.
Attached images
doodle.png
Well, LFS is different, and I'm glad it is. There are up- and downsides to this kind of approach, regarding development though.

In ten years, I will either rub this thread into many peoples faces, or have a laugh at myself for being far too optimistic (although it has helped me to school myself in patience quite a bit).

That's all I've got to say at this point really.
Quote from Stiggie :Crap :doh: Well, what i meant to say was.. the amount of S2 users is still going in the right direction (...)

And which direction is that? Up? Well d'uh, the amount of licensed users isn't exactly going to go down now, is it?
In 10 years we will be driving the Scirocco on the Rockingham Motor Speedway with our Logitech G31 with 8-speed shifter and 3D glasses and Blackwould would have gotten an other update.
Quote from marzman :In 10 years we will be driving the Scirocco on the Rockingham Motor Speedway with our Logitech G31 with 8-speed shifter and 3D glasses and Blackwood would have gotten an other update.

That's the spirit.
Quote from obsolum :And which direction is that? Up? Well d'uh, the amount of licensed users isn't exactly going to go down now, is it?

For **** sake, is it really that hard to ****ing understand?! I mean, the overall activity in LFS is still very high, not only by S2 users, but also by demo users.
All i'm saying is, there really isn't a problem when it comes to the overall popularity of the game. And i myself think that won't change in the coming 10 years.
Quote from Stiggie :For **** sake, is it really that hard to ****ing understand?!

Are you really that thick that you can't see he's just messing with you?
Quote from marzman :In 10 years we will be driving the Scirocco on the Rockingham Motor Speedway with our Logitech G31 with 8-speed shifter and 3D glasses and Blackwould would have gotten an other update.

Why so pessimistic? We will have Logitech G74 and 4D glasses already
Quote from Shadowww :Why so pessimistic? We will have Logitech G74 and 4D glasses already

You hope xD

What will LFS be in 10 years?
(292 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG